Hardware Wiimote unsyncing with loader GX, please help.

Can anyone help me with my wii problem on loader gx

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't understand why you are "searching" for the boot.dol
Just extract the package (with 7zip program) to your SD card. it contains ALL the files you need, you don't have to "search" for them, they are included.

Your SD Card must look like this:
313428-d2x%20cIOS%20installer%20tuto01.png

Like you see, there is a "apps" folder, and inside the apps folder you create a "d2x cIOS installer" (you can name it like you want)
Inside that newly created folder, you copy ALL the content of the 7zip package you downloaded (or if you prefer, you extract the content of the 7zip inside that newly created folder):
the 4 files and the 3 folders!

SD > apps > d2x cIOS installer > [extract all the 7zip here]

ATTENTION, DO NOT USE THE vWII PACKAGE ON WII.

Then, you put the SD card on your Wii and launch the homebrew channel.
The "d2x installer" icon will appear on the list of homebrew, launch it.

Note :
Copying the files on the SD card is NOT "installing", this is NOT installed anywhere on your console, this is NOT a cIOS but "the installer".
It's a program that you will launch on your console to install the cIOS INTO your console (not on the SD card).
Once it's installed on the console correctly, you can delete the d2x installer files from your SD card, the console will never use them anymore.

So, when you launch the installer, you will see a screen where you have to choose what to install on your console.
by pressing UP/DOWN you can change the line, by pressing LEFT/RIGHT you can change the options.
You have to select this :
- d2x v8 Final
- slot 249
- base 56
- version 21008
then you can press A and wait for the installation to complete.
When you are back to the installation selection screen, you can press the Home button to exit the installer.

You can then try USBLoaderGX, if it works without un-syncing the wiimote, then you can delete the d2x installer from your SD Card. You don't need to install it anymore. it's already installed.

Littleguy2000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thank you guys so much! I put my sd card in my computer I installed the cios into my files and then i8 started looking at the boot.dol and I decided to search them well I found most of them and put them into the d2x but there were two that gave me a blank search page those were the icon.png and the ciosmaps.xml and I have a black wii
Does anyone respond anymore

petethepug

PUG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand why you are "searching" for the boot.dol
Just extract the package (with 7zip program) to your SD card. it contains ALL the files you need, you don't have to "search" for them, they are included.

Your SD Card must look like this:
313428-d2x%20cIOS%20installer%20tuto01.png

Like you see, there is a "apps" folder, and inside the apps folder you create a "d2x cIOS installer" (you can name it like you want)
Inside that newly created folder, you copy ALL the content of the 7zip package you downloaded (or if you prefer, you extract the content of the 7zip inside that newly created folder):
the 4 files and the 3 folders!

SD > apps > d2x cIOS installer > [extract all the 7zip here]

ATTENTION, DO NOT USE THE vWII PACKAGE ON WII.

Then, you put the SD card on your Wii and launch the homebrew channel.
The "d2x installer" icon will appear on the list of homebrew, launch it.

Note :
Copying the files on the SD card is NOT "installing", this is NOT installed anywhere on your console, this is NOT a cIOS but "the installer".
It's a program that you will launch on your console to install the cIOS INTO your console (not on the SD card).
Once it's installed on the console correctly, you can delete the d2x installer files from your SD card, the console will never use them anymore.

So, when you launch the installer, you will see a screen where you have to choose what to install on your console.
by pressing UP/DOWN you can change the line, by pressing LEFT/RIGHT you can change the options.
You have to select this :
- d2x v8 Final
- slot 249
- base 56
- version 21008
then you can press A and wait for the installation to complete.
When you are back to the installation selection screen, you can press the Home button to exit the installer.

You can then try USBLoaderGX, if it works without un-syncing the wiimote, then you can delete the d2x installer from your SD Card. You don't need to install it anymore. it's already installed.

Does anyone respond anymore

The issue may have been fixed here, or you can just assume they did it wrong, and their Wii bricked during the installation.
This is the best answer on here for fixing the issue.

Also until the OP Replies we can't really interpret what else will happen, but you can probably just assume they installed the cIOS correctly, or had re-installed it.

Littleguy2000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The issue may have been fixed here, or you can just assume they did it wrong, and their Wii bricked during the installation.
This is the best answer on here for fixing the issue.

Also until the OP Replies we can't really interpret what else will happen, but you can probably just assume they installed the cIOS correctly, or had re-installed it.
thankyou

MarkusnoAAAAA

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It's an issue with the cIOS. it's installed incorrectly. reloading the slot where the cIOS is installed resets the SYSCONF data which hold the Wiimote sync information.
You can fix your problem by reinstalling the d2x cIOS (overwrite the existing one, you don't need to delete it).

it's rare, but it happens.
it happened to me once. it's easy to fix :)

Hi! I just had to resync my Wiiremote after ejecting my SD-Card. Could that be the reason? thx!
(I'm on a real Wii (old Model))

Last edited by MarkusnoAAAAA,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
hello,

I'm not sure the SD card have anything to do with the Wiimote sync information.
the file responsible for the Wiimote sync is "SYSCONF" located in the internal memory of the console.
I suppose that file is accessed at IOS reload, to read which wiimote MAC/ID are sync with that console.

losing sync (full? you had to re-sync with red button??) when ejecting the SD seems a strange result to me.

Maybe more information, what did you do when you ejected it? you were on sysmenu, or homebrew channel, or in a homebrew, or while being actively installing the cIOS (why would you eject the SD at install process? I don't think you'd be doing that)

MarkusnoAAAAA

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
hello,

I'm not sure the SD card have anything to do with the Wiimote sync information.
the file responsible for the Wiimote sync is "SYSCONF" located in the internal memory of the console.
I suppose that file is accessed at IOS reload, to read which wiimote MAC/ID are sync with that console.

losing sync (full? you had to re-sync with red button??) when ejecting the SD seems a strange result to me.

Maybe more information, what did you do when you ejected it? you were on sysmenu, or homebrew channel, or in a homebrew, or while being actively installing the cIOS (why would you eject the SD at install process? I don't think you'd be doing that)

Thanks for your interest and will to understand the problem. First of all I want to state that it works again, so If it doesn't return there is no big problem.

Nonetheless I am also interested in the possibility of this happining at all. Ok. I was in USBloader GX and I wanted to start Illvelo, but got blackscreen and had to hard reset 2x. Then I went into configurable USB Loader (an old one) where I remembered it working. Then I chose to download all covers (instead of only the missing ones) and had to wait it through... Then I wanted to know how much space the covers take, turned off the Wii console, ejected the SD and put it into the PC via a hama dongle. To my positive surprise I found out that the Download did overwrite and not double files like name(1). The coverfolders for each loader take approximately about 100mb. After that I put the SD back into the Wii and truned the Wii back on, not starting it without SD inserted in the meantime.

I already had a weird feeling not to do this and did it nonetheless because I thought that nothing could go wrong ... but that's how life can be. So, putting the SD back in I couldn't turn the Wii on with the WiiRemotes Powerbutton. (So the Wii seems to know which Wiimotes are connected before it starts. - Which in a way includes there being some kind of Memory connected to the "radio" receiver for the remote power button.)

I had to use the consoles power button to start it and resync the console and the Wii Remote pressing the red buttons on both devices. Like it is stated on the help site of nintendo . uk. (So they aknowledge that this can happen?) Before this the Wii didn't recognize the controller at all.
Going back into USBLoaderGX I changed the video to force output NTSC for this particular game and that did the trick.

I find that to be weird as well. My layman's explanation of it was that I might have had static on my finger and that it somehow went into the consoles red button when ejecting the SD ... but that is highly improbable since it needs to be held down for 15 secs before it "flashes" the memory for the synced Wiimotes. And I remember not pushing the red button when ejecting the SD...

Questions:
So the SYSCONF then contains data about that particular Wiimote like an ID-Number?

Even with homebrechannel installed we still use the official IOS for the main-menu, right? So yeah. I think one would have to understand the hardware architecture of the Wii and the Influence of homebrew on it's working to figure this out, right? And one would have to understand the sync function and how that is stored....

Thank you for the insights and help.

Ok. Just to clarify: I didn't mess up my homebrewchannel installation or any of the like. That worked.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Thanks for your interest and will to understand the problem. First of all I want to state that it works again, so If it doesn't return there is no big problem.

Nonetheless I am also interested in the possibility of this happining at all. Ok. I was in USBloader GX and I wanted to start Illvelo, but got blackscreen and had to hard reset 2x. Then I went into configurable USB Loader (an old one) where I remembered it working. Then I chose to download all covers (instead of only the missing ones) and had to wait it through... Then I wanted to know how much space the covers take, turned off the Wii console, ejected the SD and put it into the PC via a hama dongle. To my positive surprise I found out that the Download did overwrite and not double files like name(1). The coverfolders for each loader take approximately about 100mb. After that I put the SD back into the Wii and truned the Wii back on, not starting it without SD inserted in the meantime.

I already had a weird feeling not to do this and did it nonetheless because I thought that nothing could go wrong ... but that's how life can be. So, putting the SD back in I couldn't turn the Wii on with the WiiRemotes Powerbutton. (So the Wii seems to know which Wiimotes are connected before it starts. - Which in a way includes there being some kind of Memory connected to the "radio" receiver for the remote power button.)

I had to use the consoles power button to start it and resync the console and the Wii Remote pressing the red buttons on both devices. Like it is stated on the help site of nintendo . uk. (So they aknowledge that this can happen?) Before this the Wii didn't recognize the controller at all.
Going back into USBLoaderGX I changed the video to force output NTSC for this particular game and that did the trick.

I find that to be weird as well. My layman's explanation of it was that I might have had static on my finger and that it somehow went into the consoles red button when ejecting the SD ... but that is highly improbable since it needs to be held down for 15 secs before it "flashes" the memory for the synced Wiimotes. And I remember not pushing the red button when ejecting the SD...

Questions:
So the SYSCONF then contains data about that particular Wiimote like an ID-Number?

Even with homebrechannel installed we still use the official IOS for the main-menu, right? So yeah. I think one would have to understand the hardware architecture of the Wii and the Influence of homebrew on it's working to figure this out, right? And one would have to understand the sync function and how that is stored....

Thank you for the insights and help.

Ok. Just to clarify: I didn't mess up my homebrewchannel installation or any of the like. That worked.

Hello.:)

May I ask please,out of curiosity,did you maybe have enabled the "emuNAND Save" Option in USBLoader GX ?
This "redirects" your Saves to the SD Card/NAND instead to the Wii´s real NAND/Memory.

And if yes it the Option set to FULL or PARTIAL please ?

Settings/Gobal Settings - Loader Settings -> Nand Saves Emulation - Partial

P1360680.JPG P1360679.JPG

Thank you.:)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
thank you for the detailed description!
If something went wrong with sysconf, it's more from the currently launched app (CFG Loader?) but it still worked when you powered off.
it didn't work anymore when trying to powerON, but at that time the SD shouldn't be accessed (even in standby I think).

If you can launch USBloaders (you'll have to verify they are using cIOS or IOS58 while inside the loader) or playing wii game from USB without losing sync again each time, then it's not a cIOS issue.

You don't lose sync of all the wiimotes by just pressing one red button. so even if "static" would have trigger it, that's not what it would have caused.

Even with homebrechannel installed we still use the official IOS for the main-menu, right?
sysmenu still use IOS60, 70 or 80 (depends which version of your sysmenu you have)
these cIOS can be patched for signature check patch, but if these IOS were at fault, you'd have to resync the wiimote each time you load sys menu. not happening once just randomly, but every time.

So, I don't know why it lost sync. like you said, nintendo acknoledge it might happen but I have no idea why.

alexander:
redirecting save "partial" would not affect sysconf.
redirecting "full nand" might, but not at console boot. only at game play it would load the sysconf from the emuNAND. at boot, it would reuse the one from the console.
he said it happened with CFG Loader as last app, so he wasn't playing with emuNAND and the wiimote was working last time before shutting down the console.
well, just saying, to point to the actual situation ^^

Last edited by Cyan,

MarkusnoAAAAA

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
to alexander:

I have the setting Nand Saves Emulaion OFF. - I think that the saves might be something different than the sync info for the Remotes. But I could be wrong.

You're welcome. If I get that right you wanted to help too so thanks to you too. greets!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

thank you for the detailed description!
If something went wrong with sysconf, it's more from the currently launched app (CFG Loader?) but it still worked when you powered off.
it didn't work anymore when trying to powerON, but at that time the SD shouldn't be accessed (even in standby I think).

If you can launch USBloaders (you'll have to verify they are using cIOS or IOS58 while inside the loader) or playing wii game from USB without losing sync again each time, then it's not a cIOS issue.

You don't lose sync of all the wiimotes by just pressing one red button. so even if "static" would have trigger it, that's not what it would have caused.

sysmenu still use IOS60, 70 or 80 (depends which version of your sysmenu you have)
these cIOS can be patched for signature check patch, but if these IOS were at fault, you'd have to resync the wiimote each time you load sys menu. not happening once just randomly, but every time.

So, I don't know why it lost sync. like you said, nintendo acknoledge it might happen but I have no idea why.

alexander:
redirecting save "partial" would not affect sysconf.
redirecting "full nand" might, but not at console boot. only at game play it would load the sysconf from the emuNAND. at boot, it would reuse the one from the console.
he said it happened with CFG Loader as last app, so he wasn't playing with emuNAND and the wiimote was working last time before shutting down the console.
well, just saying, to point to the actual situation ^^

-- Well, If I remember correctly I turned the game off with the Remote ingame before ejecting the SD and then it was CGF Loader I used. Well concluded Cyan! :)

That's what I thought as well.

The current situation: I am not losing sync when starting a loader or starting a game. (Just like before.) So I can affirm it is not a cIOS issue. As far as I know I do not use a cIOS. I just didn't update. - For now starting the console, loading etc. has worked 5 times without losing sync in the process after problem occured.

I too thought of static. And we have that in the flat I live in to a noteworthy extend... As far as I know one function of the big red button on the console is to erase all connections if you hold it for 15 seconds. But that's not true for the small ones. ...

ok, Thanks for the effort!

I understand now, that I highjacked the thread! Sorry!

Cyberponyfun

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hi, i have the same problem. so in details is:
when i turned on the wii, the wiimote unsync, i can press red button on wii and wiimote to sync and it stays synced on official wii channels, but if i run homebrew or anything unofficial then it unsync and wont sync (tried red button). when i entered homebrew i can use GC controller just fine, run usbloader run a game, then in game i can connect with the red button.

any ideas?

SysCheck HDE v2.4.0 HacksDen Edition by JoostinOnline, Double_A, R2-D2199, and Nano
...runs on IOS58 (rev 6175).
Region: NTSC-U (original region: JAP)
System Menu 4.1U (v449)
Priiloader installed
Drive date: 09.07.2006
Homebrew Channel 1.1.2 running on IOS58
Hollywood v0x11
Console ID: 39774601
Console Type: Wii
Shop Channel Country: Singapore (153)
Boot2 v4
Found 62 titles.
Found 44 IOS on this console. 1 of them are stubs.
IOS4 (rev 3): Stub
IOS9 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS10 (rev 518): Flash Access
IOS11 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS12 (rev 11): No Patches
IOS13 (rev 15): No Patches
IOS14 (rev 262): No Patches
IOS15 (rev 265): No Patches
IOS16 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Access, NAND Access
IOS17 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS20 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS21 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS22 (rev 777): No Patches
IOS28 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS30 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS31 (rev 3088): No Patches
IOS33 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS34 (rev 3087): No Patches
IOS35 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS36 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS37 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS38 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS40 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS41 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS43 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS45 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS46 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS50 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS52 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS53 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS55 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS56 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS58 (rev 6175): USB 2.0
IOS60 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS70 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS80 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug
IOS202[38+60] (rev 4, Info: hermes-v4): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS222[38] (rev 4, Info: hermes-v4.0): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS223[38+37] (rev 4, Info: hermes-v4): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS236 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, Beer Ticket
IOS249[56] (rev 65535, Info: d2x-v10beta52): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS250[57] (rev 65535, Info: d2x-v10beta52): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS251[58] (rev 65535, Info: d2x-v10beta52): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii
BC v4
MIOS v9
Report generated on 08/05/2009.

ignore the date on syscheck

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
it unsync on any homebrew, even HBC ?
or specifically inside HBC, but works fine and doesn't unsync if you run the homebrew from a forwarder channel ?
or even unsynch from forwarder ?
which one? all, or specific ?

If we don't mind the syscheck date... why ? it means it's old, are you sure you didn't change anything since 2009 ?
or did you set the console's date to 2009 ?

I'm not sure, but is 6175 the correct IOS 58 version ?
IOS58 (rev 6175): USB 2.0

From your report, I see you have all your IOS patched. You probably used Pimp My Wii (bad!) and messed your console up.
use modmii to fix it and install ALL the proper and latest LEGIT and unmodified version of everything.
you don't need any modification to your system to run homebrew!
If you followed a guide telling you to use Pimp My Wii, flee ! that guide or user doesn't understand what they are doing or why and think an "all in one solution" is a good idea because of simplicity.

things are actually even simpler than Pimp My wii : there's no need to edit or patch any existing IOS!

Last edited by Cyan,

ollek

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
My Wiimote's looses connection with the main Wii-unit when starting games with USB Loader GX (they become unsynced). I am using original Wiimotes. It also happens when trying to start games with WiiFlow Lite.

Any help are appreciated!

Here's a Syscheck from the system.

SysCheck HDE v2.4.0 HacksDen Edition by JoostinOnline, Double_A, R2-D2199, and Nano
...runs on IOS58 (rev 6176).

Region: PAL
System Menu 4.3E (v514)
Priiloader installed
Drive date: 02.13.2007
Homebrew Channel 1.1.2 running on IOS58

Hollywood v0x11
Console ID:
Console Type: Wii
Shop Channel Country: Sweden (107)
Boot2 v4
Found 88 titles.
Found 47 IOS on this console. 14 of them are stubs.

IOS4 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS9 (rev 1034): No Patches
IOS10 (rev 768): Stub
IOS11 (rev 256): Stub
IOS12 (rev 526): No Patches
IOS13 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS14 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS15 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS16 (rev 512): Stub
IOS17 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS20 (rev 256): Stub
IOS21 (rev 1039): No Patches
IOS22 (rev 1294): No Patches
IOS28 (rev 1807): No Patches
IOS30 (rev 2816): Stub
IOS31 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS33 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS34 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS35 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS36 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS37 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS38 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS40 (rev 3072): Stub
IOS41 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS43 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS45 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS46 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS48 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS50 (rev 5120): Stub
IOS51 (rev 4864): Stub
IOS52 (rev 5888): Stub
IOS53 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS55 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS56 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS57 (rev 5919): No Patches
IOS58 (rev 6176): USB 2.0
IOS60 (rev 6400): Stub
IOS61 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS62 (rev 6430): No Patches
IOS70 (rev 6912): Stub
IOS80 (rev 6944): No Patches
IOS222 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS223 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS249[57] (rev 65535, Info: d2x-v10beta52): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS250[56] (rev 65535, Info: d2x-v10beta52): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS251[38] (rev 65535, Info: d2x-v10beta52): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii
BC v6
MIOS v10
Report generated on 08/14/2021.

Last edited by ollek,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this can happen due to the syscon. at least, I know it happens with emunand unless you inject the syscon with any new syncs since before you made the original emunand. it happened to me on the vwii, when I had added a pro controller. it would always lose sync, and resyncing it doesn't work. you have to inject the syscon which is where the pairings are done.

alzen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Ok going through this thread and i see many people with similiar but not exact the same problem. So can someone list working solutions please?

(just in case you wonder my situation is as topic says, i lose sync after launching a game with usbloadergx, but it also happens in regular usbloadergx and start program of Project+ that is based on usbloadergx).

@Sypherone - sorry, wanted to edit after read your post but cannot see option to delete my reply

JoaoFaro

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hey guys! Sry for posting here now but I can't find a solution and I did this to my wii many years ago and now I dont remember most of the stuff.
So I hacked the wii and installed homebrew, pimp my wii and usb loader gx back in the days.
During the process my controller1 disconnected, i grabbed the 2nd one i had and proceeded to continue the installation.
It all worked and I used the loader gx. Later I had to return my main controller to warranty and got a new one that didn't want to connect with loader gx. I was a kid back in the days and was not able to find a solution for that issue.

Now I returned to the wii and was trying to solve this issue. I installed the usb configurable loader but doesnt seem to be working for me as well.
The controller always disconnects and keeps blinking forever. I always try to resync them but it doesnt work.
I tried the d2x custom IOS installer solution but my controller also disconnects before I can install something. It works fine in the homebrew channel but then disconnects on some apps.

I have a black wii and my current IOS is 58 v6176

If any of you can provide some help I really appreciate it!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.