Tutorial How To Get Wiimmfi Competitions On The ORIGINAL Wii (Mario Kart Wii)

What did you think of my first tutorial?

• Well written, easy to follow.

• Could've been better (Feedback would be appreciated)

Results are only viewable after voting.

PhoenixPlayzz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
THIS TUTORIAL WILL NOT WORK FOR PEOPLE WHO USE THE ON THE FLY PATCHIER TO ACCESS WIIMMFI.

THIS TUTORIAL WILL NOT WORK ON THE vWII.

I AM NOT LIABLE FOR ANY ACTIONS YOU PERFORM BASED OFF OF THIS GUIDE. ALL MY ADVICE SHOULD BE TREATED AS GUIDELINE ONLY NO MATTER THE RISK.

This tutorial will show you how to:

Setup your Wii to receive competitions in your Wiimmfi scrubbed or CTGP (no sd save, ct disabled) patched copy of Mario Kart Wii.

================================================================================================================================================================

TUTORIAL:

(Step 2 is only needed if you want to receive competition related messages on the messages board).

1: Navigate to your Wii Settings and navigate to your WiiConnect24 settings. Enable this, and depending on whether you would like periodic standby checks; change that setting as well.

2: Navigate to your clean, non-patched/scrubbed version of Mario Kart Wii. This means that the copy you open can be a clean .iso file on a USB loader, or from a disc. Before the license selection screen, click on the button on the top right that is labeled "Settings".

2a) Now depending on your region of your copy of MKW, you may have different steps:

PAL: Click Nintendo WFC Connection< Message Service.

NTSC: Network Settings < Message Delivery.

Opt into the message service if you aren’t already. If you were already opted in, opt out and back again.

3: Download the patcher from the official Wimmfi MKW Competitions Page. Put the file in the apps folder of your SD card or HDD. Run the launcher and wait for all the processes to finish; then press A.

NOTE: If after 12 hours of your wii being in standby and not receiving competitions, you can run the launcher again and, instead of pressing A, you can press the 1 button to make the wii immediately check for competitions. This may however, mess up future stand-by checks and is therefore not recommended unless your wii was not downloading competitions in the first place.

================================================================================================================================================================

If you prefer a visual guide: I have made a video tutorial of the entire process. All with voice commentary.

Last edited by PhoenixPlayzz,
D

Deleted User

Nice tutorial! Though I have no use for it as I use the patcher for vWii.

Dominator456

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having some issues with the patcher. Any help will be appreciated. I cannot get the manual patch to work
Post automatically merged:

I am having some issues with the patcher. Any help will be appreciated. I cannot get the manual patch to work
I am using the normal wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)