Germany
Last edited by Wiimm,
Reactions: cvskid

Daggot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Me and my friend were having some trouble last night as AC: City Folk and Tatsunoko Vs Capcom were getting very laggy last night. Is this something with the server or is it our connection? We were playing on real Wii's by the way.

Wiimm

Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany
I don't know anything about server issues in the last night.
However, the server is only used for login and matchmaking. After that almost all network data is send peer-to-peer. So if the game lags while playing, it is nearly always a problem of the peer-to-peer connections.

PFTM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@Wiimm :
Method 2: Using an USB Loader automatic patcher
Some loaders have a built-in patching function to patch games on the fly at launch time. No need to download the patcher and mess with the ISO. The USB loaders will do it for you every time you play the game.

Please teach me how to use this method. I only have USB loader GX and i don't know how to enable this automatic patcher

Wiimm

Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany
The server runs now 24 weeks + 5 days without interrupt. Only MASTER crashed once (forgotten to check a NULL pointer) 72 days ago. But the watchdog started the MASTER in less than 1 second.

Since March I updated the servers several times using the smart restart functionality for the code updates: No collected data, connections or packets are lost!

And some minutes ago I updated all 3 C servers to support the new SUPERVISOR server. SUPERVISOR collects data from all other servers and should create better real time statistics.

server-status-2016-09.png

Last edited by Wiimm,
Reactions: cvskid

SonicRings

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi. I have decided recently to use the competition patcher for wiimmfi competitions. There is one problem. I followed the guide EXACTLY and can do competitions BUT I do not think my wii is checking periodically for competitions. What happened is one night I did the patcher and went to bed. The next morning, nothing. So I pressed 1 at the end of the patcher and manually updated. Later on I accidentally "updated" my wii by letting a disc in the disc channel check for ios249 and I clicked update (not sure if it affects the patcher or not) and reinstalled the Homebrew channel and then again went to mariokart settings, turned letters off and on, and ran the patcher. It worked without pressing 1 (not sure if because of recent patch with 1 button press)
But, long story short, I'm not recieving any letter checks!!
Wiimmfi stats say:
First download request: 2016-09-03 04:28:31 UTC
Last competition download request: 2016-09-09 22:58:01 UTC
Last announcement letter download request: Never
The first was when I pressed 1 and I don't know about the last
But I really want letters to come in please help!!!
If you solved your problem, please don't edit it out. Instead, post your solution. I wasn't aware of MKW competitions before, but now that I am, I might do this myself. If I run into the same issue you ran into I'd have a solution from seeing your post if you had stated what it was.

incidentallyscribble

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you solved your problem, please don't edit it out. Instead, post your solution. I wasn't aware of MKW competitions before, but now that I am, I might do this myself. If I run into the same issue you ran into I'd have a solution from seeing your post if you had stated what it was.
Well, I think it's working now, but my wii hasn't refreshed to competition number 10 yet. I didn't do anything, it just started (kinda) working. Glad you were interested:)
UPDATE 11:50 A.M. so the wii downloaded competition number 10 but it has not downloaded the letter. The last time it requested a letter was 5:47 P.M yesterday. Still waiting...

Last edited by incidentallyscribble,

incidentallyscribble

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I think it's working now, but my wii hasn't refreshed to competition number 10 yet. I didn't do anything, it just started (kinda) working. Glad you were interested:)
UPDATE 11:50 A.M. so the wii downloaded competition number 10 but it has not downloaded the letter. The last time it requested a letter was 5:47 P.M yesterday. Still waiting...
Update 2: It's been a full 24 hours, and no letter! I'm not sure why. Is something wrong? Please help!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Update 2: It's been a full 24 hours, and no letter! I'm not sure why. Is something wrong? Please help!
Update 3: YESSSSSSSSSSSSS
It works!!!!

Attachments

• 20160911_180254.jpg
    20160911_180254.jpg
    293 KB · Views: 167

cashonly

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello. I'm having isues finding players in worldwide region and even 132 region. Te screen stays in "finding players" menu.
Do you know what i sould do? I even let it to search 10 minutes.

Wiimm

Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat