Homebrew WiiMC-SS - GameCube controller support and more

TheDimensioner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
H̶a̶n̶d̶b̶r̶a̶k̶e̶. :P
XMedia Recode, much better, you at least have a preview of what you're doing XD.

And @SuperrSonic, have you been secretly updating this? When I re-download this once in a while, it has a different date and file size (latest is 05/24, with file size at 9,10MBs from only 9MBs). You could at least tell us what was changed/added/removed :yay:!

EDIT: Just saw that you've added a "deflicker" option to the settings, that's much appreciated for 480i users watching anime (like me XD)! Thank you for your efforts, @SuperrSonic!

Last edited by TheDimensioner,
Reactions: Deleted User

roukxwel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Good evening
Thank you SuperrSonic for this mod
Small question is what subsequently there will be UStealth support for the WiiU owner

Winter-Knight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@SuperrSonic

This looks neat, but where is the source code? WiiMC is GPLv2 software, so you have to provide source code for any binaries unless you have special permission from all of the copyright holders.

XICO2KX

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
-The option to disable the H.264 deblock filter on a per video basis

To disable simply change the extension of your video to ".dash".
Disabling this increases decoding speed a lot, but decreases visual quality, however depending on the video you can get away with it quite well. Keep in mind that the Netflix app for Wii does this for both main and baseline profiles.
Great work @SuperrSonic! :yaywii:
Just one quick suggestion...:rolleyes:
Could you please add an option do enable/disable that H.264 deblock filter?^_^
It would be a lot easier than having to manually rename every file every time!:unsure:

Reactions: rogerioronin

marmalade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im currently setting up my Wii so I only have to use the GameCube controller - I altered my bootmii.ini file so the Wii powers up straight to the homebrew channel, and I can immediately navigate with my GameCube controller without needing wiimote

WiiMC was kind of the 1 app left that I couldnt do this, but now I can - thanks!

there is a issue with the app tho, when disc icon is selected there is an error message if there is no disc inserted - the problem is the error message cannot be cancelled with the GameCube controller, so youre stuck on the screen

Arnol1985

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Hello dear SuperrSonic
I want to present you a project that I made with WiiMC.
It is a Streaming that is working at 100%. We have hundreds of movies and series online in Spanish (I'm from Chile).
But the problem we have is that randomly, the films fail as at the time of reproduction (may be earlier also) and other times they are reproduced complete (This has been corroborated by several users with the same movies). And those same movies sometimes do not fail.
Something that has allowed me to have more stable the WiiMC was to increase the available memory in Video and Online Media to 50%. But they have also registered me as failing.
I leave the link of this project.

If you could help us with this problem, I would be very grateful.

SuperrSonic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
But the problem we have is that randomly, the films fail as at the time of reproduction (may be earlier also) and other times they are reproduced complete (This has been corroborated by several users with the same movies). And those same movies sometimes do not fail.
Something that has allowed me to have more stable the WiiMC was to increase the available memory in Video and Online Media to 50%. But they have also registered me as failing.
I don't think I can help you there, the http part of WiiMC is unknown to me. It sounds like the connection speed is very slow, I would try a video with less bitrate to see if it can still fail randomly.
The memory options in the settings is only the percentage of data to copy before playing the video. Even if you select a low percentage, while playing a video it will still try to fill the full size if it can.

The only thing I could do is enable seeking in http videos, so the user can return easily to where they were watching.

It would be a lot easier than having to manually rename every file every time!:unsure:
The idea is that it shouldn't be used, unless you really need to.

Reactions: Arnol1985

Arnol1985

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Dear SuperSonic, it would be wonderful if you could make that modification that you mention.
I have news, YouTube has returned to WiiMC. The version he has left available modified the media in line with the address that opens YouTube again.

Thank you again.

SuperrSonic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
-Enable seeking in http streams
-Added new options to the settings menu (force full screen in 4:3 mode, volnorm, deflicker, etc.)
-Added global setting for skipping deblocking
-Added burn-in reduction support (requires ahbprot disabled)

Other minor changes:
-add .thp as a valid video extension
-re-use ffmpeg vorbis (whoops)
-removed some misc libass settings that might have affected performance.
-subfont-autoscale set to 0
This was changed because it would conflict with the sizes of .ssa/.ass and regular subs.

-disable forced marginV = 20
-sub settings now start with marginV 20
k6T9beZ.png
->
xLgtIbV.png

Basically marginV was used to get subs placed appropriately on the screen but it caused issues with .ssa subs, now it should default to 20 and not conflict with ssa styles.

Note: Changing volnorm from the settings menu will probably need a restart to turn off.
Burn-in reduction must be enabled from the settings menu, it starts a few seconds after the screen saver.

marmalade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the update but I have a problem with GameCube controller
when there is a Error message I cannot select Retry or Cancel or OK etc., I can only press start button to fully exit WiiMC

can there be a way to select buttons on a Error Message with GameCube controller?

SuperrSonic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
can there be a way to select buttons on a Error Message with GameCube controller?
You can now press B on the GC controller to select the option on the right or A to select the option on the left (usually OK or Retry).

Also added a setting to change the screen width to 720. And some minor cleanup, removed the YT quality/format selection option, updated the Spanish translation to include the new settings.
dU39EwE.gif

Hope I'm the first to coin 'defliqueador'
Something I forgot on the last update, I left the "full" version in the dl link, but it hasn't been updated yet. It's kind of a drag to support please understand.

Sogun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for your hard work, SuperrSonic.

Why are there two versions of WiiMC-SS? It would seem that the 'full' version is the one to use since it has "all features without removing anything", but it looks like the things that were removed are no longer needed... Can you say an example of one or two features that are kept in the 'full version' that someone would find useful?

I guess the lighter version has better performance and that's why you are focusing on it. What can the lighter version do that the full version can't?

SuperrSonic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Why are there two versions of WiiMC-SS? It would seem that the 'full' version is the one to use since it has "all features without removing anything", but it looks like the things that were removed are no longer needed...
It was requested in the first page.
Can you say an example of one or two features that are kept in the 'full version' that someone would find useful?
All original features that are now removed would be:
The picture viewer, themes, languages, NTFS/EXT2 support, a small range of codecs. I don't have a list of the codecs removed, but they were certainly the kind that an end user would probably never use. You can find which ones were removed by comparing the config.mak from my version to the official one of course.
I guess the lighter version has better performance and that's why you are focusing on it. What can the lighter version do that the full version can't?
Yeah, though in regard to decoding speed it's not very different but you might find it more stable. The full version is the same as the normal version without removing any features.

marmalade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the GameCube controller now works with Error messages, thanks!, tho I noticed another limitation with the GameCube controller

when doing a search or entering some text a keyboard appears on the screen in WiiMC, the GameCube controller cant select any of the keyboard keys or choose OK or Cancel
perhaps you can do something to make it function without having to turn off WiiMC

SteelWolf89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@SuperrSonic

Hey, just dropping in to say thanks for all the improvements you've made to this app, and asking for clarification on something.

Is it best to install this over a fresh version of WiiMC 1.3.4, WiiMC+ or WiiMC+ v14H Complete?

I'm mostly looking to stream YouTube now that the official app is gone and want the smoothest experience possible on a 240p/480i CRT.

specifically trying to get it to autoplay the next video in the list and avoid the videos randomly ending early.

any and all help would be highly appreciated.

Last edited by SteelWolf89,

SuperrSonic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Is it best to install this over a fresh version of WiiMC 1.3.4, WiiMC+ or WiiMC+ v14H Complete?
Should work all the same. Downgrading will clear all settings and restore points.
specifically trying to get it to autoplay the next video in the list and avoid the videos randomly ending early.
Try setting the online cache to a very low percentage and avoid pausing.

I'm not entirely certain yet but if it's disconnecting due to inactivity, the low caching should technically keep things going.
Why two .dol files? Which one do I have to use?
I ended up removing it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse