Homebrew WiiMC RELEASED!!! (Wii Media Center)

zeromac

Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I tried running my 1080p copy of AKira on this... It crashed
rofl.gif

stev418

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It has been working quite well up until the 1.1.9 update. Now i am getting the error message above "DVD Playback is Not Supported on This Wii"

The strange thing is we have been playing DVD using wiimc on this wii for months before. Im not sure how wiimc identifies newer model non-dvd playing wii but the serial on the wii is LAH114741363

anyone else have this issue?

Nathanaël

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nauru
A added some radiostations to onlinemedia.xml

Some work very good (like this one: http://broadcast.infomaniak.ch/rsr-couleur3-high.mp3) but some show some files first and need 30-60 seconds for booting. Once this is done, it works, but you need this 30-60 seconds every time you start such a radio station.

Examples:

DRS Virus

http://stream.srg-ssr.ch/drsvirus/aacp_64.m3u
http://stream.srg-ssr.ch/drsvirus/aacp_64.asx
http://stream.srg-ssr.ch/drsvirus/mp3_128.m3u
http://stream.srg-ssr.ch/drsvirus/mp3_128.asx
http://stream.srg-ssr.ch/drsvirus/mp3_128.ram

The last one (.ram) won't start at all, the others work, but need 30-60 seconds. Unfortunatly, DRS Virus doesn't offer a .mp3 stream. The .mp3 file format seems to work without any problems.

TerminX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
stev418 said:
It has been working quite well up until the 1.1.9 update. Now i am getting the error message above "DVD Playback is Not Supported on This Wii"

The strange thing is we have been playing DVD using wiimc on this wii for months before. Im not sure how wiimc identifies newer model non-dvd playing wii but the serial on the wii is LAH114741363

anyone else have this issue?
Same problem here. Certainly seems to be broken.

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the_randomizer said:
zeromac said:
rofl.gif

What did you expect from a 480p only console, 2160p or 4K?

Actually some HD content will play just fine, it will not be HD output but you can still watch the movie.

I myself have had mixed results if I encode the video myself it always works on all my devices, but if some one else does it I run into issues all the time.

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
PsionicRoshambo said:
the_randomizer said:
zeromac said:
rofl.gif

Actually some HD content will play just fine, it will not be HD output but you can still watch the movie.

According to the support forum at wiimc.org, "Files with MPEG-4 Simple video streams (typically XVID/DIVX .avi's) with resolutions up to 1280x720 have been reported as playing correctly." which I find is more than ample for an HD rip

Tantric

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
AdamBrunt said:
PsionicRoshambo said:
the_randomizer said:
zeromac said:
rofl.gif

According to the support forum at wiimc.org, "Files with MPEG-4 Simple video streams (typically XVID/DIVX .avi's) with resolutions up to 1280x720 have been reported as playing correctly." which I find is more than ample for an HD rip

...but uncommon. Most HD files you download are h264 at resolutions like that, and those will not play correctly. Also note that it won't look any better with "HD" videos since the Wii doesn't output at HD resolutions.

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to use the wiimc channel installer but I get the error of AHBPROT is not enabled! Installer cannot continue. what can I do to install the channel? thanks

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
bnm81002 said:
I tried to use the wiimc channel installer but I get the error of AHBPROT is not enabled! Installer cannot continue. what can I do to install the channel? thanks
From the WiiMC entry on WiiBrew:
QUOTEPrerequisites

You must have IOS58 to use this channel. Either upgrade to System Menu 4.3, or use the IOS58 Installer.
You must have Homebrew Channel 1.0.8+ running on IOS58 to run the installer. If HBC is not using IOS58, reinstall it.
This channel tries load apps/wiimc/boot.dol from SD or USB. You must have WiiMC installed in one of these locations.

Installation

Copy the installer files to your SD/USB device
Launch the installer from HBC
Click Install
Done!
I recommend installing a clean copy of IOS58 using the IOS58 Installer. Then use the HackMii Installer to re-install the HBC so that it uses IOS58. If done correctly, you will be able to install the WiiMC fowarder channel without issue.

-[]D

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PPSainity said:
bnm81002 said:
From the WiiMC entry on WiiBrew:
QUOTEPrerequisites

You must have IOS58 to use this channel. Either upgrade to System Menu 4.3, or use the IOS58 Installer.
You must have Homebrew Channel 1.0.8+ running on IOS58 to run the installer. If HBC is not using IOS58, reinstall it.
This channel tries load apps/wiimc/boot.dol from SD or USB. You must have WiiMC installed in one of these locations.

Installation

Copy the installer files to your SD/USB device
Launch the installer from HBC
Click Install
Done!
I recommend installing a clean copy of IOS58 using the IOS58 Installer. Then use the HackMii Installer to re-install the HBC so that it uses IOS58. If done correctly, you will be able to install the WiiMC fowarder channel without issue.

-[]D

I do have both HBC 1.0.8 and IOS58 installed

Tantric

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
bnm81002 said:
I do have both HBC 1.0.8 and IOS58 installed

...That's not the requirement. Read more closely. The requirement is that HBC is using IOS58. Just installing IOS58 is not enough.

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry I tried using the installer through PostLoader and not through HBC, it installed through HBC, sorry for the mistake on my part, thanks for the help

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got what seems to be a weird issue: i have 2 wii's in the house both have HBC running on IOS58 (AHBPROT enabled). Both connected via Wifi. Both launch WiiMC via AHBPROT forwarder to SD. in all cases i store my .avi media on a USB thumbdrive.

My Primary wii (see my sig for current configuration) plays back media files flawlessly up to 1.1.9; always has on prior versions as well....

My Secondary Wii has had nothing but problems (purchased used recently and has a DVD capable drive; similar to my sig except it is BootMii/IOS and does not have IOSes 222, 223, 224). it always launches WiiMC fine, but 5 - 30 minutes into most movies, it'll either freeze up solid, or start buffering (but fluctuate indefinitely @

Augusta

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there a reason why this won't play mkv's?
I'm trying to run an mkv anime file (50mb shrunken) and 5 seconds in it crashes?
I've tried avi/mp4 formats and all have run fine.

Is mkv just not supported yet?

Edit:
I ran the exact same mkv file on mplayer and it's running flawlessly : / ?

nala310

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
Been using WiiMC for a few month with no issues, but suddenly I'm having problems. When I start the program sometimes it work perfectly, but 9 times out of 10 as soon as it starts it goes to a stack dump. It's odd because I changed nothing on the Wii, just out of the blue it started. My Wii has no internet connected to it, so no updates or anything. Everything else runs fine, CFG, GeexBox, SNES emulator, etc. The only thing not working right is WiiMC. I've deleted and reinstalled the program, and the same thing. I've tried a new SD card and same thing happens. It seems weird because sometimes it works fine and sometimes it doesn't. For example yesterday I was able to watch 5 hours of video, pausing, rewinding, etc with no issues. Then last night tried to watch some more things, and nothing, had to go back to geexbox, which I don't care for. If anyone can help me that would be so appreciated as this is just frustrating. Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: @SylverReZ