Misc wiiley + internet

ukroy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
got a wiikey chip fitted and wanted to go on line but thought i would ask if thats ok first... becasue soon as i get on the internet it wants to do a software update is this ok or is there anything i should look out for DO'S and don'ts.
and how do u get a browser...thanks roy

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Do the update it's safe.
Then download the wiikey 1.9g update off their site and burn that with IMGburn and update your wiikey with that.
Then play online.
I play a burnt mario strikers all the time online.

Web Browser will be the worst $5 you ever spent. Skip that.

ukroy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
sorry might be think here
smile.gif
but download 1.9g update from where and what will it give me
and where do i get the web browser from ? sorry for the silly questions but don't want nintendo frying my chip

megatron_lives

Trophies
Website
www.enthalpynet.co.uk
XP
Country
Dude, the big N won't be checking for a mod-chip as soon as you go online

The updates for the Wii are fine; And just like GonzoCorleone said, get the latest update and config disc from wiikey, burn them and install 1.3g. You'll be fine!

If you don't know where the 1.3g update is then it's time to do some homework; look around here for a start.

About the browser, Isn't opera a free channel anymore? If so just go the Wii shop channel, connect and "buy" the internet channel - there's your browser...

ukroy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
cheers!!just downloaded wii update and connected to will shop channell for the browser which iam playing right now
smile.gif

but as for updates just got wii back from modchipfitters with no cd or anything about updates thats why i was abit confused ? about what thay do ...thanks roy

IceFreak2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dude, the big N won't be checking for a mod-chip as soon as you go online

The updates for the Wii are fine; And just like GonzoCorleone said, get the latest update and config disc from wiikey, burn them and install 1.3g. You'll be fine!

If you don't know where the 1.3g update is then it's time to do some homework; look around here for a start.

About the browser, Isn't opera a free channel anymore? If so just go the Wii shop channel, connect and "buy" the internet channel - there's your browser...

No, it's not free anymore; it costs 500 points

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: @Xdqwerty how are you?