Hacking wiikey updates / cfg disc needed?

johnbeatle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, I got a wii the first night and I gave it to my buddy in Jan 07 to have a wiikey put in.
My friend loaded all of the initial updates and everything has been working great - I haven't made any updates until this month, so its been over 1 year since I updated my wiikey. I only recently updated to 1.9g, so I could play SmashBros. That worked for about a week and then my wii quit reading most discs. I used the recovery disc 1.9b which got everything working again and then just updated the wiikey using 1.9s. Now I see many people in here waiting for the new config disc before running the 1.9s update. Am I doing this in the wrong order? Can I still enable the update blocker and dev mode with the config disc? I imagine that I can, but now that the updates are getting so important I want to be sure I am doing this correctly. Thanks!

noisound

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i think there's some of this confusion because some wiikey users had to use the config disk to enable region override before updating to v1.9g. correct me if im wrong, im happy with v1.2 thanks to trucha

dweirdo

Trophies
XP
Country
you are NOT wrong, some of the wii just wouldnt read the update disc, therefore you needed to setup wiikey with region override and than the wii would read the update disc.
You will need the cfg disc ONLY after the update, Unless your wii doesnt recognize the update DVD.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."