Country
hah, so much for an audiofix
rofl2.gif

sanchoquo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Aside from an Audiofix Im not really interested in updating my chip.
I figure the Wiikey is just a drive chip and until a real solution is made available
im perfectly happy, however I still kick myself for not going open source.
nevermind hey.

sasuke_kun12

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ergh i regret getting a wiikey, but then again it was a b-dai pressy. I think the wiikey team needs to update their specifications they need to add this

- Support team are about to get a punch in the FACE from frustrated wiikey users

who here actually uses their wiikey for more then just back-ups? coz i use mine for GC homebrew, emulation and as a media centre

sanchoquo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I use it for the disc dumping facility, the dvd player facility(rarely) and of course backups of wii games
I dont own a single gc backup only originals so Ive no need to boot backup gc or region free for that part.

AMPonzi

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah but it's like... say you buy a TV with HDMI, you don't use HDMI but find out it doesn't work... all of a sudden now you wanna use the HDMI port. If a product lists something as a feature, you expect it to function. That's the point! Besides, I'd rather only need one console hooked up versus two.

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This is sort of steering the topic another direction, but somebody said somehing about open source. I want to try wii-boss out..has anyone had any experience with that?

sidneyyoung

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
This is sort of steering the topic another direction, but somebody said somehing about open source. I want to try wii-boss out..has anyone had any experience with that?

its basically a pic chip package with everything you need bundled together, including a dedicated support site with tuts, and file downloads

it's may be the best way to go, as wiikey ect only get cfg updates (or in wiikeys case, doesn't) where the programable chips the whole core code can be updated.

http://www.wii-boss.com/

you can get the package for $9.00 inc delivery from deal extreme (cheap as chips
wink.gif
)

i personally wished now i got this instead of the wiikey clone i have ordered, but i can always get one later and replace easily if i use a wire install

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

its basically a pic chip package with everything you need bundled together, including a dedicated support site with tuts, and file downloads

it's may be the best way to go, as wiikey ect only get cfg updates (or in wiikeys case, doesn't) where the programable chips the whole core code can be updated.

http://www.wii-boss.com/

you can get the package for $9.00 inc delivery from deal extreme (cheap as chips
wink.gif
)

i personally wished now i got this instead of the wiikey clone i have ordered, but i can always get one later and replace easily if i use a wire install

Yeah i went with the wiikey too during all the hype but i think if i ever change I'm going to go with the wii-boss too. All the different codes you can choose from is pretty awesome. and it looks like it explains everything pretty thoroughly so that even i could understand it without having any prior knowledge of pic programming

AMPonzi

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the notice sidneyyoung

For those too lazy to dig a little, xiaNaix announced in a thread on the forums that the final build is complete and should be released in the next few days. And spare me the whole "I'll believe it when I see it" crap because it's repetitive and contributes nothing to the topic. He said this today at 5:18PM GMT+2 and on the site it's now 12:27AM so that was 7 hours ago.

We'll see soon I'm sure.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)