Hacking Wiikey update = Lies?

ninjya

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok am I the only one pissed right now about the Wiikey team and their lies that gave us poor consumers false hope?

I should've just bought Cyclowiz or something like that. I got a NTSC-U wii and i got the Wiikey because it made my wii able to play NTSC-J wii games. But as shown so did the Cyclowiz that never promised any updates with their update just a few weeks after the Wiikey came out.

Now you'd think the Wiikey should be able to do the other things it promises without demise but noooo. All gamecube games doesnt work as the should and what about the gamecube games being regionfree when installing the chip :/ Lies!
frown.gif

Anybody seen/read anything that might indicate an actual update coming or should i just switch to a open software chip?

Thanks for your time through my rantings.

/ninjya

drz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
When I bought my WiiKey a few months back, I didn't think they would ever be able to issue an update (despite their claims). I didn't look much into the implementation of the chip, but from gut feeling the chip is only connected to the "check if disc is valid" signals, and isn't connected to the system's memory at all. And with no way to communicate with the chip, it'd be mighty hard to change it. Is there even any flash memory on the board?

/speculation

ninjya

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
When I bought my WiiKey a few months back, I didn't think they would ever be able to issue an update (despite their claims). I didn't look much into the implementation of the chip, but from gut feeling the chip is only connected to the "check if disc is valid" signals, and isn't connected to the system's memory at all. And with no way to communicate with the chip, it'd be mighty hard to change it. Is there even any flash memory on the board?

/speculation

Then their setupdisc would be totally bogus you mean? As you can switch read speed and region patching
ohmy.gif

Well atleast you didn't get dissapointed thinking like that. I myself got my hopes all up :/ heh

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Now I'm glad I decided to stick with my homemade Wiinja V2 which has the Audiofix, instead of buying the Wiikey.
I dont really care about the wiinja v2 not being region free, when it only takes seconds to patch the iso.

chewy!

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
im glad ive got the wiikey its good

I agree, so far so good. When Big N releases some games that don't work with the Wiikey then I'll have something to complain about. Until then I am 100% happy with the wiikey.

What about the audiofix and handful of gamecube games that don't work? It doesn't affect me and I couldn't care less. If the wiikey team ever releases an update (doubtful at this point) it still won't affect me. WHO CARES? Yeah, granted, it's not right to advertise a function on your chip that doesn't work, but that doesn't stop it from being a great chip.

So anyway OP, go buy a new chip if you want. It doesn't matter to me how you choose to waste your time/money.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It plays all the wii games for you region. It also plays some games from other regions. Until a wii game doesn't work, we can't really complain. Being able to play gamecube games is a bonus. Though I don't like being told lies when things are going to be released, just to sell more.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got lucky and started shopping for a mod just when it started looking grim that the wiikey update wasn't gonna happen. I'm reeeeally happy with the wiinja deluxe.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Too bad, they already drank it.
    He is now fishy.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sak is a fishy pineapple
    Have a good night everyone.
    i'm getting sleepy.
    So much drinking from @K3Nv2
    Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram plebs lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    they be like which lite firefox exe pls
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Wut.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    GM all
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    butt
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    douche
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Touché.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Push it :creep:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Talk about propaganda.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Illinois is working to ban toxic food additives that have been banned for decades in other countries; additives that can be replaced and all those countries still have Skittles and Mountain Dew. Title of the piece: GUBMINT WANTS TO TAKE AWAY YOUR CANDY
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Gee, I wonder if the author is biased?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Sounds and smells like bullshit. They don't give you cancer, and California should know that. I don't get why they stick labels that say "may or may not cause reproductive harm or cancer".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Arsenic doesn't give you cancer either.
    Veho @ Veho: Arsenic doesn't give you cancer either.