Hardware Wiikey or CycloWiz?

qusai

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
With all this talk about wiikey not posting updates and all, which modchip would be better? I already ordered myself a wiikey but I'm tempted to sell it and buy a CycloWiz if the wiikey team is slacking... any thoughts?

Monkey01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
When you compare every feature, CycloWiz is better.
What feautures are actually better for CycloWiz?

Afaik, WiiKey has problems with the audiofix or something, which causes some games not to work. And the quicksolder pattern doesn't fit right or something.
On the other hand, the WiiKey says it has failsafe update, whereas the CycloWiz just bricks when an update fails... That feauture is however useless if they don't release an update of course...

elomaniak

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
i recommend you a Cxyclowiz

when the update fails you will get back to the beginning of the update and the program will try it again so it got a security for a failed update.

all the wiikey owners make me laugh right now
first they laughed about the cyclowiz owners because they didnt get the update when it was promised but hey wiikey team isnt doing better
tongue.gif

Monkey01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
i recommend you a Cxyclowiz

when the update fails you will get back to the beginning of the update and the program will try it again so it got a security for a failed update.

all the wiikey owners make me laugh right now
first they laughed about the cyclowiz owners because they didnt get the update when it was promised but hey wiikey team isnt doing better
tongue.gif
The update thing is not entirely true, it has some checkpoints in which it checks for things that may go wrong and if they go wrong it goes back to the beginning. But if you cut the power half the way of the update, I'm pretty sure the thing will be bricked. I'm also pretty sure someone has managed to brick his cyclowiz here, but can't find the post again. (Search engine is damn slow)
But since I've only read about it from one person, I don't think it's a widespread problem or something...

And on the other hand, WiiKey has yet to prove that they do support real failsafe updates and such...

You're right about that update thing between CycloWiz and WiiKey though.
WiiKey seems to be too much focused on making the update not working for their clones, but by this they also let the people with a real WiiKey wait. And most people didn't even know their WiiKey was fake when they bought them, (partially their fault also, cause they put divineo.com on their official resellers list), while they were shipping fakes as well...

So at the moment the CycloWiz is somewhat better, but if WiiKey finally releases their update, they will be slightly better again probably... although they don't differ that much.

jaxxster

The Heretic
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
cyclowiz is better at the moment. From what i've heard is that teamcyclops will be releasing a more failsafe update in the future. Also the only people who brick thier cyclowiz when updating are those who havent soldered the switch properly. Also i dont know if this is true but from what i've heard is that when set to 6x read speed in wiikey settings that this could fk ur laser up as it is constantly forced to read at 6x speed where the cyclowiz lets the wii automatically dertime what speed to read at depending on how much data needs to be read. (i could be talking alot of crap here)

qusai

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got cheap, my wiikey arrived and i got some dude from craigslist to install it for me.
Didn't want to waste another 40.
I'm just hoping that the wiikey team will release a firmware update soon...

jaxxster

The Heretic
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Theres no hate for the wiikey here...people seem to hate the cyclowiz more. Both of there pros and cons...I guess it just comes down to personal taste but i feel at the moment the cyclowiz is slightly better.

lookout

GBAtemp Board Room
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Go for wiikey they got better *features (WiiKey Config Disc) + update coming soon - they reported: "Coming up next will be the first wiikey firmware update. Among some new features/improvements, it will fix the audiostreaming bug, that causes several gamecube games to crash right now. More details will be announced soon on the official website."

Cyclowiz - update - notting - no words from them yet......

and just wondering what happen to wiinja?

-----------------------------
*need a GC SD adapter

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn