Hardware Wiikey 1 update v1.99 BETA

wiiner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cyan said:
Do you have some gamecube games with audio streaming ? (Starfox for example)
I will not update until I'm sure all is working fine, and anyway I still use usb loader, it's faster and easier.

I would have prefer if the update corrected the 002B error, there are a lot of recent games which can't be run on Wiikey1.

Hi mate, updated and tested out Ikaruga (if memory serves me this was an audio streaming problem game) and it all works perfectly! NSMB works like a dream too so looks like everything is good - all with not even the faintest whiff of a softmod
smile.gif

Out of interest, what are the 'lots of' recent games that cannot be run on Wiikey1?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
wiiner said:
Out of interest, what are the 'lots of' recent games that cannot be run on Wiikey1?
Thanks for the info about streaming audio.

About what I said with 002 error, you never encouter it ?
I used to patch my games to use another IOS, that could be why I had the error and not you.

jurai

Trophies
XP
Country
I hope this really does fix streaming audio, since the bug broke streaming audio even on retail gc games. Maybe Eternal Darkness will finally work properly without booting through gcos

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
Nice, I thought it was strange that my backups ran slower than my originals.

I thought that the WiiKey Team had forgotten about the WiiKey 1- obviously not...I got mine way back in 2008 on a Wii-Clip, heh...

YumYumSauce

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know, I used to know how to pad these images and GCOS 'em up something fierce. It's been so long now though that I have no idea how to go about it and Google isn't really helping me out one bit. Anyone care to shed some light on this situation?

Gamer

DS Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.pikaflash.com
XP
Country
Mexico
jurai said:
I hope this really does fix streaming audio, since the bug broke streaming audio even on retail gc games. Maybe Eternal Darkness will finally work properly without booting through gcos

Yeah, hope anyone can test this. I know someone already tested Ikaruga, but would be cool to try this game, and then we can safely say that the audio stream games are fixed (and then I will update right away, I'm still on 1.9g lol)

Thanks!

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Half of all games have audio streaming, but work fine on some stuff where audio streaming is not working. If you want to test if audio streaming is working the way it should, just boot Eternal Darkness and if you hear the voice in the startup screen, then audio streaming works.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I just updated mines.
The last time I performed an update was for SMG I think, it was the 1.9g if I'm not wrong.
I don't play often GC discs as of late, but I did try Eternal Darkness before this latest update ( the original disk ) and I could hear the audio streaming during the startup screen.
Then I performed the update, and I tried it again, and it was still OK.
Is this audio streaming supposed to be broken on burned DVDs or does it happen on the originals as well ?
Anyway, everything seem to be fine right now.
I don't use the Wiikey that much, but the occasional game wouldn't run on USBs so in the mean time untill a losution is available I just burn the DVD and play it with the Wiikey.
Case in question, Prince of persia forgotten sands.
If this update improves things generally ( besides Mario Bros ) then is most certainly welcome.

Gamer

DS Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.pikaflash.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Arm73 said:
I just updated mines.
The last time I performed an update was for SMG I think, it was the 1.9g if I'm not wrong.
I don't play often GC discs as of late, but I did try Eternal Darkness before this latest update ( the original disk ) and I could hear the audio streaming during the startup screen.
Then I performed the update, and I tried it again, and it was still OK.
Is this audio streaming supposed to be broken on burned DVDs or does it happen on the originals as well ?
Anyway, everything seem to be fine right now.
I don't use the Wiikey that much, but the occasional game wouldn't run on USBs so in the mean time untill a losution is available I just burn the DVD and play it with the Wiikey.
Case in question, Prince of persia forgotten sands.
If this update improves things generally ( besides Mario Bros ) then is most certainly welcome.

Thanks for the test!

Yep, the audio streaming problem affected both original and burned DVD. Worked fine in 1.9b/g but got broken again with 1.9s (the smash bros fix). Glad it works like 1.9g again with this FW.

Gonna update later, because I'm out of disks right now.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
actually, afaik, audio streaming had problem appeared again with 1.9s but only when one of the other options was set to on (region override maybe? I cant remember the options)

Setting that option to off made audio streaming game work fine..

Obviously I cant back my claim up with evidence as this was looong time ago I cant remember whats what..

I just thought I would mention it

Dent

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I assume now to set the Wiikey options such as block update, dev mode, region override, etc. that you are supposed to use the 1.9s config disc as there is no 1.99 config disc.

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dent said:
I assume now to set the Wiikey options such as block update, dev mode, region override, etc. that you are supposed to use the 1.9s config disc as there is no 1.99 config disc.
I was thinking this as well. The update seemed to install fine for me, even though I hit the reset button after the install said it was successful and i saw red horizontal lines all the screen on the screen.

Since I really don't use discs anymore, how is everyone going about testing their drive speed or the new firmware fixes?

jurai

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
Half of all games have audio streaming, but work fine on some stuff where audio streaming is not working. If you want to test if audio streaming is working the way it should, just boot Eternal Darkness and if you hear the voice in the startup screen, then audio streaming works.

from what I recall eternal darkness won't even boot without audio-fix, I seem to recall it crashing at the initial screen

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just used the old 1.9s config disc and it seems to work fine. I needed to do this because my DVD9 multi game discs created with Multi-Game ISO Creator 3.5.4F+ were not working, so I disabled the Wiikey's REGION OVERRIDE option.

Not sure if this has anything to do with certain system hacks I have enabled with Preloader, but now they work.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They really wanna get the head