Homebrew Wiiflow & WiiUPro support query

snoofly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi fellow tempers!

Been having this little issue that's bugging me lately.

Here's what I'm trying to do but it doesn't seem to work.

Run Wiiflow (I use Fix94's HBL2HBC launcher) from WiiU sys menu.
Now, in Wiiflow the WiiUPC (pro controller) is working fine.
Press B to change source to for ex. FBZX Wii (Spectrum emu)
Scroll thru games - controller still working fine.
When I load a game through, the emulator autloads the game fine but the controller connection is dropped.

The thing is, FBZX Wii works fine with the WiiUPC if I use it directly as opposed to running it via WiiFlow plugin BUT if you quit standalone FBZX Wii you're thrown back to Wii system menu whereby the controller is dead of course. WiiFlow "would" be perfect as I return to the source menu and can carry on with other games etc.

Basically, my question is, is it possible to run WiiUPC compatible homebrews thru WiiFlow without the gamepad connection being lost?

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
go to wiiflow/plugins and copy & paste fbzx-wii.ini here.

i want to see if you are using the fbzx in the apps folder or abz's plugin dol.

i just found out that oibaf added wiiu pro support to fbzx wii in jan 2017. my guess is your plugin fbzx-wii.ini is still using the old dol from abz's pack which doesn't have wiiu pro support

you wiil need to change the line dolfile= to dolfile=sd:/apps/{fbzx folder}/boot.dol or if on usb dolfile=usb1:/apps/{fbzx folder}/boot.dol

Reactions: WesMods

snoofly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
go to wiiflow/plugins and copy & paste fbzx-wii.ini here.

i want to see if you are using the fbzx in the apps folder or abz's plugin dol.

i just found out that oibaf added wiiu pro support to fbzx wii in jan 2017. my guess is your plugin fbzx-wii.ini is still using the old dol from abz's pack which doesn't have wiiu pro support

you wiil need to change the line dolfile= to dolfile=sd:/apps/{fbzx folder}/boot.dol or if on usb dolfile=usb1:/apps/{fbzx folder}/boot.dol
Many thanks dude for the reply. Really appreciate it. Of course, your suggestion was right on the money and all is working fine now. I owe you a pint :)

Reactions: fledge68

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, atleast there was some neat filler there