Hacking WiiFlow Speed/Loading...

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering if it is normal for WiiFlow to take a bit loading. It also takes about a min to load a WiiWare/VC game with cheats through it as well, not including initial boot time of WiiFlow. Is there a way to make loading faster? Would it make a difference to load it from a USB HD instead of my SDHC card? Thoughts appreciated :)

Also for my USB HD, do I need a y-cable/splitter? It is a WD My Passport

yafaiz

Old Salt
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
WiiFlow takes about 1min here to start up, then about 30sec to start a game. I am using an SD card though.

kineticUk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I know that it takes quite a while to load if using sd without any USB drive plugged into the Wii.
I have not cheated before on Wii but something is definately wrong if its taking that long with a USB drive plugged in.
Is it any better if cheats are disabled?

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am running WiiFlow off my SDHC and my other homebrew stuff also. I use Gecko OS for Wii game cheats, and am unable to get Gecko to load channel cheats for WiiWare/VC games (Gecko does not have "Load Channel" option). That is why I am using WiiFlow for my WiiWare/VC game cheats and Gecko for standard Wii game cheats.

otter82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do any of you know why wiiflow loads almost instantly from an SD card when an external usb drive is connected?

I don't always have my external drive connected, actually most of the time it isn't. I've been tinkering with wiiflow plugins and when constantly loading back to wiiflow between testing games that work, I find myself spending more time waiting for wiiflow to load up again. not a big deal to leave the usb drive connected, but would like to know if there is a setting in the wiiflow ini file that could fix this. Thanks!

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Maybe because its checking, whether the hdd is connected or not and when its connected, its faster, cause it finds it instantly and when its not connected, it searches a few sec before it realizes, its not connected ^^
maybe you got the hdd set up as standart game dir or something like that?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: idk, i don't have one