Hacking WiiFlow problems

gnarlynick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I am currently having issues playing games from my HDD on my Wii using Wiiflow 4.2.1. I have one of the newer black Wii's that don't support Gamecube discs nor have Gamecube controller ports (Model RVL-101). I have used the latest hackmii installer (http://please.hackmii.com/) to install the Homebrew channel and BootMii as an ios.

The issue I have is I had an external HDD that was formatted to wbfs and it would play games from WiiFlow but the games would crash because the drive spun down after a certain amount of time. I bought a new Western Digital drive that doesn't have this issue, but when I formatted it to wbfs and put games on it, the games would show up on WiiFlow but loading them would crash the Wii or load from the disc if a game was inserted. The old HDD now has this same issue. I have tried reinstalling HomeBrew channel and all the ios'es but nothing seems to be fixing it. I would appreciate any suggestions from this community. Thanks in advance!

GamerSince83

West Coast Pimpin'
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First thing u might need to check is if your HDs have "Sleep Mode" turned off a lot of HDs sleep after a bit of inactive time......U can do this on your PC

Also WBFS is not really recommended as It tends to corrupt data a lot......u should use a App called wbfs2fat it will convert ur HHD to Fat32 on the fly ao u won't lose any of your stuff :)

gnarlynick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That feature is disabled on my Western Digital HDD. I have this model which is supported on the compatibility list. I will try to format it to Fat32 but I don't believe that is the issue as WiiFlow used to launch my games from a wbfs HDD in the past. It's very curious that it now no longer launches any game from the old working HDD or the new HDD. Do stubbed ios's have any effect on this?

GamerSince83

West Coast Pimpin'
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe an outdated Wiiflow revision???

U should DL Abz's Masterpiece Pack for the latest version and do a clean instal......meaning delete everthing in the apps\wiiflow folder including .ini configuration file

When u reload Wiiflow it should Load normally......

gnarlynick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, so I have gone as far as formatting the Wii system memory to factory settings and starting over completely from scratch. These are the steps I ran through to enable my Wii to play game backups from a HDD in the past (when it worked fine) and just now:
-I downloaded a fresh copy of the letterbomb hack. I installed HBC v1.1.2 and BootMii as an ios since I have the newer model Wii (RVL-101).
-I then installed ios236 via the IOS236 Installer/Uninstall app and then a custom base ios56 v5661 on ios249 slot and a custom base ios38 v4123 on ios250 slot via the cIOSX rev20b Installer app. These are all followed from this Youtube video.
-I installed Priiloader v0.7 and disabled online updates from Priiloader and rebooted the Wii.
-Once the Wii is back up, I launched the fresh installed Wiiflow v4.2.1 Beta r1056 (supplied from ABZ's Masterpiece pack) and selected USB1 as the source for my games.

My old HDD, that has the spin down issue (Formatted to WBFS), is plugged into the top USB port (USB1). All of my games appear on WiiFlow and I can scroll through and press A on them and they all show the cinematic preview for the start screen of the actual game playing video and audio. Everything appears fine but when I select launch for any of the games it starts a loading screen and then 1 of 2 things happens:
A) If a disc is in the disc slot it then launches the game from the disc, not the game I selected from WiiFlow.
B) If a disc is not in the slot, the Wii crashes and I need to hold the power button down for a few seconds to power it off in order to power it back on.

When I select to install a game from disc to the HDD, I receive a DSI exception requiring the Wii to be hard reset. This also used to work in the past.

I am at a loss as to what is wrong here since I had this exact same setup before and it worked fine (aside from the HDD crashing games due to the spin down issue). Nothing was changed when I put the new HDD into the system (a HDD without a spin down issue to alleviate the crashing issue) and since then I cannot play any game on either the new or old HDD's. Am I missing something here? Is a certain custom ios base and slot combination supposed to be installed that otherwise has become corrupt at some point in my setup? Thanks for any help in advance, this thing is driving me nuts.

pBullet

SHSL Idol
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiFlow supports NTFS fairly well, and it's a much preferred format than WBFS. Try formatting to NTFS with a folder called "wbfs" with your wbfs files in it.

gnarlynick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the quick suggestions. I'm unable to try these tonight but I will give it a shot tomorrow and try and report back the results.

Doux91

Trophies
XP
Country
Honduras
you have the cIOS in wad folder? my disk doesnt work in the first usb port before it works but now it doesnt, and even the disk just works in 1 port in my pc and the worst is i thought it was bad because it just work with the disk :( and when i use NTFS in wiiflow i got the bug of black screen because wiiflows doesnt find the games and sorry my english is so bad :) and i cant say every thing i want

gnarlynick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you found a solution? I have the HDD plugged in USB1 all the time, should it be unplugged during the installation process?

gnarlynick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I may have found a solution. I tried formatting my WD HDD to Fat32 and making a folder on the root called "wbfs" and placing one wbfs formatted game into that directory. I would reload the cache on WiiFlow and the game would show up and I would get the same issue when I would launch it. I then tried the same thing but with the HDD formatted to NTFS but got the same problem. I then formatted it to wbfs and got the same issue once again trying to load one game ISO. I swapped the USB from the top port to the bottom USB port and tried the whole cycle over again, Fat32 and NTFS had the same issue and sometimes I got dsi errors or just a black screen of nothingness. However, when the HDD was in wbfs format, it loads the game and can be played.

So it seems the top USB port, for whatever reason, stopped allowing me to play games from the HDD and I now have migrated to the bottom port. Just leery about when the bottom port decides to stop allowing it as well. Is there some special process that needs to be performed to support Fat32/NTFS HDDs because my setup does not seem to support that at all. Thanks to (the now banned) GamerSince83 for the port switch suggestion that apparently was too simple an idea to entertain in my head. Now I wish I'd tried that first before formatting my Wii.

I seem to be out of the water thus far but will return to this community should more problems arise due to the helpful nature of its users. Thanks for all who lent a suggestion to alleviate this maddening issue for me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask...