Hacking WiiFlow-Mod and Emunand

DarkKalEl

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Hi! I followed up this tutorial step by step, but i have some trouble with making it work. The first time I created the UNEEK+DI NAND with Modmii, saved it in an USB HHD, and installed the Neek2o channel that's in the pack in Wiiflowiki. After this, when I launch the Neek2o channel, it froze in a black screen after showing a green one.
Then, I pasted my shared2 folder, and once I started Neek2o, my Wii froze after the splash screen you get once you power on the Wii. I have both games and wbfs folders with games installed on them in my principal partition (this is a FAT32 partition, with 32kb cluster size and it's the principal one), I copied the cert.sys file, but still can't get it to work. What can I do?
Thanks! =D

(pd: the sneek folder is replaced with the one from Wiiflowiki, with all its contents)
Pd2: Fixed it, i never found the .ini file in the apps folder. Once modified worked perfectly even without the use of Neek2o.

Reactions: AbdallahTerro

wiimanofthenorth

Trophies
XP
Country
Is it possible to change the order of things? When wiiflow starts you're of course in the wii games screen. Then at the bottom right you can click to go to gc games, then again to go to the nand games. I'd like to set it so that nand games come up before gc games, since I play them more often. Is the some ini file I can change things around in? I've looked, but haven't seen anything that screams out to me that I can do that.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Is it possible to change the order of things? When wiiflow starts you're of course in the wii games screen. Then at the bottom right you can click to go to gc games, then again to go to the nand games. I'd like to set it so that nand games come up before gc games, since I play them more often. Is the some ini file I can change things around in? I've looked, but haven't seen anything that screams out to me that I can do that.
Add "dpad_mode=yes" to wiiflow.ini general section and enjoy using d-pad for mode (the pointer should be on top of the mode button)
UP=Wii
Down=GC
Rt=Plugins
Lt=Nand
Hb=Same direction of the mode you're in

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
What you're after needs a modification of the source,
The easiest way is to have this line in general section: "startup_menu=yes"
and select whatever mode on startup - that's the most wifefriendly I can think of :)

Edit: also install WF priiloader dol in priiloader and make priiloader start and return to installed file ;)

wiimanofthenorth

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh well, if it isn't an easy option, she'll just have to click twice, it's no biggy really.

As for the priiloader, I've already got it set it like that last night, after everything seemed to be working ok. Thanks for the thought though.

I'm just trying to sort things out now, so that the emulators and games are set up correctly, with covers etc.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Oh well, if it isn't an easy option, she'll just have to click twice, it's no biggy really.

As for the priiloader, I've already got it set it like that last night, after everything seemed to be working ok. Thanks for the thought though.

I'm just trying to sort things out now, so that the emulators and games are set up correctly, with covers etc.
You could always extract the DOL from the hidden channel (which always starts WiiFlow up in the last plugin coverflow) and inject it into the normal forwarder channel. That would at least make it ALWAYS the plugin (retro emulator) section at startup. (know it's not quite what you're looking for either but it's at least some more variety)

JSchloegel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I seem to be having a similar problem to DarkKalEl, but a solution hasn't presented itself to me. I built the NAND using ModMii following the directions in the OP (although I did say no to install WiiFlow), then used ShowMiiWads to install the channels I was supposed to. I also installed the suggested cIOSes, copied over the cert.sys and shared2 folder to their correct places. Copied the USB and SD folders to the roots of their respective devices (so nands and sneek are in the root directory), then copied in the updated sneek files from the pack. When launching the uneek channel from my system menu, I get a flash of loading screen, then black screen followed by a flashing drive light. When trying to exit from wiiflow into neek2o I get the same (which makes sense, since the setting files and what not aren't there for neek). Also having trouble getting my wiiflow to recognize where I put the nand for save games, even though I updated the wiiflow ini to the proper location. If I missed a step I'm not sure where it is. Any further info I can provide to help diagnose my problem? Thanks.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Flashes means there's "something" missing or wrong during boot check.
When I get this I try another neek rev, reinstall the system menu wad using showmiiwads or make a new nand (or replace it from a backup) - in this order.
however you always need to do a scandisc to check you SD and USB for errors before doing anything else.

Good luck :)
Abz

marduk666

THE INFINITE NOOB
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I finally tried to get this neek2o working, with hair pulling results.

So here's some questions.
1) do i have to rename the bootmiinand folder to bootmii (my goal is to just boot straight to wiiflow, not emunand)
1.5) I have bootmii as boot 2 and ios is that a problem. I only updated the ios install

2) When I do the Modmii sneek prep option It was making SD and USB folders with r88 (the only one available) Then I would replace the USB sneek contents with that of the master pack. I suppose that gave me a rev95 usb and a r88 SD. does that cause problems? (I'm Sure it does)
EDIT: Modmii now has no available neek r88 or otherwise
2.5) So i replaced the kernel and font.bin on the SD (r88) with the USB ones (r95) from the USB pack. (I'm sure this is wrong too.)

3) when I DL the official neek2o pack to try to get the correct r95 for SD, I don't know what I'm looking at. Nothing is named the same. Do I have to do some renaming? The file sizes are way bigger in the neek2o pack than anything in the "ABZ Master Pack"

4) But wait--it gets screwier :P
If I try to launch my clean built Modmii Neek2o nand (4.1 to match my wii with the correct serial number
a)with neek2o channel= blackscreen 20+ min wait nothing
b) with official uneek channel=blackscreen +flashing blue light. no pattern just blink blink blink ...........forever
c) start up my wii with SD inserted and the bootmiinand folder renamed to bootmii I wait a long time for nothing no flashing just a forever black screen. (NOTE: on a) and b) I have to remove the SD card to get to system menu, because it tries to boot the emunand and never gets anywhere. but I reinsert it before trying to start the channels.)
d) So i get creative and take my wiiflow emunand rename it to pl_us and !!something happens!! i get a screen that says System files corrupted, or something of that sort, the message its self was corrupted to.
e) I get crazy I take my wiiflow emunand and copy and paste my pl_us over it. rename that to pl_us and then Whammy! Green Wii screen WHAT! Set the time and date BOSS! 16:9 YOU KNOW IT! Allright now were getting somewhere!
f)uck! So i think it's gonna work. Click on Mii Channel........Blackscreen....Shut off wii.....turn on wii wait....blackscreen......but?????Audio??? it playing the Mii channel music? WTF but blackscreen???.....turn off wii turn on wii...blackscreen.
g) erase my nands and sneek folders and do the combo nand solution from e) It comes up..faster this time now anything i click on it says system files corrupted and locks up. I read to copy cert.sys and paste it but when i do that it wont start at all. and after removing the cert.sys and trying again. blackscreen.

What am I missing?

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
you gave me the idea of making a working emunand and sending it via PM to ppl like you :) lol

in the meantime delete the "nandcfg.bin" and "diconfig.bin" files in usb:\sneek folder, remove the SD card and launch the neek2o channel.
(I'm assuming you have a Fat32 32k cluster formatted USB partition, cause if not more hair pulling awaits you)

good luck :)

marduk666

THE INFINITE NOOB
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You Seem to be full of good ideas
you gave me the idea of making a working emunand and sending it via PM to ppl like you :) lol

in the meantime delete the "nandcfg.bin" and "diconfig.bin" files in usb:\sneek folder, remove the SD card and launch the neek2o channel.
(I'm assuming you have a Fat32 32k cluster formatted USB partition, cause if not more hair pulling awaits you)

good luck :)
I will take your advice and try that with a clean mod mii nand.
Thanks

marduk666

THE INFINITE NOOB
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well it's been on a blackscreen for 20 minutes now, i'll give it a bit more but i think something should have happened by now.

By the way... I've been at this for weeks. Reinstalled bootmii ios and HBC. the DM Clean BC and ios/cios from your pack. I converted my wbfs partition to fat. Dumped my entire HDD to my PC and then deleted everything and reformatted. Reinstalled bootmii ios and updated HBC350gb Fat 32 active primary:and 1 150ish ntfs. fresh install of everything wiiflow. and reorganization of all my emulators and covers. everything!

My Nemessis or perhaps Salamander is this damned emunand. and for some damned reason wiiflow won't recognize the nand either...... I know it's in the wiiflow.ini [NAND]path=nands/pl_us. UUUUUUUGGGGGHHHH you could say it is draining my lifeforce.

marduk666

THE INFINITE NOOB
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiFerakso said
ModMii can build rev95
just need to update it first

I'm using Modmii 6.2.4 says it's up to date. When I get to the "Select the version of neek2o you would like to build" the only options are:
< was unexpected at this time
and you can't go on
A couple of days ago it said
1 r88 (or something close to that but for the last couple days even that is gone)
just tried it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    Taking more time to load the page than to fire up the paper towel is an issue
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's worse is the dinosaur game popping up when the lotion comes out
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    You use paper towels too? :rofl2:
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    Better keep the safe place 'safe'
    Bounty. The quicker picker upper? lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Aloe vera now with rgb
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    On a serious note, have you tested your ISP DNS answer time ?
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    Last time i've checked, my ISP was like 5/6 ms slower than Cloudflare x)
    yeah. I've tried changing dns too.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Check cpuid make sure ram sockets are detected
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    (and i'm fibered, 5gb shared downloads, 1gb upload)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or even in bios
    its mostly when starting firefox that it's noticible slower. Opening and loading the homepage. Tried fresh installs and all.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Knowing your system specs would help
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    if you're in win 11, have you checked which graphical processor Firefox was using ?
    after it's open, its a bit slower too at loading pages, but not as noticeable as the initial startup and homepage loading
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    can make a little difference
    You mean as in hardware acceleration on or off?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Went to make cup noodles, spilled boiling water on me then the kettle decided to pop
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know why I saw a kettle with wifi
    Will try that now
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    ouch @K3Nv2 hope nothing's too bad !
    xda a good site. My go to site for phone shit. :)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Females have burnt me worse
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Females have burnt me worse