Hacking WiiFlow-Mod and Emunand

DamnStorm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I load up wii games for the first time on wiiflow, I cant save them because the game says "the file cannot be used because the data is corrupted." Does anyone know how to fix this. I put the savepath line in the wiiflow.ini and this still happens.

Last edited by DamnStorm,

vEN2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Strange thing. When i load wiiflow from real nand and sets on VC/WW game Neek2o mode "ON", game works. But, after exiting back to Wiiflow in Neek2o mode, i can't run any WW/VC game, even the same, which i choosed before - resetting back to list (setting neek2o mode in game does not change anything).

what is wrong?

in neek2o mode system menu, all games works fine
fresh emunand i used from masterpack, everything else i made by this manual (installing games, copying folders...)

Last edited by vEN2,

modbrain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
Strange thing. When i load wiiflow from real nand and sets on VC/WW game Neek2o mode "ON", game works. But, after exiting back to Wiiflow in Neek2o mode, i can't run any WW/VC game, even the same, which i choosed before - resetting back to list (setting neek2o mode in game does not change anything).

what is wrong?

in neek2o mode system menu, all games works fine
fresh emunand i used from masterpack, everything else i made by this manual (installing games, copying folders...)

From what i remember, when you exit a WW/VC game in Neek2o mode - you have to switch back to real NAND, then go into Wiiflow again. No way around it.

vEN2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Is there any way to automaticly return to system menu (real nand) after playing WiiWare game in neek2o mode? Like in USBLoaderGX. Neek2o is great for WiiWare games, but for other things is useless.

modbrain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
There are just a few games that need the neek2o - an other option you have is, you could install those few wads on your system menu (real nand). So when you return from there you are back to system menu.

Just be aware there are some WiiWare wads that don't work 100% - ether they freeze or you just can't access them. I remeber a couple games, a game with Gladiator... and an other one with ...Bonsai in the title. They didn't work nowhere! Not in neek2o and not on real nand's system menu. And "Evasive Space" (WW) worked fine until you tried to exit the game, then it allways froze...

vEN2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
I miss something, but i can't run anything from emunand. Tried all 3 loaders, and result is same - reset (return to loader)
But neek2o works fine. Just i don't like that thing - staying in neek2o mode in wiiflow, after playing wiiware game

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way to automaticly return to system menu (real nand) after playing WiiWare game in neek2o mode? Like in USBLoaderGX. Neek2o is great for WiiWare games, but for other things is useless.

You can install the Neek2o channel to your emulated NAND and set NEEK games to return to it. It will reboot the console. That's about it.

Reactions: vEN2

vEN2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
You can install the Neek2o channel to your emulated NAND and set NEEK games to return to it. It will reboot the console. That's about it.
Nice. I set [return to Back 2 Nand] channel and works fine. But, how i understood, there is no way, to set [return to] for emu nand and for everything others seperately (for everything other i use wiiflow channel)

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice. I set [return to Back 2 Nand] channel and works fine. But, how i understood, there is no way, to set [return to] for emu nand and for everything others seperately (for everything other i use wiiflow channel)

It depends on the loader. I'm not sure about CFG or WiiFlow but you can set each title individually to return to any channel title with USB Loader GX.

vEN2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
It depends on the loader. I'm not sure about CFG or WiiFlow but you can set each title individually to return to any channel title with USB Loader GX.
i talked about WiiFlow.

USBLoader GX let me to return automaticly to system nand, after lauching WiiWare game in neek2o. So, right now i use USBLoader GX for neek2o emunand games :-)

Ironbass

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello everybody !

MAJOR THANKS TO YOU AbdallahTerro for this awesome tutorial and the premade emunand !!

I was wondering if you could help me out... I followed your guidelines but Castlevania Rebirth still goes to a black screen and doesn't boot... I tried to use the Wiiflow boot feature ''Launch with Neek2o'' but to no avail...

Is there anybody here that would be kind enough to help me out with this ? I'm really stuck on this one. Would it help if I provided some kind of system readout such as the Wiiflow.ini or something ?

What am I doing wrong ? I have tried a few other games and they all boot great with the cIOS 248...

Much appreciation in advance for any help...

Ironbass

Last edited by Ironbass,

modbrain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
Hey Ironbass

I'm probably not a good help anymore since it's been long ago that i was messing with Wiiflow. But well, the least i can do, is to try ;)

- Do other games which require the activated "Launch with Neek2o" work?

- Have you tried to also change various "video modes" (I think it was), like "NTSC/PAL50/PAL60 etc" something like that.
(Choose a game, then choose settings icon (the same place you activated "Launche with Neek2o")

The last option would be to just install those couple games that require the "neek2o" to launch - in the normal Start Screen Menu (the screen when you start up your Wii).

Ironbass

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey Ironbass

I'm probably not a good help anymore since it's been long ago that i was messing with Wiiflow. But well, the least i can do, is to try ;)

- Do other games which require the activated "Launch with Neek2o" work?

- Have you tried to also change various "video modes" (I think it was), like "NTSC/PAL50/PAL60 etc" something like that.
(Choose a game, then choose settings icon (the same place you activated "Launche with Neek2o")

The last option would be to just install those couple games that require the "neek2o" to launch - in the normal Start Screen Menu (the screen when you start up your Wii).

Thanks a lot Modbrain, I will check into that and report my observations !

Thanks again !!!!

Ironbass

Antonio2311

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
EmuNand and Neek2o Made Easy
A Super Noob Friendly Guide

The Following info is for the real Wii and NOT for WiiU/vWii
The Emunands made this way can also be used by other USB loaders such as USBL-GX, CFG and Postloader
Hello,
After doing lots of testing I thought I should share this info:

Why do I need Neek?
Nand mode in Wiiflow allows users to launch their favorite Wiiware/VC games installed on their Real Nand or on an EmuNand (on SD or USB)
Since the Wii has such a tiny internal memory 512MB, install WW on the real nand and you'll be faced by lack of nand space very soon, copying or moving WW/VC channels to SD is always an option but again free space issues will arise when using SDs with small capacities like 2GB or less. So you wish you can move them to USB HDD but that's not a straight forward option.
That's where Neek comes into the picture (thanks to Crediar) and offers the following features:
1. Store your games on SD or USB
2. Store as many as you wish as long as you have free space
3. Play out of region games
4. Use cheats
5. Play games on different Wii
6. Test themes and custom channels
7. Play GC and Triiforce games in addition to Wii games and WW/VC
etc... etc...

What's Neek2o?
Neek2o is a mod of Neek by obcd and overjoy that added many features and allowed customization and ability to use neek off USB device with no SD inserted.

Can I use Neek2o in Wiiflow?
Wiiflow-mod by Fix94 & co uses Neek2o to launch WW/VC in addition to old triforce cIOS bases technique this requires a recent rev of Wiiflow (v4.0 is coming soon) and neek2o rev90+ (latest is 93)

Is Neek2o mode really needed? I can use the regular mode just fine!
in 90+% of the time you'll be fine but some games really need this to work (castlevania rebirth, rubik's rush, swords and soldires, target toss pro bags, Zelda majora's mask....)

So, how can I setup neek2o?
1. build a uneek+di nand using ModMii use rev95
A. Open Modmii and type "S" for Sneek installation
B. Type "3" for All of the above
C. Select 95 i.e. type "1"
D. Uneek+DI i.e. type "UD"
E. Default Settings i.e. type "D"
F. Again Default Settings i.e. type "D" a second time
G. Select your region type U, E, J, or K
H. type 4.3
I. Postloader channel - type "Y" (this is optional)
J. cIOS 249 type "N" - Not needed
K. NMM - No type "N"
L. Priiloader - No not needed - type "N"
M. For serial number you can either type "D" for default or type the one fond on your Wii console
N. Theme is optional- you can type "N" for default boring theme
O. Ninty's Channels are also optional - You can type "N"
P. You have reached the final screen - now if you want to installs WAD files like forwarder channels, Wiiware or VC games copy the wads to \ModMii\Temp\WAD folder before making the nand. I recommend installing Wiiflow v14b forwarder, Wiiflow Loader Hidden Channel v2 and any WiiWare/VC games you want to play
nqpw03.jpg

Q. Finally type"Y" for Yes do it now!

Tip: If you made the emunand without installing the wads you can add the wads later to the emu nand using ModMii or ShowMiiwads.

To do so open showmiiwads
and select the nand backup path under options:
mok1D.jpg

then open the folder containing your WADS i.e. forwarders and WW games
Right click the ones you wanna copy to the emunand and select "extract to nand"
XMypd.jpg

You can select nand view to check the installed channels in case you want to delete games (via right click also)
764P4.jpg

2. Copy the content of "Copy_to_SD" and "Copy_to_USB" folders to your SD and USB accordingly (You need to format the USB device to FAT32 32k cluster size first)
"nands" folder and "sneek" folder that need to be placed on USB device root
Install official neek2o channel to your real Wii using a wad manager, to test the Emunand from system menu neek2o channel directly: get it from here http://code.google.c.../downloads/list

Tip: To update to latest Neek2o, here's my Legal WiiFlow Masterpiece Mini Pack for you, contains WiiFlow r844mod, uNeek2o 95b4, some extras and forwarder channels:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?d8awqotivpws6qm
*apps folder goes into root of SD or USB
*Sneek folder into USB root (I included some extras and custom titles file too)
*Wads are meant to be installed to both real and emunand: I included my Clouds channels and neek2o channel (real nand) and back to real nand (emunand) and wiiflowloader hidden channel (install on both real and Emunand)

4. First time you'll need to setup your nand and sync the wiimotes
Tip: if you get your wiimotes not synched in Emunand then open Neek2o Channel sync your wiimotes or just copy Sysconf from real nand "shared2\sys" folder to "\nands\pl_xx\shared2\sys\"
Tip: try to use same region & SM revision as your real nand and copy \shared2\ folder to the nands\pl_xx\ folder to skip step 4 (this also gets Network connection working on Emunand too)
folder using WiiXplorer rev235+ or extract sysconf file using third party apps such as Postloader4
Tip: It is recommended to copy "cert.sys" file from your extracted nand dump "sys" folder to neek2o nand "\nands\pl_xx\sys" folder. Because when this file is absent you can get an error messages telling you that "System Files are Corrupted" or something like that when trying to launch a game using WiiFlow

The following screenies will show you how to copy your cert.sys file and "shared2" folder to the emunand (This will skip the first boot setup and wiimote sync issues)
Grab Wiixplorer rev 241 from here: http://www.mediafire.com/?03lbcg9gosobsmd
extract this rar file to SD or USB root
Open the Homebrew Channel and load Wiixplorer
HAynA.jpg

Go to Nand
nAOOL.jpg

Go to "Sys" folder and press "+" on cert.sys file, then select "copy"
Essi9.jpg

Goto USB1 (or whatever partition you are using as Fat32) and go to you nands\plxxx\sys folder
click "+" then select "paste"
61CQJ.jpg

Now repeat the same steps for your "Shared2" folder, i.e. copy folder from nand to usb\nands\plxxx folder
1TPiK.jpg

gucQQ.jpg

5. If the Neek2o- Emunand works fine you're ready to add more games using showmiiwads if you like
Congrats you have a working neek2o nand with all your games

Tip: When everything works fine, backup \sneek\nandcfg.bin and \nands\pl_xx\title\00000001\00000002\data\settings.txt. You might need them to repair trouble later
Tip: you can also use a PC to set these 2 files to "read only" using file property or attrib command, this might prevent corruption
Tip: you can create as many nands as you want but one is really enough
Tip: I also recommend backing up both "Nands" and "sneek" folders to PC, this will be very useful when problems happen.

Then what? I want to use Wiiflow-mod to play my games.
Tip:
open wiiflow.ini and edit the path to your emunand as follows
You'll find this under [Nand]
path=/nands/pl_xx
(replace xx by the letters you have)
Open Wiiflow-mod or Wiiflow 4 and go to nand/channels mode, select emunand from source menu or press "B" on the mode button (once or twice)
Ut4Am.jpg

Your games should appears and now you can download the covers and preview the banners
eum0w.jpg

Start any game using default settings
4pMoc.jpg

If you face an issue with default launch mode, try "neek2o" launch option on last game settings page
9Cd2G.jpg

Some titles will just blackscreen since they belong to different region, there's nothing you can do here except get the game from your region or wait for a neek2o or apploader update

When I exit the game I'm back to SM on neek2o nand!?
This can happen and should be fixed was finally fixed in neek2o rev93
Tip: if you have this issue update Wiiflow to rev4.0.2 beta 712+ and neek2o to rev 93+

Can I start WF in neek2o mode and play all WW/VC from there?
sure you need v14b forwarder (here) and Wiiflow-Loader hidden channel v2 to be installed on your Emunand
Start WF from neek2o or by using Exit to Neek2o option in real mode
Tip: disable neek2o option in neek2o mode before launching any wiiware no more needed
Tip: When you exit to neek2o, Wiiflow will run from USB\apps\wiiflow\boot.dol if present and if not there it will run SD\apps\Wiiflow\boot.dol
While when you run the official forwarder channel SD path is checked first.
Hence advanced users can use this to run two different wiiflow revisions (one on SD and one on USB) but I recommend just having Wiiflow in one location only

Update on how things work: Using Wiiflow rev 712+ and neek2o rev93+
1. Start Wiiflow from real nand > Start any Wiiware in normal mode > Exit game > back to Wiiflow on real nand
2. Start Wiiflow from real nand > Start any Wiiware in neek2o mode > Exit game > back to Wiiflow on neek2o nand
3. Start Wiiflow from Neek2o nand > Start any Wiiware in any mode > Exit game > back to Wiiflow on neek2o nand
4. To go back to real nand select "Exit to real nand" from Wiiflow exit menu
Tip: you can use all modes in Wiiflow running in neek2o mode
Tip: To make GameCube mode appear in neek2o mode edit [DML] section in wiiflow.ini and make this tiny change : "always_show_button=yes"
Tip:
only limitation is that Wii wbfs games won't load from NTFS partition
(but hopefully this will change in the future when support for all partition types will be added - thanks to OverjoY's hard work)

Official pages:
Sneek: http://code.google.com/p/sneek/
Neek2o: http://gbatemp.net/t.../313314-neek2o/
Wiiflow-Mod: http://gbatemp.net/t...gui-usb-loader/
ModMii: http://gbatemp.net/t...-support-topic/
More neek2o tips: http://gbatemp.net/t...r-neek2o-users/

Credits:
Sneek team
Neek2o team
Wiiflow team
ModMii team
Showmiiwads team

Thanks
Abz
:)
When I start up the neek2o channel it just gets stuck at "Reloading BootMii IOS!" and after a few minutes the disc led starts to blink.

Antonio2311

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Bad NAND dump? Not MBR/FAT32?
Thank you for your reply.
The NAND I'm trying to emulate was created by ModMii and I re-created it multiple times with no luck.
My USB is formatted as FAT32 with 32KB allocation size.
What do you mean with MBR? (I know what it means but what does it have to do with this?)

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for your reply.
The NAND I'm trying to emulate was created by ModMii and I re-created it multiple times with no luck.
My USB is formatted as FAT32 with 32KB allocation size.
What do you mean with MBR? (I know what it means but what does it have to do with this?)

It has to do with the fact that emulated NAND on cIOS only works with MBR partition table type and FAT32. :) Also note that emuNAND and NEEK are not the same thing. both of them require MBR/FAT32, though, and probably won't work with a flash drive.

Last edited by GreyWolf,

Antonio2311

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It has to do with the fact that emulated NAND on cIOS only works with MBR partition table type and FAT32. :) Also note that emuNAND and NEEK are not the same thing. both of them require MBR/FAT32, though, and probably won't work with a flash drive.
I guess I will just forget about this, looks very complicated. Thank you for your help anyway!

Katcountrygirl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I know this thread is a few months old but id like to add that I'm having the same issue. I have my emunand on a fat32 32k sd card MBR 1 single partition. I got sneek files using modmii and made a emunand using showminand (I believe that's what its called) ive tried this and would love to be able to play my wiiware titles through wiiflow I am able to see the covers but when I click them they all black screen and then return to the wiiflow source menu. I know im doing something wrong because none of the standard nand channels like homebrew or the wii shop channel will play through it either although I have no issues playing wii gamecube or emulators through wiiflow such as nes snes wii64 etc any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Chris2055

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same problem, stuck on Reloading bootmi IOS!
My HDD is FAT32 with 32k clusters and MBR partition type.
My SD card is 32 GB SDHC FAT32 32k clusters.

I've spent almost an entire night trying to fix it. I've read every forum post from users with the same issue. Still no luck. Here's what I've tried:

(1) Using ModMii to generate the NAND files for v95 and v96 separately. Both do the same thing.
(2) Renaming 'bootmiineek' to 'bootmii'
(3) Copying bootmii to root of USB and SD
(4) Using premade NAND from links found around here
(5) Ensuring that bootmii is installed in slot 254 and not as stub from SysCheckHDE

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.