Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
EmuNand and Neek2o Made Easy
A Super Noob Friendly Guide

The Following info is for the real Wii and NOT for WiiU/vWii
The Emunands made this way can also be used by other USB loaders such as USBL-GX, CFG and Postloader
Hello,
After doing lots of testing I thought I should share this info:

Why do I need Neek?
Nand mode in Wiiflow allows users to launch their favorite Wiiware/VC games installed on their Real Nand or on an EmuNand (on SD or USB)
Since the Wii has such a tiny internal memory 512MB, install WW on the real nand and you'll be faced by lack of nand space very soon, copying or moving WW/VC channels to SD is always an option but again free space issues will arise when using SDs with small capacities like 2GB or less. So you wish you can move them to USB HDD but that's not a straight forward option.
That's where Neek comes into the picture (thanks to Crediar) and offers the following features:
1. Store your games on SD or USB
2. Store as many as you wish as long as you have free space
3. Play out of region games
4. Use cheats
5. Play games on different Wii
6. Test themes and custom channels
7. Play GC and Triiforce games in addition to Wii games and WW/VC
etc... etc...

What's Neek2o?
Neek2o is a mod of Neek by obcd and overjoy that added many features and allowed customization and ability to use neek off USB device with no SD inserted.

Can I use Neek2o in Wiiflow?
Wiiflow-mod by Fix94 & co uses Neek2o to launch WW/VC in addition to old triforce cIOS bases technique this requires a recent rev of Wiiflow (v4.0 is coming soon) and neek2o rev90+ (latest is 93)

Is Neek2o mode really needed? I can use the regular mode just fine!
in 90+% of the time you'll be fine but some games really need this to work (castlevania rebirth, rubik's rush, swords and soldires, target toss pro bags, Zelda majora's mask....)

So, how can I setup neek2o?
1. build a uneek+di nand using ModMii use rev95
A. Open Modmii and type "S" for Sneek installation
B. Type "3" for All of the above
C. Select 95 i.e. type "1"
D. Uneek+DI i.e. type "UD"
E. Default Settings i.e. type "D"
F. Again Default Settings i.e. type "D" a second time
G. Select your region type U, E, J, or K
H. type 4.3
I. Postloader channel - type "Y" (this is optional)
J. cIOS 249 type "N" - Not needed
K. NMM - No type "N"
L. Priiloader - No not needed - type "N"
M. For serial number you can either type "D" for default or type the one fond on your Wii console
N. Theme is optional- you can type "N" for default boring theme
O. Ninty's Channels are also optional - You can type "N"
P. You have reached the final screen - now if you want to installs WAD files like forwarder channels, Wiiware or VC games copy the wads to \ModMii\Temp\WAD folder before making the nand. I recommend installing Wiiflow v14b forwarder, Wiiflow Loader Hidden Channel v2 and any WiiWare/VC games you want to play
nqpw03.jpg

Q. Finally type"Y" for Yes do it now!

Tip: If you made the emunand without installing the wads you can add the wads later to the emu nand using ModMii or ShowMiiwads.

To do so open showmiiwads
and select the nand backup path under options:
mok1D.jpg

then open the folder containing your WADS i.e. forwarders and WW games
Right click the ones you wanna copy to the emunand and select "extract to nand"
XMypd.jpg

You can select nand view to check the installed channels in case you want to delete games (via right click also)
764P4.jpg

2. Copy the content of "Copy_to_SD" and "Copy_to_USB" folders to your SD and USB accordingly (You need to format the USB device to FAT32 32k cluster size first)
"nands" folder and "sneek" folder that need to be placed on USB device root
3. Install official neek2o channel to your real Wii using a wad manager, to test the Emunand from system menu neek2o channel directly: get it from here http://code.google.c.../downloads/list

Tip: To update to latest Neek2o, here's my Legal WiiFlow Masterpiece Mini Pack for you, contains WiiFlow r844mod, uNeek2o 95b4, some extras and forwarder channels:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?d8awqotivpws6qm
*apps folder goes into root of SD or USB
*Sneek folder into USB root (I included some extras and custom titles file too)
*Wads are meant to be installed to both real and emunand: I included my Clouds channels and neek2o channel (real nand) and back to real nand (emunand) and wiiflowloader hidden channel (install on both real and Emunand)

4. First time you'll need to setup your nand and sync the wiimotes
Tip: if you get your wiimotes not synched in Emunand then open Neek2o Channel sync your wiimotes or just copy Sysconf from real nand "shared2\sys" folder to "\nands\pl_xx\shared2\sys\"
Tip: try to use same region & SM revision as your real nand and copy \shared2\ folder to the nands\pl_xx\ folder to skip step 4 (this also gets Network connection working on Emunand too)
folder using WiiXplorer rev235+ or extract sysconf file using third party apps such as Postloader4
Tip: It is recommended to copy "cert.sys" file from your extracted nand dump "sys" folder to neek2o nand "\nands\pl_xx\sys" folder. Because when this file is absent you can get an error messages telling you that "System Files are Corrupted" or something like that when trying to launch a game using WiiFlow

The following screenies will show you how to copy your cert.sys file and "shared2" folder to the emunand (This will skip the first boot setup and wiimote sync issues)
Grab Wiixplorer rev 241 from here: http://www.mediafire.com/?03lbcg9gosobsmd
extract this rar file to SD or USB root
Open the Homebrew Channel and load Wiixplorer
HAynA.jpg

Go to Nand
nAOOL.jpg

Go to "Sys" folder and press "+" on cert.sys file, then select "copy"
Essi9.jpg

Goto USB1 (or whatever partition you are using as Fat32) and go to you nands\plxxx\sys folder
click "+" then select "paste"
61CQJ.jpg

Now repeat the same steps for your "Shared2" folder, i.e. copy folder from nand to usb\nands\plxxx folder
1TPiK.jpg

gucQQ.jpg

5. If the Neek2o- Emunand works fine you're ready to add more games using showmiiwads if you like
Congrats you have a working neek2o nand with all your games

Tip: When everything works fine, backup \sneek\nandcfg.bin and \nands\pl_xx\title\00000001\00000002\data\settings.txt. You might need them to repair trouble later
Tip: you can also use a PC to set these 2 files to "read only" using file property or attrib command, this might prevent corruption
Tip: you can create as many nands as you want but one is really enough
Tip: I also recommend backing up both "Nands" and "sneek" folders to PC, this will be very useful when problems happen.

Then what? I want to use Wiiflow-mod to play my games.
Tip: open wiiflow.ini and edit the path to your emunand as follows
You'll find this under [Nand]
path=/nands/pl_xx (replace xx by the letters you have)
Open Wiiflow-mod or Wiiflow 4 and go to nand/channels mode, select emunand from source menu or press "B" on the mode button (once or twice)
Ut4Am.jpg

Your games should appears and now you can download the covers and preview the banners
eum0w.jpg

Start any game using default settings
4pMoc.jpg

If you face an issue with default launch mode, try "neek2o" launch option on last game settings page
9Cd2G.jpg

Some titles will just blackscreen since they belong to different region, there's nothing you can do here except get the game from your region or wait for a neek2o or apploader update

When I exit the game I'm back to SM on neek2o nand!?
This can happen and should be fixed was finally fixed in neek2o rev93
Tip: if you have this issue update Wiiflow to rev4.0.2 beta 712+ and neek2o to rev 93+

Can I start WF in neek2o mode and play all WW/VC from there?
sure you need v14b forwarder (here) and Wiiflow-Loader hidden channel v2 to be installed on your Emunand
Start WF from neek2o or by using Exit to Neek2o option in real mode
Tip: disable neek2o option in neek2o mode before launching any wiiware no more needed
Tip: When you exit to neek2o, Wiiflow will run from USB\apps\wiiflow\boot.dol if present and if not there it will run SD\apps\Wiiflow\boot.dol
While when you run the official forwarder channel SD path is checked first.
Hence advanced users can use this to run two different wiiflow revisions (one on SD and one on USB) but I recommend just having Wiiflow in one location only

Update on how things work: Using Wiiflow rev 712+ and neek2o rev93+
1. Start Wiiflow from real nand > Start any Wiiware in normal mode > Exit game > back to Wiiflow on real nand
2. Start Wiiflow from real nand > Start any Wiiware in neek2o mode > Exit game > back to Wiiflow on neek2o nand
3. Start Wiiflow from Neek2o nand > Start any Wiiware in any mode > Exit game > back to Wiiflow on neek2o nand
4. To go back to real nand select "Exit to real nand" from Wiiflow exit menu
Tip: you can use all modes in Wiiflow running in neek2o mode
Tip: To make GameCube mode appear in neek2o mode edit [DML] section in wiiflow.ini and make this tiny change : "always_show_button=yes"
Tip: only limitation is that Wii wbfs games won't load from NTFS partition
(but hopefully this will change in the future when support for all partition types will be added - thanks to OverjoY's hard work)

Official pages:
Sneek: http://code.google.com/p/sneek/
Neek2o: http://gbatemp.net/t.../313314-neek2o/
Wiiflow-Mod: http://gbatemp.net/t...gui-usb-loader/
ModMii: http://gbatemp.net/t...-support-topic/
More neek2o tips: http://gbatemp.net/t...r-neek2o-users/

Credits:
Sneek team
Neek2o team
Wiiflow team
ModMii team
Showmiiwads team

Thanks
Abz
:)

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is cool an all, nice write up. but let's say the person has to write the path, in the wiiflow ini.
you should add that in, when you explain were the nand goes.(after the building part).
but as i said good write up.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
this is cool an all, nice write up. but let's say the person has to write the path, in the wiiflow ini.
you should add that in, when you explain were the nand goes.(after the building part).
but as i said good write up.
I've already mentioned editing the path in wiiflow.ini and now I made it more clear.
Thanks for your comment

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nice write up abz. i've been wondering how to use the neek2o mode in wiiflow.

so if i have my emunand working, and i choose to launch via neek2o, wiiflow will then load the title but under the virtual system environment? or does it bring you to neek2o?

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That was really good, abz. It's a little daunting but it sounds like it has you well setup. I only wish the problematic games were fixed in d2x. I get around WiFi issues by using forwarder ISO's and the few N64 VC games that give me trouble, I launch from real nand but it does bug me to have to fill upo my real nand.
Maybe somebody can contribute to d2x development in the future to resolve these issues.

Thanks for sharing that!

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
So does this work with emunand on SD?

It doesn't when I try SD, only when I put the emunand on usb.
Atm only usb is supported, SD might follow later since these things are under heavy development

nice write up abz. i've been wondering how to use the neek2o mode in wiiflow.

so if i have my emunand working, and i choose to launch via neek2o, wiiflow will then load the title but under the virtual system environment? or does it bring you to neek2o?

Yes, when you launch neek2o mode it's similar to launching "neek2o channel" with your game autobooting. So when you exit the game you're in emunand SM or EmuNand Wiiflow. If you select neek2o channel as "Exit to" option you'll go back to real nand SM directly after quiting the game.

@themanuel
Thanks, I hope that D2x fixes that too, maybe in v10 someday :)

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
This is still beta but have been tested heavily while testing Wiiflow 4 release candidates :P

Here's rev 92 beta6: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?b99qe0zpvvl2qzv
extract these file to "USB:\sneek" folder
I've included diosmios.bin, font.bin for the sake of completion :)
Have a nice day.
Thanks to OverjoY and Fix94
Abz
;)

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never quite understood the different between neek and uneek/sneek. does it give u unlimited system menu pages to place wiiware/vc games?

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
I've never quite understood the different between neek and uneek/sneek. does it give u unlimited system menu pages to place wiiware/vc games?
same same, u stands for USB and s for SD they are both neek, no unlimited pages here :)

@[member='FIX94']: can you rename the topic please to: "WiiFlow 4 & Wiiflow-mod Emunand: Q&A, Guide & Tips"
Congrats for the official release

Q&A, Guide & Tips"

Congrats for the official release :)

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
+1 to your tutorial count yet again! :lol: As always great job and really well done with the tips being added for completion and clear understanding. I have a setup that I already like but I'm going to switch it up soon thanks to all the progress that's being made. Your GBATemp's Wii Tutorial and customization king out here lol.

xtoad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the useful info.

I had been using r88 and whenever I tried loading problem games via 'launch with neek2o' it would only boot into the neek2o SM... Maybe r92 will help with that.

Also, I have installed the v12c forwarder, but where do i find the wiiflow-loader hidden channel?

Thx.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Mkay.