Hacking WiiFlow Lite

Augusta

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Would you suggest replacing this wiiflow lite with the other wiiflow that fix94 was working on?
I don't know if I'm looking in the wrong place but I haven't seen that loader updated in over a year.

What do you suggest?
Thanks for the launcher and updates!

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
r1107 released!

- Added 3 new Plugins. Wii, Channels, and Gamecube.
- Wiiflow will automatically detect these and add the respective game lists to the plugin game list just like combined view via the source menu.
- these plugins can be selected via the 'plugin select menu' in 'main settings' or via a source btn on the 'source menu'.
- with these plugins the 'plugin select menu' can act like another source menu and they can easily be combined with all the other plugins of your choice.

r1107 and the plugins can be found here - https://sourceforge.net/projects/wiiflow-lite/files/

plugin magic #'s are:
gamecube = 4e47434d
wii = 4e574949
channels = 4e414e44

the only problem is some of the settings in the main settings menu don't work properly for wii, gc, and channels when using these plugins. for now if you need to make settings changes to those views go to that particular view normally, not via the plugins.

PS. I also tried fixing the occasional coverloader garbled covers by replacing fseek with fstat but it only seems to slightly made things better but didn't solve it.

Last edited by fledge68,

sion_zaphod

Ex-Galactic President; confidence trickster; etc
Trophies
XP
Country
How about an option to have flat covers on source flow only I mean not box covers on source flow. I want box covers on games and plugins. Also fanart for plugins I.e. fanart that shows when you highlight a plugin on source flow (sort of like hyperspin). Trailers from source flow would be good too possibly banners instead. I'm itching to convert my hyperspin themes to this.

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How about an option to have flat covers on source flow only I mean not box covers on source flow. I want box covers on games and plugins. Also fanart for plugins I.e. fanart that shows when you highlight a plugin on source flow (sort of like hyperspin). Trailers from source flow would be good too possibly banners instead. I'm itching to convert my hyperspin themes to this.
flat covers on sourceflow makes sense since we really don't need to see the back of the cover, that's a maybe. fanart and hyperspin stuff i'm not crazy about. i've been actually considering getting rid of fanart.

Reactions: sion_zaphod

sion_zaphod

Ex-Galactic President; confidence trickster; etc
Trophies
XP
Country
flat covers on sourceflow makes sense since we really don't need to see the back of the cover, that's a maybe. fanart and hyperspin stuff i'm not crazy about. i've been actually considering getting rid of fanart.

Fanart isn't for everyone. And I don't care about it for individual games but I think it would really complement wiiflow to have the option for source flow. Even if it was just changing the background pic for each plugin source (full screen logos and pictures of systems). Something like this
544056d651d7c.jpg

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
snes9x gx 4.3.2 and fce ultra gx 3.3.4 plugins both with wupc added are ready for download

https://sourceforge.net/projects/wiiflow-lite/files/?source=navbar

be sure to change the plugin in file from mod11 to mod12.

if you downloaded and are using the snes9xgx 4.3.4 plugin that's fine. it's a little bigger in size since i didn't remove unneeded stuff like Fix94 did.

the new plugins are the last official releases modified thanks to fix94. I just did a lot of copy and pasting from the old plugins and his wupc mods.

vbagx is in the works.

WiiuGold

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New release r1123!
see OP post for more info.

I tested Yours out .. Just to let you know , You got a Memory Leak in covers.. after 157 it stops .. showing covers,

Old Wiiflow i use , Shows all my covers.. all 1,389 games..
Your Wiiflow Lite.. stop at 157 .. (I really like this one :) )

Last edited by WiiuGold,

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tested Yours out .. Just to let you know , You got a Memory Leak in covers.. after 157 it stops .. showing covers,

Old Wiiflow i use , Shows all my covers.. all 1,389 games..
Your Wiiflow Lite.. stop at 157 .. (I really like this one :) )
Thanks for the info. for me wiiflow always had/has a memory leak. with hq covers off i always found covers that were half good and half scrambled or it would strangely show them all one time and the next it would stop after a few but then moving left or right or going to source menu and then back would always fix the covers. now i use hq covers on and it happens a lot less. and when it does i just move the messed up cover to the center and it would redisplay it the correct way.

if you have it stopping on a cover and won't go past and moving left or right or going to source and back doesn't solve the problem then i have a feeling your wiiflow cache has been corrupted. you may have to delete or rename your wiiflow/cache to wiiflow/cacheold then let wiiflow recreate it when it starts - but be patient and take it slow when its making the covers.

i've gone over the coverflow code several times changing this and that and i can't seem to find or fix the problem. i don't have a gecko device to help debug the problem. and i'm only mediocre at coding. wish i could help cuz i really like wiiflow too.

WiiuGold

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to drop it down to 1,265 game Complete USA set and see if it will work again .. maybe there is a limit with games. I ask fix94 about it , he said something with 60mb last night on irc..

Old wiiflow works great ..shows all hq covers..
I do more testing today when i get home..

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to drop it down to 1,265 game Complete USA set and see if it will work again .. maybe there is a limit with games. I ask fix94 about it , he said something with 60mb last night on irc..

Old wiiflow works great ..shows all hq covers..
I do more testing today when i get home..
what version of the old wiiflow are you using?

and you have 1,389 wii games?

with the old wiiflow you can view all 1,389 games?

with wiiflow lite only 157?

and we are talking just wii games?

do you use plugins? i ask because i didn't really change much related to wii covers being display but i did change some of how plugins are read into memory and my first thought is maybe this plugin data in memory is taking up too much memory?

WiiuGold

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what version of the old wiiflow are you using?

and you have 1,389 wii games?

with the old wiiflow you can view all 1,389 games?

with wiiflow lite only 157?

and we are talking just wii games?

do you use plugins? i ask because i didn't really change much related to wii covers being display but i did change some of how plugins are read into memory and my first thought is maybe this plugin data in memory is taking up too much memory?
Only Wii games
On Old Wiiflow 4.2.1 I will check the ver (4.2.1) i have , it shows all HQ Covers for all the games..

With WiiFlow lite , it shows all the games 1,389 but it will only load 157 HQ and front covers..

I don't use no Plugins or theme

I just got home , I will do more testing now ..
i drop it down to 1,385 nothing still .. I am going to take out PAL AND JPN games only use 1,265 complete USA set , see if your lite work with that..

Update:
I just redid my cacha and HQ covers with Old wiiflow 4.2.1 and it showed all 1,389 games.
HQ covers is 1.19GB
cache is 678MB :)

going to test Lite now !!!
Lite stops at 157 HQ covers..

Update again ,
going to try to use Your dol then try my cache and covers with old wiiflow :)

Last edited by WiiuGold,

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only Wii games
On Old Wiiflow 4.2.1 I will check the ver (4.2.1) i have , it shows all HQ Covers for all the games..

With WiiFlow lite , it shows all the games 1,389 but it will only load 157 HQ and front covers..

I don't use no Plugins or theme

I just got home , I will do more testing now ..
i drop it down to 1,385 nothing still .. I am going to take out PAL AND JPN games only use 1,265 complete USA set , see if your lite work with that..

Update:
I just redid my cacha and HQ covers with Old wiiflow 4.2.1 and it showed all 1,389 games.
HQ covers is 1.19GB
cache is 678MB :)

going to test Lite now !!!
Lite stops at 157 HQ covers..

Update again ,
going to try to use Your dol then try my cache and covers with old wiiflow :)
so what was the result of the last test?

WiiuGold

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so what was the result of the last test?

Don't work..
Fix94 told me to use 4.2.1 again.
Everything worked great.
lite version didn't work, from the get go to pick the sd or usb, when i picked usb , it didn't do nothing . , i would need to go to my computer and change sd to usb1 in the ini file. Then it would only load 157 hq covers , memory leak !!
Can't be my covers because they all work in 4.2.1 with cache.
because i was here since first coder (Hibernatus) made wiiflow :) i was the tester :) for it !!

Last edited by WiiuGold,

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't work..
Fix94 told me to use 4.2.1 again.
Everything worked great.
lite version didn't work, from the get go to pick the sd or usb, when i picked usb , it didn't do nothing . , i would need to go to my computer and change sd to usb1 in the ini file. Then it would only load 157 hq covers , memory leak !!
Can't be my covers because they all work in 4.2.1 with cache.
because i was here since first coder (Hibernatus) made wiiflow :) i was the tester :) for it !!
well i think the part about the changing partition is a load of crap. I didn't change anything with changing partition for wii games that would make that not work anymore. it's practically the same code as it is in wiiflow. and it won't be changed in the ini file unless you exit wiiflow properly or launch a game. that's when the ini file is saved.

are you using a compressed cache since you have so many covers? now there might be a problem there since i don't use that and didn't test it.

otherwise stick with 4.2.1 and i'lll double check the code when i get a chance.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyBmc3-J5AM