DragonBoy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hello,
I'm using Wiiflow Lite and I'm running everything from my USB hard drive (SD card is not present at all!). I am trying to set up the emulator plugins and everything from covers to finding roms goes great. The roms play fine but the only problem I have, is that I cannot save core settings, or any of the retroarch settings!

If I run retroarch from the Homebrew channel, everything is fine, saves, settings etc but if I use the Wiiflow plugins, I cannot change or save anything... It is even using the Retroarch's default settings and not the ones I made using the standalone emulator. Any suggestions please? Thank you :)

This is my GAMBATTE.ini file. Maybe I have something wrong you can tell me...

[PLUGIN]
displayname=Game Boy
magic=474D4264
coverfolder=Game Boy
dolfile=apps/retroarch-wii/gambatte_libretro_wii.dol
romdir=roms/Game Boy/Best
filetypes=.gb|.dmg|.zip
consolecoverid=nintendo
covercolor=ffffff
bannersound=GB.ogg
arguments={device}:/{path}/|{name}

Last edited by DragonBoy,

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
I'm using Wiiflow Lite and I'm running everything from my USB hard drive (SD card is not present at all!). I am trying to set up the emulator plugins and everything from covers to finding roms goes great. The roms play fine but the only problem I have, is that I cannot save core settings, or any of the retroarch settings!

If I run retroarch from the Homebrew channel, everything is fine, saves, settings etc but if I use the Wiiflow plugins, I cannot change or save anything... It is even using the Retroarch's default settings and not the ones I made using the standalone emulator. Any suggestions please? Thank you :)

This is my GAMBATTE.ini file. Maybe I have something wrong you can tell me...

[PLUGIN]
displayname=Game Boy
magic=474D4264
coverfolder=Game Boy
dolfile=apps/retroarch-wii/gambatte_libretro_wii.dol
romdir=roms/Game Boy/Best
filetypes=.gb|.dmg|.zip
consolecoverid=nintendo
covercolor=ffffff
bannersound=GB.ogg
arguments={device}:/{path}/|{name}
Is the gambette dol file in wiiflow/plugins/ folder?

You try putting the full path for the dolfile. Meaning include the device like this.
Usb1:/apps/retroarch-wii/gambatte_libretro_wii.dol

DragonBoy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Thank you for your answer. I tried what you said but I probably did something wrong and didn't manage to get it right... In the end, I ended up using the vbagx-mod13 because gambatte was giving me DSI errors 3 out of 5 tries even when I tried using an SD card... I prefered GAMBATE as far as options and compatibility goes but we can't have everything... Thanks again!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: My therapy chair is padded