WiiFlow Internet Bookmark Plugin Pack with Covers and Bookmarks

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by spacepimp, Nov 25, 2013.

1. spacepimp
    OP

Member spacepimp Pathalogical Fantasist

As with all new WiiFlow content, you have to 'reload cache' from the wiiflow 'home' menu if you are adding more covers. You may (possibly) also need to delete the contents of your wiiflow/cache/bookmarks folder and then "reload cache".

Wiiflow internet bookmarks plugin
    (modded from bootopera)

Clickable list of all the included links (and more)-> HERE

Complete setup, with covers and a few bookmarks in the pack: V3.0 Updated 19/12/13
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/jj08l055802fru2/wiiflow_bookmarks_plugin_pack_V.3.0.zip

The News and Weather Pack - NOW INCLUDED IN ABZ'S MASTERPACK!! :)
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/hyopo5uyy6wbwaf/News.zip

NEW! Comedy Pack (NOT INCLUDED IN ABZ'S MASTERPACK) - "ADULT" as in humour, not as in pr0n! However, your Discretion is advised ;) :
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/gcnhytwcm6jwdg3/Adult_Humour_Pack.zip

A post listing of all the included links, url tagged, and an open invitation to post your own links and favourite flash games etc. :)
    http://gbatemp.net/threads/working-wii-internet-channel-content-verified-november-2013.359425/

[​IMG]
    More screenshots (using the CarbonikAbz theme) under the spoiler

Warning: Spoilers inside!

Copy a url into a text file, and save it. Rename the saved text file to have a ".url" extension (ie. instead of ".txt"). Drop that .url file into your wiiflow/bookmarks folder. You're done:)

If you'd like to add a cover:
    "Drop a 512x340.png file with the same name as your .url file into the wiiflow/boxcovers/bookmarks folder. Include the ".url" bit in the name
    e.g. For the link "bookmark.url", have a .png named "bookmark.url.png"
    Windows snipping tool is useful, but MSpaint is all you need :)"

Abz has added the setup and the news and weather packs to the masterpack by default, but here's how to set up a source menu entry, should you need to:
    Please feel free to suggest any addresses you think other users would enjoy, not just flash content, to the clickable links thread -> HERE :)

Thanks to Wiimpathy for the help, Gannon for bootopera and its sourcecode, and Xflak for the inspiration.

*Windows will try to open a .url file - ignore it and drop your url file directly into your text editor to edit it

mastershoes and Maxternal like this.

2. spacepimp
    OP

I settled on this for the default missing cover - it's in the pack -
    [​IMG]

But if you do something you prefer, I'd love to see it :)
    Under spoiler: OP=fugly

3. AbdallahTerro

Member AbdallahTerro da KiNG

Lebanon
    by default you can add the missing covers to the default theme by using default naming i.e. (magicnumber.jpg) in either \WiiFlow\boxcovers (full) or \WiiFlow\covers (front)

Missing covers can also be added in a separate section in the theme.ini when you need to use custom names
    example:
    [BLANK_COVERS]
    32363030=CA_Atari_2600.jpg
    37383030=CA_Atari_7800.jpg
    etc...

I'll make a decent missing cover for Carbo-Abz theme, the one posted above looks very inappropriate :)

[​IMG]

spacepimp likes this.
  4. spacepimp
    OP

You're right - they're awful - but only intended as a stop-gap until something better came along - so thanks for the doing the 'something better' :) - Would you mind modifying the same artwork for a sourceflow full cover ?

Thanks for the default naming convention tip!
    But, can I ask, do they have to be jpgs? - where did you get this info from?

EDIT: I do have one minor niggle. Shouldn't a single bookmark cover be 'internet bookmark' rather than 'internet bookmarks'
    Also, how do you feel about having the .url extension prominently on the front cover? - just an idea.

5. AbdallahTerro

Lebanon
    save that pic as png and rename to whatever you use as source menu image name
    yes jpg was found to save space and memory, I did the testing for Fledge when he wrote this stuff

6. spacepimp
    OP

Thanks, I was hoping you'd do something without the carbonik hexagons, maybe use plural 'bookmarks' for the sourceflow and singular 'bookmark' for the missing cover. I just thought as you have the artwork source files already already. But thanks for the advice on right-clicking and downloading ;)

7. AbdallahTerro

Lebanon
    Added to source menu!
    Replaced "Turbo-Duo" since this is the same as "PCFX"
    I'll add direct links to the prerequisite internet channel later when I make a new pack

spacepimp likes this.
  8. spacepimp
    OP

That's brilliant, thanks man!
    I've collected a few more wii-suitable links, but it may take some time to do the artwork - do you think I should add the links to the pack now - without the covers?

When i did the update to the pack I was going to add a help file instructing users to download the internet channel using their shopping channel or ModdMii - i wasn't aware there were direct links??

9. AbdallahTerro

Lebanon
    Added to source menu!
    Replaced "Turbo-Duo" since this is the same as "PCFX"
    I'll add direct links to the prerequisite internet channel later when I make a new pack

10. AbdallahTerro

Lebanon
    Take your time, no hurry. new pack gonna take a while
    I used modmii to make the 3 wads (using latest NUS available revision)
    direct links to wads are best to make ppl's lives easy :)

spacepimp likes this.
  11. Wiimpathy

Member Wiimpathy GBAtemp Fan

France
    It's not the same, TurboDuo is a PC Engine + cdrom. PCFX is a different console.
    By the way, error 404 for the source code posted by spacepimp in Maxternal's thread.

spacepimp likes this.
  12. AbdallahTerro

Lebanon
    Thanks for the clarification, We have a PCE (Retro) icon already, so removing TurboDuo is still valid
    unless this Retro plugin cannot run the CD version, then I'll replace it by PCE WiiMednafen

13. Wiimpathy

France
    No problem, the retro plugin is based on mednafen, and should play cd games too. It was just in case we'd want to seperate the Nec consoles: Pce engine, Pc engine CD, SuperGrafx, and PCFX.

14. AbdallahTerro

Lebanon
    ok, in that case I'll remove the "Gambatte GB/GBC" emulator and keep the TurboDuo

15. Wiimpathy

France
    I don't care about super accuracy for the pre-existing emulators, but I must admit that Gambatte is better than vba-gx or mednafen for GB/GBC. For ex., Robocop gb is freezing mid game in both vba, mednafen. But well, there's not infinite space fro all these plugins... Sorry for the off topic.

16. AbdallahTerro

Lebanon
    I'm reorganizing the source menu, I'll post some screenies later

17. AbdallahTerro

Lebanon
    [​IMG]

spacepimp likes this.
  18. AbdallahTerro

Lebanon
    [​IMG]

19. mastershoes

Member mastershoes GameTDB Mod

United States
    Just a heads up..

Turbo-Duo, TurboGrafx CD and PCE CD are all basically the same (so only use one icon of those if that's what you're going for), but PCFX is a whole different system.
    TurboGrafx 16 and PC Engine are also essentially the same, so you could remove one of those as well.

Edit: Sorry, this thread had a lot of action today before i had a chance to post.. didn't realize wiimpathy already dropped this info O.o

spacepimp likes this.
  20. Wiimpathy

France
    You're right, the names of these console is a mess.

1. PC Engine (japanese name) have diff names, designs. TurboGrafx is the US one with another design. There are also the CoreGrafx.
    2. CD Rom and Super CD rom as an extension. Then combined in a PC-Engine Duo. It's another console, so different games but compatible with Hucards.
    3 SuperGrafx is another one. Still an 8 bits but upgraded GPU and RAM. Very few games (7?).
    4. PC-FX, the nec 32 bits console. About 60 games.

So, yes it's 4 distinct machines but you could mix PC-engine and Supergrafx at least. I prefer to have all machines seperated but it's just my taste. To simplify the menu, I mixed all the arcade ones, get rid of plugins for 1 game (grim etc...) and the ones not related to games at all(music...). Who knows, maybe there will be other plugins...

spacepimp likes this.