Homebrew Wiiflow and Nintendont - Refuses to use physical memory card

QuidamPhx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm using Wiiflow to launch my Wii and Gamecube games. Nintendont is what's loading in the background, but whenever I save games, it seems to always create a save on whichever device my games are. Eg /saves on USB if I'm running from the hard drive.

I've loaded up Nintendont from the Homebrew channel and configured it there to have memory card emulation turned off. When I launch a game from there, it works as intended and uses my physical card. However, when launching from Wiiflow, it saves a .raw file as if emulation was enabled.

I've gone to settings in Wiiflow and turned off/disabled both NMM and Devolution memory card emulation, and it still won't use my physical card.

Is there a hidden setting? I've even poked around in Wiiflow.ini and found nothing that would signify disabling this. It seems like it's using a different config file for Nintendont than what I set up when launching Nintendont as a standalone but I can't find it.

Thanks.

QuidamPhx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Looking further, it seems like in /apps/wiiflow/bins there are the settings files used by Wiiflow to launch Nintendont or other loaders. ext_loader.bin in particular. Unfortunately, as these are bin files I can't edit the settings like I would in a standard .ini files and even with a hex editor I have no idea which values to try and modify.

Searching other forums and posts has shown me others with a similar problem, that USB Loaders (including Wiiflow) set their own Nintendont settings when launching a game. So now it comes to figuring out how the hell to set them within Wiiflow. Wiiflow obviously has some compatibility with Nintendont as it launches with it fine, but lacks much in the way of settings configuration.

Both Nintendont and Wiiflow are updated to their latest respective builds too :/

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
just click on the game (icon/channel or cover dkn what you are using) you want and choose settings and turn mcemu to off problem solved?

QuidamPhx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
just click on the game (icon/channel or cover dkn what you are using) you want and choose settings and turn mcemu to off problem solved?
Unfortunately no. The options in wiiflow are NMM or Devolution Memory Card emulation. No toggleable settings exist for Nintendont. That's why I'm having an issue.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
I donno if you use the official 1076 or my 1076/1054 mod/mastermod
but in wiiflow.ini under "dml" section you can have nmm=0 >> real physical MC
nmm=1 >> single per game emulated MC or nmm=2 >> multi emulated MC
you also need to delete the gamesettings files from wiiflow/settings folder to reset per game options

QuidamPhx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I donno if you use the official 1076 or my 1076/1054 mod/mastermod
but in wiiflow.ini under "dml" section you can have nmm=0 >> real physical MC
nmm=1 >> single per game emulated MC or nmm=2 >> multi emulated MC
you also need to delete the gamesettings files from wiiflow/settings folder to reset per game options
I'll give this a look tomorrow after work. Im using the standard build, I'll double check the version and some of those settings. I know i tried adding an nmm_(something)=0 setting under the DML section but didnt delete anything. It could be that the nmm entry was typed incorrectly.

Thanks, will update when i have a chance to look around at this.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
I'll give this a look tomorrow after work. Im using the standard build, I'll double check the version and some of those settings. I know i tried adding an nmm_(something)=0 setting under the DML section but didnt delete anything. It could be that the nmm entry was typed incorrectly.

Thanks, will update when i have a chance to look around at this.
sorry for the typo, I found the full info about the mod/mastermod: (P.S.> links in my sig)

WiiFlow and Nintendont default options:

* Nintendont is default loader now
* GC mode always enabled
* MC Emu on by default using 2mb files
* Pressing B for Source Menu is enabled by defaut too

These options are now global settings in /apps/wiiflow/wiiflow.ini so change the default value to your liking
to enable use "yes", to disable use "no"

-------------------
For 1076 mastermod:
-------------------
USB_HID=yes (for Disabling HDD Pinging under [dml] section)
NATIVE_CTL=yes (for native GC controller under [DML] section)
Deflicker=yes (for force deflicker video under [DML] section)
screenshot =yes (for wiiu widescreen under [DML] section)
dm_widescreen=yes (for widescreen patch under [DML] section)

For MC Emulation: (under [DML] section)
dml_nmm=0 for disabled / dml_nmm=1 for enabled / dml_nmm=2 for Multisave
enabled is the default using 2mb files - multi uses 8mb files (one for us/pal one for jap)

For launching Wiiware/VC using Neek2o:
useneek=yes (under [NAND] section)

For using Wii games private server:
private_server=yes (under [Games] section)

-------------------
For 1054 mastermod:
-------------------
USB_HID=yes (for USB Controller under [dml] section)
NATIVE_CONTROL=yes (for native GC controller under [DML] section)
WIIU_WIDE=yes (for wiiu widescreen under [DML] section)
dm_widescreen=yes (for widescreen patch under [DML] section)

For MC Emulation: (under [DML] section)
dml_nmm=0 for disabled / dml_nmm=1 for enabled / dml_nmm=2 for Multisave
enabled is the default using 2mb files - multi uses 8mb files (one for us/pal one for jap)

For launching Wiiware/VC using Neek2o:
useneek=yes (under [NAND] section)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
P.S. delete \wiiflow\settings\gameconfig2.ini file to restore default configuration
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QuidamPhx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm using Nintendon't version 3.371 and Wiiflow version 4.2.2 r1076.

My /apps/wiiflow/wiiflow.ini contains the segment dml_nmm=0 after the [DML] section. I also deleted the gameconfig2.ini file.

Somehow it's still using an emulated card as when I start up a game it detects no save files (using F-Zero GX as an example as it tells the open blocks when it prompts) and says 251 blocks are free. The physical card I'm using is 507 free blocks, and already has an F-Zero save on it that I was playing earlier.

Also, I notice there's a setting for NMM in each individual game before launching (as opposed to the global Wiiflow settings) and setting NMM to disabled there does in fact show in gameconfig2.ini, but it doesn't affect Nintendont loading a physical card.

A bit off topic, but what is 1076 Mastermod? Is it possible this version would bring improvements or have this feature working properly? I can get around it by loading into Nintendont through the HB channel but I took the time to set up Wiiflow nicely and it's a shame it won't accept these settings.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
I'm using Nintendon't version 3.371 and Wiiflow version 4.2.2 r1076.

My /apps/wiiflow/wiiflow.ini contains the segment dml_nmm=0 after the [DML] section. I also deleted the gameconfig2.ini file.

Somehow it's still using an emulated card as when I start up a game it detects no save files (using F-Zero GX as an example as it tells the open blocks when it prompts) and says 251 blocks are free. The physical card I'm using is 507 free blocks, and already has an F-Zero save on it that I was playing earlier.

Also, I notice there's a setting for NMM in each individual game before launching (as opposed to the global Wiiflow settings) and setting NMM to disabled there does in fact show in gameconfig2.ini, but it doesn't affect Nintendont loading a physical card.

A bit off topic, but what is 1076 Mastermod? Is it possible this version would bring improvements or have this feature working properly? I can get around it by loading into Nintendont through the HB channel but I took the time to set up Wiiflow nicely and it's a shame it won't accept these settings.
the mastermod is an unofficial version of both wiiflow and nintendont maintained by myself
wiiflow mod/mastermod has all new settings used in nintendont
wiiflow 1054 and 1076 use different methods to launch the gamecube games but they should both work fine
nintendont mastermod has same compatibility as official plus many features such as theme and extras in-app downloads and many other tweaks
both wiiflow and nintendont mastermods should be used together and updated to latest revision to get the best results

QuidamPhx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
the mastermod is an unofficial version of both wiiflow and nintendont maintained by myself
wiiflow mod/mastermod has all new settings used in nintendont
wiiflow 1054 and 1076 use different methods to launch the gamecube games but they should both work fine
nintendont mastermod has same compatibility as official plus many features such as theme and extras in-app downloads and many other tweaks
both wiiflow and nintendont mastermods should be used together and updated to latest revision to get the best results
Awesome, I'll check it out and see what I think. Maybe I'll have better luck with settings carrying over.

Could you toss me the link to get the latest version of these? When searching on Google there's so many outdated threads that it makes it difficult. Obviously I'd check here too but if you maintain it I figure you'll know the best place to grab them.

Ill backup my SD card and give those a go.

QuidamPhx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think signatures also don't show up on mobile. So I'm not just ignoring the links if they're actually in your signature already! :]

QuidamPhx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I downloaded and am testing out the Mastermod 1076 versions of Wiiflow and Nintendont. I then updated Wiiflow to 1077 and will check Nintendont in a few mintues.

Using the settings you recommended with dml_nmm=0 (which I tried before with the standard builds) it works correctly when loading GC games from Wiiflow. Physical memory card accessed, first time. So obviously there's an issue with these settings being transferred within the regular builds. Not sure why, but I did it exactly the same, to a T.

Anyway thanks, a bit of reconfiguring and I should be fully set up, only with Nintendont working correctly!

Reactions: AbdallahTerro

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
So I downloaded and am testing out the Mastermod 1076 versions of Wiiflow and Nintendont. I then updated Wiiflow to 1077 and will check Nintendont in a few mintues.

Using the settings you recommended with dml_nmm=0 (which I tried before with the standard builds) it works correctly when loading GC games from Wiiflow. Physical memory card accessed, first time. So obviously there's an issue with these settings being transferred within the regular builds. Not sure why, but I did it exactly the same, to a T.

Anyway thanks, a bit of reconfiguring and I should be fully set up, only with Nintendont working correctly!
I've spent a long time making sure nintendont-wiiflow settings work correctly
I also made wiiflow mod boot GC discs using nintendont and all default settings were change from DM to nintendont

glad it's working fine now and let me know if you need anything else

Yamawaki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a quick question about SNES9xGX in the wiiflow mastermod, I think the version is 4.3.1 which has the input lag bug when using GameCube controllers. Is there a version of SNES9xGX 4.3.2 with an option to return to wiiflow added?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: im going off now...I'll turn off my brain