Hacking Wiiflow and Nintendont -- Could really use some help.

Alacres

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi again guys, I've spent the last few days trying to get my new wii setup to play backups, GC games, and VC games. I have to preface that by saying I'm still a total noob to hacking a Wii, so there's a lot of even fundamental stuff I still don't know. That being the case, I'm feeling a bit hopelessly lost on what to do at this point; especially since I'm using a Wii without brick protection.

So far, I've managed to get everything installed up to Wiiflow and Nintendont, and I've tested a game on both of them to make sure they work correctly. The thing is, I'd like to make them work together, but I'm having a hard time finding clear instruction on how to do that. I installed the standard version of Wiiflow from its main site, but I notice there doesn't seem to be any mention of using Nintendont with it. Then I find that you can use it successfully with Nintendont but you need a special modded version of it (made by Abz.)

• So my first question is: How do I go about changing my version to that one? Do I need to uninstall it first, and if so, how is that typically done? I also installed a forwarder for it initially, so will I need to reverse that as well? (This is what I mean about not knowing the fundamentals, heh.) I just want to make sure I do everything correctly so I don't mess up my system or something.

• The second question that's been on my mind is general SD and USB related: What exactly needs to be on my SD card at all times and what can I use from the USB instead? Basically, I'd like to use the USB drive for pretty much everything as my SD card is really small. I just wasn't sure what all the USB drive could be used for. Can I load all my apps, games, wads, and most other things from the USB by just copying over the stuff on my SD card to it?

I also still wanted to set up my Wii to play virtual console games, but I'm hoping that will go smoothly enough if I just follow Abz's guide. I'll probably try tackling that tomorrow.

Anyway, I think that covers most of what's been confusing me. If any of you guys could give me some help, I'd truly appreciate it.

Alacres

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone able to give me some advice on the Wiiflow issue? Do I need to uninstall it in order to update to the version that supports Nintendont? Do I just delete it from the apps folder or is there some other step I need to take? And what about the forwarder for it that I installed? I just want to make sure I don't screw anything up.

gcb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
it is driving me crazy as well. i tried new versions of wiiflow from fix94 and it didn't help. not sure about that from abz.

i'm just giving up and using nintendont as an alternate loader when i will plan GC games. doesn't help that it freezes if i try to exit it... well, don't care since i have to use real controllers because all games i play use the GBA cable. so i can't reset without going to the console and pressing power anyway. so i never get to the point where it would freeze :D

wiihomebrew

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
to update wiiflow (the BEST EVER USB LOADER) simply delete the the wiiflow app on the sd/usb and rebownload the newer version and place it where you put the old file

gavme

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.pipeten.com
XP
Country
You can use the normal version of WiiFlow with Nintendont but it won't automatically load the games in. You need Abz's version: https://gbatemp.net/threads/wiiflow-4-the-masterpiece-pack-by-abz.336543/

Nintendont is much better than Devolution or Dios Mios. The only thing Devloution has over Nintendont currently is Broadband adaptor emulation to use the PSO games online so I have both installed on my SD card and just set PSO to use Devolution and then have the default loader set to Nintendont for everything else.

Badaza2010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello I have read serveral posts and videos on installing wiiflow etc, work arounds and fixes. However im still having the issue where nintendont wont exit without blackscreen freeze, in wiiflow the nintendont plugin is no longer avail after the mastermod install. is there perhaps a detailed guide or anyone free to help walk me thru how to correct the issue with wiiflow and nintendont. also after the install of mastermod I can no longer seem to get dios mios to even launch, it shows games but black screen after, same with dev loader and usb loader gx says that the dol is no longer present for nintendont but its in folder. the games with launch without issue by homebrew or nintendont app outside of wiiflow. but freeze after clicking exit. ty sorry the post is amess as im at work lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: I swallowed macaroni & cheese for dinner. :P +1