WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by zorglub07, Jan 17, 2010.

Jan 17, 2010
  1. AbdallahTerro

Member AbdallahTerro da KiNG

Lebanon
    No experience with ISO files but all my 400 wbfs files show fine here
    Maybe it's time to use WiiBackupManager and convert the ISO to wbfs,
    You'll save lots of free space too :)

jussman likes this.

2. McFlurriez

Newcomer McFlurriez Member

United States
    Does anyone here know why DOL would disappear as an option? I'm nearly running out of energy...

I've gone back to my Wii after a year trying to get WiiFlow to work with Skyward Sword. After all this time I noticed the videos and tutorials about changing the dol for boot, but my WiiFlow doesn't have this option.

I tried updating from 4.2.1 to the megapack, no option. I tried re-following all the ModMii steps, nothing. It just says category. I've googled far and wide and I've seen a lot of people ask why it's missing for them but no response.

If anyone knows, please share.

Going through the source code I can see where they setup the menu:https://github.com/FIX94/open-wiifl...29804da/source/menu/menu_config_game.cpp#L155

However judging by that code, the dol option should only be accessible to GC games. Not sure where this leads me...

3. fledge68

Member fledge68 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Are you talking about Alternative DOL? that is way old school. no longer necessary ..... d2x cios takes care of that now with block IOS reload.

4. McFlurriez

United States
    Where can I find block IOS reload? I don't see that option on wiiflow?

5. fledge68

Member fledge68 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    there is no option in wiiflow. just make sure your meta.xml file has this line <no_ios_reload/>

6. McFlurriez

United States
    It looks like it does have it! So, my next question would be, what am I doing wrong? Did I install the wads the wrong way? Do I need the d2x installer or can I use MMM?

7. t.h.c

Newcomer t.h.c Newbie

United States
    can always do syscheck

Sent from my A462C using Tapatalk

8. McFlurriez

United States
    I tried a syscheck earlier last night but I wasn't sure what I am supposed to be looking for there? What information would I need to keep an eye on?

9. GreyWolf

Member GreyWolf GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Post the syscheck.csv file contents in spoiler tags. Use the version and instructions in this thread.

10. McFlurriez

United States
    Sweet thanks, I'll try this after work and respond back here. I'm really curious what the issue could be...we will see.

11. jussman

Newcomer jussman Newbie

Australia
    Thanks
    AbdallahTerro

I gave the conversion to wbfs a go, but no change. It's like Wiiflow is saying "I'll only let you play the games from that hard drive that are currently on my list - no more new games for you!!"

It's very weird :(

12. GreyWolf

United States
    Are you clicking "Update cache" after you add new games? Wiiflow doesn't scan the whole folder every time it boots.

jussman likes this.
  13. jussman

Newcomer jussman Newbie

Australia
    Thanks for the reply GreyWolf :)

Yep, this is the details of what's happening:

I have an external HDD attached with 112 game isos in folder wbfs. They all show up in Wiiflow and are all playable. If i add new isos to the folder, they don't show up in Wiiflow, no matter how many times I reload the cache.
    If i put the 'new' isos on another USB thumbdrive and plug it in instead of the external HDD and then reload the cache they show up and are playable, no worries at all.
    If i delete 2 of the working isos off the external HDD and reload the cache they are gone, but the new ones still don't show. If I put the previously 'exisiting' isos back on and reload, they're back again.
    I've deleted the wiiflow folder on the root of the SD card, and restored the original wiiflow folder in the apps folder on the SD card - which then resulted in being prompted for location of games after rebooting and running wiiflow, but it still will only list the original 112 games.

Last edited by jussman, Sep 2, 2016
  14. GreyWolf

United States
    That's really weird. Is the partition FAT32 or NTFS?

15. jussman

Newcomer jussman Newbie

Australia
    External HDD & Thumbdrive are both NTFS

Another little strange detail - if i navigate to the iso files on the HDD via the Wiiflow file manager, i can start a game by 'clicking' on it...unless it's one of the new ones - then it does nothing :/

Last edited by jussman, Sep 2, 2016
  16. McFlurriez

United States
    So I got home and ran a syscheck and pasted it below. I compared it with what is on the WiiFlow tutorial and it looks correct, yet I'm having this issue. Any idea what could be the problem?

Here is my SysCheck:
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

17. McFlurriez

United States
    Solved it! It looks like forcing NTSC inside WiiFlow was the solution. Thanks to all for the help!

jussman likes this.
  18. tallpr24

Newcomer tallpr24 Advanced Member

United States
    method to force GC games to autoboot directly in nintendont when opened via wiiflow? currently when i launch a GC game it brings up the default nintendont screen where i have hit a for usb or sd and then the list of GC games pulls up. I dont see any options in the wiiflow gui for autoboot ?

I'm using WiiFlow Master mod (4.2.3-r1054)
    nintendont v3.324
    on wii u--virutal wii
    usb external hard drive fat 32, 32kb cluster

19. bostonBC

Member bostonBC GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I am using WiiFlow r1076 and the latest version of Nintendon't. As long as you set in your global settings to have it run Nintendont to take care of GC games it automatically loads the games.

I've done and tested this on regular Wii's and WiiU's running under the vWii.

You are way behind on Nintendont versions... it is up to 4.423 now.

20. tallpr24

Newcomer tallpr24 Advanced Member

United States
    Yea i updated nintendont and now its autobooting thanks. Im trying to load warioworld but it keeps freezing up. other games work. is there a recommended setting for warioworld?