Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

Wiimpathy

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is there a 9801 plugin for wiiflow?
No. But now, there is this Neko Project II plugin.

Source code

I started this one when I was making the quasi88 plugin, and never finished it. In fact, I thought it wasn't worth it.
This emulator is a bit slow. The large majority of the games are erotic(and more) textual adventure or quiz. 99,9% are in japanese off course.
Anyway, good or not, we have it.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country

Source code

I started this one when I was making the quasi88 plugin, and never finished it. In fact, I thought it wasn't worth it.
This emulator is a bit slow. The large majority of the games are erotic(and more) textual adventure or quiz. 99,9% are in japanese off course.
Thanks for the new update, will test and see how to add it to the pack
it looks like we need 2 magic numbers and 2 rom folders in one combined source though
I'll have to find the bios roms and some test roms first...
good to see you still completing the rest of the plugins on your free time :)

reprep

Trophies
Website
melankolisavar.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Skies of Arcadia Legends NTSC-U can't be boot through wiiflow mod 1054 on my PAL wii-u. It works fine when boot via Nintendont's own loader.

That is the only problematic gc game i encountered so far. I found a few posts about this explaining the video mode is the cause. I have tried all possible vmods, game, default, NTSC 480p and 480i even PAL ones. They all don't work. After the nintendont logo and booing of the game, i get a black screen, video signal is lost then i get back to the Wii U main menu. other options are at their default values except the virtual memory card.

as i have said, it works fine when run through nintendont loader with the very same options.

thanks for the efforts. I really like Wiiflow.

TeconMoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong place. I'm trying to transition from the CFG 78mod to WiiFlow (1076-Mod) for my Wii and GameCube disk rips on the Wii U. Only reason being is that the 1076-mod has support for WiiU Widescreen for Nintendont.

GameCube games work great, Wii games do not however. All my games load with CFG 78mod, but in WiiFlow only 3 out of my 10 games will load, and they don't seem to have anything in common (The game banners wouldn't load for the other 7 games either).

Wii Sports, Mario Power Tennis, and Brawl all load, but here's a list of games that don't.
  • Mario Party 9
  • Super Paper Mario
  • Super Mario Galaxy
  • Red Steel 2
  • Super Mario All-Stars
  • Rhythm Heaven Fever
  • Wii Sports Resort
I've tried deleting the WiiFlow config, formatting my SD card, I've even tried erasing my entire WBFS folder and re-ripping my disks. So far, re-ripped Mario Party 9 and it still doesn't work with WiiFlow (but it does work with CFG). Tried forcing IOS 248 when loading the games, but it didn't seem to make a difference.

Also tried vanilla WiiFlow and the 1054 mod, with no success. If it makes a difference, I ripped the games using CFG. I've also tried just downloading the WBFS files for the respective games to see if my rips were the issue but no success there either.

So I'm not sure if there's something really simple I'm missing or if this is a weird WiiFlow problem with my Wii U :o Thanks!

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong place. I'm trying to transition from the CFG 78mod to WiiFlow (1076-Mod) for my Wii and GameCube disk rips on the Wii U. Only reason being is that the 1076-mod has support for WiiU Widescreen for Nintendont.

GameCube games work great, Wii games do not however. All my games load with CFG 78mod, but in WiiFlow only 3 out of my 10 games will load, and they don't seem to have anything in common (The game banners wouldn't load for the other 7 games either).

Wii Sports, Mario Power Tennis, and Brawl all load, but here's a list of games that don't.
  • Mario Party 9
  • Super Paper Mario
  • Super Mario Galaxy
  • Red Steel 2
  • Super Mario All-Stars
  • Rhythm Heaven Fever
  • Wii Sports Resort
I've tried deleting the WiiFlow config, formatting my SD card, I've even tried erasing my entire WBFS folder and re-ripping my disks. So far, re-ripped Mario Party 9 and it still doesn't work with WiiFlow (but it does work with CFG). Tried forcing IOS 248 when loading the games, but it didn't seem to make a difference.

Also tried vanilla WiiFlow and the 1054 mod, with no success. If it makes a difference, I ripped the games using CFG. I've also tried just downloading the WBFS files for the respective games to see if my rips were the issue but no success there either.

So I'm not sure if there's something really simple I'm missing or if this is a weird WiiFlow problem with my Wii U :o Thanks!

Try setting force cIOS 249 in startup settings.

TeconMoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try setting force cIOS 249 in startup settings.

...huh. Tried that, and now WiiFlow crashes when loading. Dumps a bunch of code on the screen and goes back to the homebrew channel.

Odd thing is it does this even after deleting the WiiFlow folder from the SD Root and the apps folder entirely, and putting it back on.

I've probably missed a config file somewhere so I'll keep digging.

Edit: Tried putting just the application on a separate small 2 GB SD card, and it's STILL doing it? Totally lost at this point haha

Edit2: I forgot that WiiFlow stores save data on the console itself. Derp. Deleting that solved the app totally crashing but forcing any cIOS to load on launch causes a crash.

Also likely totally irrelevant but I can't seem to rip disks with WiiFlow, where I can with CFG.

James10898

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a problem I have.
I'm using ios58, and when I try to boot a .wbfs file (flash disk already formatted to wbfs), it just boots the DISC.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KhaderWelaye: Use the WiiFlow Start Configurator app to change the force IOS options. It's crashing because it can't access the drive.
You can also do it without the config app like this:
1. Put WiiFlow in an apps folder on an SD card.
2. Start it from there, then change "Force IOS" and which IOS you want to use. (e.g. IOS 249) Then exit WiiFlow
3. Delete the WiiFlow from SD and put it on your drive instead.

Those options are installed in a game save. They will carry over to another copy of it unless you remove the save from the channel management settings on the Wii.

James10898: You can't boot Wii games with IOS58. It needs a custom IOS. Install one then follow the instructions above.

TeconMoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KhaderWelaye: Use the WiiFlow Start Configurator app to change the force IOS options. It's crashing because it can't access the drive.
You can also do it without the config app like this:
1. Put WiiFlow in an apps folder on an SD card.
2. Start it from there, then change "Force IOS" and which IOS you want to use. (e.g. IOS 249) Then exit WiiFlow
3. Delete the WiiFlow from SD and put it on your drive instead.

Those options are installed in a game save. They will carry over to another copy of it unless you remove the save from the channel management settings on the Wii.

Thanks for the post, but I've been using an SD card this entire time :o

marduk666

THE INFINITE NOOB
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Source code

Beleated Thank You. Wiimpathy. I want to use it to try to play the Homebrew Gradius games over at gradius homeworld. If I ever have time.

doomtrigger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a reason why wiiflow is not seeing any games on my usb drive? another loader sees them but wiiflow does not im also on vwii

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Reactions: mastershoes

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know if there is a version of WiiMC that can see files on a hidden partition on a WiiU's virtual Wii?

I guess it doesn't have to be on a WiiU. I want to be able to swap the drive between the 2 systems so it would need to be seen on a regular Wii too.

Caderyn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I'm having an issue...
I have 2 drives, one 80GB and one 500GB. Both, using WiiBackupManager, were configured and loaded for WBFS. They both worked fine. I tried to load AC:CF and it stayed at the loading screen after the "Online interactions..." disclaimer showed. I shut the system down and tried again. Same thing. After about the 3rd time it crashed my 500GB and made it an unknown format to WBM. The 80GB won't be detected by Wiiflow but WBM shows everything on the drive and the correct format.
I read that IOS 223 could be used for AC:CF because of the WiFi, so I tried it, and that's when the 500GB crashed. I cleared the cache and that's when the problem started. After completely deleting the Wiiflow folder from my SD (not the app... Maybe that's the issue?) neither drive will be detected, even after reformatting and coping the games (except AC:CF) back over. Same thing with NeoGamma, when that also loaded as well before the crash. Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

[UPDATE] Nevermind, I fixed it. I deleted Wiiflow completely and copied from the PC again, as well as formatted the 500 GB HDD and copied all the games back over and it's working now. I'll leave the description above in case anyone is having the same issues...USB Loader GX doesn't like the drive for some reason so I'm sticking with Wiiflow. Also, I did the same with the 80GB external and it still isn't working, same USB cable. I'm thinking it's because it's trying to draw power from the Wii. I have to find the power cord and test it again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.