AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
updated by adding 2 new global ini options
Neek2o global option "useneek=yes/no" under [NAND] section of wiiflow.ini (for both 1054 and 1076)
also added "private_server=yes/no" under [Games] for 1076 mod only
Edit: also added "dm_widescreen=yes/no" under [DML] section for both dols

I dont have any 2 disc gc games to test but reading the official logs, hiding disc 2 should have been fixed 2 years ago

superkrups20056

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3. if you already changed the settings per game then you need to delete \wiiflow\settings\gameconfig2.ini file to restore default configuration
5. Return to "Wiiflow channel" not default

Thanks for adding neek2o global settings default! It works perfectly!!!!!!!!!
I also got the NAND redirection working by setting the "return to" to "wiiflow channel" (like you mentioned), and setting "exit to" to "default."!!!!! Thanks!

Still having these problems though:

3) nmm is set to 0 under dml in wiiflow.ini, I deleted the gameconfig2.ini file, but nmm is still defaulting to "Enabled" for all gamecube games. I'm using Nintendont as the primary loader.
7) disc2.iso is showing up for all multidisc gamecube games, despite you stating it was fixed over 2 years ago. maybe something broke? I have the correct folder structure, and have game.iso and disc2.iso in the gc game's folder. I don't know what's going on, but all the disc2 are still showing up :/

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Thanks for adding neek2o global settings default! It works perfectly!!!!!!!!!
I also got the NAND redirection working by setting the "return to" to "wiiflow channel" (like you mentioned), and setting "exit to" to "default."!!!!! Thanks!

Still having these problems though:

3) nmm is set to 0 under dml in wiiflow.ini, I deleted the gameconfig2.ini file, but nmm is still defaulting to "Enabled" for all gamecube games. I'm using Nintendont as the primary loader.
7) disc2.iso is showing up for all multidisc gamecube games, despite you stating it was fixed over 2 years ago. maybe something broke? I have the correct folder structure, and have game.iso and disc2.iso in the gc game's folder. I don't know what's going on, but all the disc2 are still showing up :/
3. I'll look into that, didn't investigate since I thought real cards are obsolete now.
I used to use real card before but one day used gcmm and dolphin to make a multi raw card which has all my 40 saves in 5 mins, also real cards are not an option on wiiu and newer wiis
7. did you make a hidden category (Press B on Star and select X ) and then select disc 2 and press B on star and add the game to the hidden category by selecting check?

superkrups20056

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3. I'll look into that, didn't investigate since I thought real cards are obsolete now.
I used to use real card before but one day used gcmm and dolphin to make a multi raw card which has all my 40 saves in 5 mins, also real cards are not an option on wiiu and newer wiis
7. did you make a hidden category (Press B on Star and select X ) and then select disc 2 and press B on star and add the game to the hidden category by selecting check?

3. Yeah i guess you're right, WiiUs don't have that functionality anyways. I seriously tried to use nmm and I've uploaded all my saves to different cards using dolphin, but I still get the memory card is corrupted please format dialogue whenever I try to start a new game. I tried to use a multi RAW card as well and it says it's corrupted. I know, it's weird because it works perfectly with the real memory card but I haven't been able to get it to work using nmm. Spent hours trying, too.
7. I'll try to add them all to a hidden category this afternoon and let you know how it works. Thanks for the suggestion!

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
3. Yeah i guess you're right, WiiUs don't have that functionality anyways. I seriously tried to use nmm and I've uploaded all my saves to different cards using dolphin, but I still get the memory card is corrupted please format dialogue whenever I try to start a new game. I tried to use a multi RAW card as well and it says it's corrupted. I know, it's weird because it works perfectly with the real memory card but I haven't been able to get it to work using nmm. Spent hours trying, too.
7. I'll try to add them all to a hidden category this afternoon and let you know how it works. Thanks for the suggestion!
3. let nintendont create ninmem.raw and ninmemj.raw files then copy you gci saves to those raw files using daulphin

Brandon Golway

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I had WiiFlow working perfectly and then I ran WiiFlow Start Configurator and now WiiFlow crashes a few seconds after loading the boot animation, I've tried to force load cIOS 249 with both USB port o and 1 but neither work, I've also tried not forcing a cIOS and selecting both USB ports but that doesn't work either. How can I erased whatever WSC did to my NAND?

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Hi I had WiiFlow working perfectly and then I ran WiiFlow Start Configurator and now WiiFlow crashes a few seconds after loading the boot animation, I've tried to force load cIOS 249 with both USB port o and 1 but neither work, I've also tried not forcing a cIOS and selecting both USB ports but that doesn't work either. How can I erased whatever WSC did to my NAND?
delete the wiiflow save using your system menu title management

Brandon Golway

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, although that didn't fix it. I think it may have about been "log to sd=yes" in wiiflow.ini since wiiflow worked fine with another card that had another setup of wiiflow on it. I just re-enabled the logging and it crashed once again. Disabling it allows everything to work fine.

Now onto the long-standing, but less important issue I've been having ever since I installed WiiFlow: I can't get emulator covers to show up no matter what I try.

Code:
[PLUGIN]
displayname=SNES9xGX
magic=534e4553
coverfolder=snes9xgx
dolfile=snes9xgx-mod11.dol
romdir=snes9xgx/roms
filetypes=.smc|.fig|.sfc|.swc|.zip|.7z
consolecoverid=nintendo
covercolor=01a300
bannersound=SNES.ogg
arguments={device}:/{path}|{name}|{loader}

If I place a ROM named EarthBound.smc in e:\snes9xgx\roms and the cover in e:\wiiflow\boxcovers\snes9xgx\EarthBound.smc.png it should work shouldn't it? Well, it doesn't, I've also tried placing EarthBound.smc.png in e:\snes9xgx just for the hell of it and that didn't work either. What am I doing wrong?

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AbdallahTerro or Wiimpathy or anyone who can help. i was messing with the wii2600 plugin which works great but i tried to play street racer which uses a paddle controller and i couldnt control the cars even after i plugged in a nunchuck. i tried the actual emu dol and it works but the plugin doesnt. am i missing something like a config file or something or am i SOL with the plugin?

edit: nevermind - i noticed the app has a wii2600.cfg file and there was one in the wiiflowl/plugins folder just had to change that one to match the actual one.

Dump

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone its been a few years since I posted here. Just reset up my Wii after two years used AbdallahTerro's pack and just started moving backups over from there few nights later we're back in business :grog:

Thanks to FIX94, AbdallahTerro, Etheboss, fledge68, Wiimpathy and all others I missed for continuing to update and work on WiiFlow.

Also thanks to mastershoes for keeping the cover collection up over the years and all the artist for their hard work.

Thanks, although that didn't fix it. I think it may have about been "log to sd=yes" in wiiflow.ini since wiiflow worked fine with another card that had another setup of wiiflow on it. I just re-enabled the logging and it crashed once again. Disabling it allows everything to work fine.

Now onto the long-standing, but less important issue I've been having ever since I installed WiiFlow: I can't get emulator covers to show up no matter what I try.

Code:
[PLUGIN]
displayname=SNES9xGX
magic=534e4553
coverfolder=snes9xgx
dolfile=snes9xgx-mod11.dol
romdir=snes9xgx/roms
filetypes=.smc|.fig|.sfc|.swc|.zip|.7z
consolecoverid=nintendo
covercolor=01a300
bannersound=SNES.ogg
arguments={device}:/{path}|{name}|{loader}

If I place a ROM named EarthBound.smc in e:\snes9xgx\roms and the cover in e:\wiiflow\boxcovers\snes9xgx\EarthBound.smc.png it should work shouldn't it? Well, it doesn't, I've also tried placing EarthBound.smc.png in e:\snes9xgx just for the hell of it and that didn't work either. What am I doing wrong?

Everything looks fine to me all your directories look correct. Its been a while and this method might be out dated but try a clean install of WiiFlow delete e:\apps\wiiflow\wiiflow.ini and the folder e:\wiiflow\cache reload WiiFlow and see if your covers load.

Brandon Golway

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everything looks fine to me all your directories look correct. Its been a while and this method might be out dated but try a clean install of WiiFlow delete e:\apps\wiiflow\wiiflow.ini and the folder e:\wiiflow\cache reload WiiFlow and see if your covers load.

Thanks for the reply, I had done that previously but that didn't seem to help with it, anything else I can try? In the mean time I'll give it another try.

Alacres

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I asked this in the "hacking" section and then remembered this forum section (which is much more appropriate.) I just got a new Wii a few days ago and I've been trying to get everything up and running, mainly through Wiiflow. So far, I've managed to get everything working (Wii backups, GC games, and even the emunand -- although I feel like I'm pissing in the dark a lot of times with all this complex stuff, heh), but I'm having a hard time getting everything integrated neatly into Wiiflow. The Wii games I have installed show up, as well as the VC/WW games when I switch to the emunand, but I'm not sure how to get Nintendont working with it. I enabled Nintendont as the default GC loader, but how do I make it to where my GC games show up in Wiiflow? Or is that not possible?

Also, I'm only using the standard version of Wiiflow from the main site, but I'd really like to upgrade to this version if possible -- love the layout. How would I go about doing that? Do I need to uninstall the current wiiflow, delete the app folder for it, and start from scratch?And what about the forwarder that I installed for it?

Sorry for all the noob questions, but even after all the reading I've been trying to do, I still feel pretty lost and overwhelmed by all this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

athairus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I am totally lost. I just got the latest stable version (v4.2.1) and following this guide from WiiFlowiki (https://sites.google.com/site/wiiflowiki4/installing-wiiflow), I installed d2x to slot 249 base 56, 250 base 57. But here's the problem: I have my backups on an SD card (isos and wbfs files). I don't have any USB device plugged in. It hangs on a black screen when I launch WiiFlow this way. If I unplug the SD card, it'll crash and take me back to the HBC. Was this meant to work with SD cards alone? I found this random readme via some googling that claims you can install it to the SD card by setting a value in the general section of the ini. But this ini isn't included with the download.

I'm lost. What am I doing wrong? What guide can I follow to install this properly?

johovahs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I am totally lost. I just got the latest stable version (v4.2.1) and following this guide from WiiFlowiki (https://sites.google.com/site/wiiflowiki4/installing-wiiflow), I installed d2x to slot 249 base 56, 250 base 57. But here's the problem: I have my backups on an SD card (isos and wbfs files). I don't have any USB device plugged in. It hangs on a black screen when I launch WiiFlow this way. If I unplug the SD card, it'll crash and take me back to the HBC. Was this meant to work with SD cards alone? I found this random readme via some googling that claims you can install it to the SD card by setting a value in the general section of the ini. But this ini isn't included with the download.

I'm lost. What am I doing wrong? What guide can I follow to install this properly?

On my Wii I can use only the SD card. On my SD I have the emulator roms while the HDD has the NGC and WII games. Launching Wiiflow for the first time will prompt you to pick your partition for the games for each source which you can choose SD or USB. Did you make sure to upload all the folder structure and files correctly on the SD?

DekuGreg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, thanks so much for all you do.

Question.

I can't change my partition on wiiFlow to USB from SD!!!?

I uninstalled and reinstalled it, and still no luck :( does this mean its not reading my usb or???

I got it to switch once last night, but I had an .iso and it obv didnt work, so i get the right file type today and I'm dealing with this!

Thanks,

Greg

athairus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On my Wii I can use only the SD card. On my SD I have the emulator roms while the HDD has the NGC and WII games. Launching Wiiflow for the first time will prompt you to pick your partition for the games for each source which you can choose SD or USB. Did you make sure to upload all the folder structure and files correctly on the SD?

I got in touch with FIX94 the guys over at #gbatemp and the problem turned out to be the fact I was using a microSD card. Got myself a regular SD card and everything worked perfectly. I had of course copied everything correctly, it's just my launch Wii's sd card slot was wonky... with WiiFlow and only WiiFlow.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i can't pinpoint why but the lastest mastermod of wiiflow (1076 version) keeps failing to boot Wii games after like 2-3 boots.

i may roll back to see if i can find the issue, but i did a clean install after it happened the first time and the same issue came back. its hard to describe the symptoms but ill do my best...

i load a game with emunand on and all is perfect. come back out, exit back to wiiflow, launch another game works fine.

turn off the wii, turn back on and load a game. it usually fails with a green screen. after that, hard shut down, reboot. start the same game and then it starts to load but fails like 2 seconds in with a VERY quick code dump (too fast to get a pic even) and then goes to no signal on my tv. I'm thinking its video mode related but im using NTSC iso on NTSC system, never had this issue before i switched to the latest mastermod.

again i dont expect any fixes from this as its vague at best but wanted to voice what happened in case someone else gets it.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
i can't pinpoint why but the lastest mastermod of wiiflow (1076 version) keeps failing to boot Wii games after like 2-3 boots.

i may roll back to see if i can find the issue, but i did a clean install after it happened the first time and the same issue came back. its hard to describe the symptoms but ill do my best...

i load a game with emunand on and all is perfect. come back out, exit back to wiiflow, launch another game works fine.

turn off the wii, turn back on and load a game. it usually fails with a green screen. after that, hard shut down, reboot. start the same game and then it starts to load but fails like 2 seconds in with a VERY quick code dump (too fast to get a pic even) and then goes to no signal on my tv. I'm thinking its video mode related but im using NTSC iso on NTSC system, never had this issue before i switched to the latest mastermod.

again i dont expect any fixes from this as its vague at best but wanted to voice what happened in case someone else gets it.
1076 has weird dumps due to memory issues. It works better if you force cios 249 in startup settings.
Can you also try 1054 mastermod and see if it works fine for you.
both links i my sig

Reactions: VashTS

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s