Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
so after a little while to chill i thought i would post this here. i have been using a 1.5TB hard drive on my wii for years and now im using it on my wii u (yes it was all setup correctly and was working fine except some emunand games). so after the last 2 weeks of getting everything working and at a playable state. i decided to try extract my vwii nand via wiiflow. so i turned on the wii u booted up wiiflow and everything was fine. i deleted my previouse emunand and then extracted my vwii nand. it didnt extract it fully and it froze. so i rebooted the console and loaded wiiflow to find EVERYTHING has gone except the vwii nand lol. anybody had any experience with anything like this? im now sitting an hour through hard drive recovery (only another 4 hours to go) hopefully its all recoverable only time will tell :(
Yes this happened to me twice already, seems extracng the NAND wipes the drive for some reason. At least it did for me, I tried it on vWii though so I thought that might have been the problem, I'm not sure if it happens on a Wii or not.

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
yes this was on vwii. im pretty sure a while ago i done this with the same hdd on the original wii and it wasnt a problem. can i ask if you managed to recover the hdd at all?? thanks for your reply

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
yes this was on vwii. im pretty sure a while ago i done this with the same hdd on the original wii and it wasnt a problem. can i ask if you managed to recover the hdd at all?? thanks for your reply
I made an image/Partition back up man and I do it every time I make any changes/major updates just in case of emergency.

It's also the reason why I split my hard drive into two partitions my fat32 Drive is the only one affected the NTFS partition hold all my games always safe. Albeit it takes way more hours to set up the fat32 partition the way I like, but I have a large collection of games and downloading/re-ripping 500+ of them is not only time-consuming but also a boring chore.

Reactions: jammybudga777

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New update for Wiiflow and Nintendont Mods:
----------------------------------------------------
* Fixed video forcing when using Wiiflow mods and nintendont also added mpal
* Added OSreport to wiiflow/nintendont (in game settings Debugger>>OSreport)
This should Fix booting FZero-AX when a segaboot.bin is present
* Fixed Wiiu widescreen/dm-screenshot button so that is shows only wiiuwidescreen on wiiu and dm-screenshot on wii
* Nintendont mod: removed AX from exception list of triforce bios, now that we can boot it from wiiflow using osreport
* Also Nintendont will skip PAL bios when WiiU is used because it was found not working
update all apps online or manually using the links in my sig
Most Excellent *finger pyramid*
so after a little while to chill i thought i would post this here. i have been using a 1.5TB hard drive on my wii for years and now im using it on my wii u (yes it was all setup correctly and was working fine except some emunand games). so after the last 2 weeks of getting everything working and at a playable state. i decided to try extract my vwii nand via wiiflow. so i turned on the wii u booted up wiiflow and everything was fine. i deleted my previouse emunand and then extracted my vwii nand. it didnt extract it fully and it froze. so i rebooted the console and loaded wiiflow to find EVERYTHING has gone except the vwii nand lol. anybody had any experience with anything like this? im now sitting an hour through hard drive recovery (only another 4 hours to go) hopefully its all recoverable only time will tell :(
I am also a victim. A little warning would have been appreciated...

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
its also a thing i wont be doin again if i dont recover this mess!!! lol. any idea if a recovery would work properly using a software tool?
Damn bro no idea, those things never worked for me, i tried a bunch. Eventually I just learned to backup my backups lol.

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
Well i just used EASEUS recovery program and after 11 and a half hours. I seem to hav saved it or at least most of it. Ive tested 2 games but need a break from it 2nyt. Im definatly making a backup this time round lol

Reactions: MassiveRican

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
Yea I'll do the same unfortunately I have a long work schedule today so prob won't hear from me till late this evening. Although we should test across all mediums,HDD/Flashdrive/SD. One might give a problem with the other one doesn't
NAND extraction is an important feature in my eyes and can hopefully be fixed on the Wii U rather than just bypassed, then again maybe it's not possible I'm not sure.

superkrups20056

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I just downloaded the latest Wiiflow (the one from AbdallahTerro's signature) and I got it working perfectly! Just a couple of noob questions if anyone is patient enough to answer that would be great!

1) Is there a way to sort the emuNAND titles by their system type like in postloader (ex: only N64 games)? I don't feel like manually adding them all in different categories in an ini file...
2) Is there a way to get all of my starred/favorited titles from Wii titles, GC titles, and emuNAND channels to show up on one screen? Currently I have to switch the source to see the favorited titles so it shows them separately.
3) I use Nintendont as a loader and it works great! However, I use my physical memory card so I want NMM to be disabled by default. I don't see a setting for NMM to make it default, so I have to check each individual game to make sure it's turned off before I play it.
4) Again, for emuNAND channels, I want them all to boot using NEEK, but I can't find the default option to switch them all on. I have to go in each title separately to change it and its tedious.
5) Whenever I boot an emuNAND title it works perfectly. Then I return to the System Menu, which sends me directly back to Wiiflow thanks to a Priiloader forwarder I installed. When I try to play another emuNAND title it doesn't work (I think it's because it switches me to the emuNAND?) I'm not sure. But if I physically restart the Wii and play an emuNAND title it ends up working perfectly. Peculiar...
6) I like the default theme but I want the cool emuflow coverflows and wiiware coverflows. What part of the ini file do I modify to get these in the default theme?
7) I am seeing disc 1 and disc 2 as separate titles in the coverflow menu for GC games. I know my file structure is correct. What's the deal?
8) I want all the custom banners for the Gamecube games, but the original covers. I don't see anywhere in the menu where I am able to make that distinction.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Hey guys, I just downloaded the latest Wiiflow (the one from AbdallahTerro's signature) and I got it working perfectly! Just a couple of noob questions if anyone is patient enough to answer that would be great!

1) Is there a way to sort the emuNAND titles by their system type like in postloader (ex: only N64 games)? I don't feel like manually adding them all in different categories in an ini file...
2) Is there a way to get all of my starred/favorited titles from Wii titles, GC titles, and emuNAND channels to show up on one screen? Currently I have to switch the source to see the favorited titles so it shows them separately.
3) I use Nintendont as a loader and it works great! However, I use my physical memory card so I want NMM to be disabled by default. I don't see a setting for NMM to make it default, so I have to check each individual game to make sure it's turned off before I play it.
4) Again, for emuNAND channels, I want them all to boot using NEEK, but I can't find the default option to switch them all on. I have to go in each title separately to change it and its tedious.
5) Whenever I boot an emuNAND title it works perfectly. Then I return to the System Menu, which sends me directly back to Wiiflow thanks to a Priiloader forwarder I installed. When I try to play another emuNAND title it doesn't work (I think it's because it switches me to the emuNAND?) I'm not sure. But if I physically restart the Wii and play an emuNAND title it ends up working perfectly. Peculiar...
6) I like the default theme but I want the cool emuflow coverflows and wiiware coverflows. What part of the ini file do I modify to get these in the default theme?
7) I am seeing disc 1 and disc 2 as separate titles in the coverflow menu for GC games. I know my file structure is correct. What's the deal?
8) I want all the custom banners for the Gamecube games, but the original covers. I don't see anywhere in the menu where I am able to make that distinction.
1. Did you try the built in sort hold b and press +
2. Not yet
3. Edit wiiflow.ini change to nmm=0 under dml section
4. Not sure in neek2o is global option but i can add it
5. The emunand should have wiiflow loader hidden channel installed
6. Use the default.ini in the masterpack
7. I can also make disc 2 hidden by default
8. In game settings manage covers and banners

superkrups20056

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Did you try the built in sort hold b and press +
2. Not yet
3. Edit wiiflow.ini change to nmm=0 under dml section
4. Not sure in neek2o is global option but i can add it
5. The emunand should have wiiflow loader hidden channel installed
6. Use the default.ini in the masterpack
7. I can also make disc 2 hidden by default
8. In game settings manage covers and banners

Thanks for your help! The majority of what you said is working, however, just one thing:

3) I added the value nmm=0 under the dml section of wiiflow.ini and it still is enabling NMM by default. Could this be because I am using Nintendont as my primary loader and not dios mios?
5) Still isn't working. Exit to: is set to default and the hidden channel was installed on the emunand. Could it be because I need to have the real forwarder installed on the emunand as well? The hidden channel I used is the one you reference in your Wiiflow + emunand post.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Thanks for your help! The majority of what you said is working, however, just one thing:

3) I added the value nmm=0 under the dml section of wiiflow.ini and it still is enabling NMM by default. Could this be because I am using Nintendont as my primary loader and not dios mios?
5) Still isn't working. Exit to: is set to default and the hidden channel was installed on the emunand. Could it be because I need to have the real forwarder installed on the emunand as well? The hidden channel I used is the one you reference in your Wiiflow + emunand post.
3. if you already changed the settings per game then you need to delete \wiiflow\settings\gameconfig2.ini file to restore default configuration
5. Return to "Wiiflow channel" not default

Hakaisha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry if this has been asked before. I've been searching everywhere, but can't find anything. =/

Has the plugins for the FCEUGX, SNES9XGX, and VBAGX been updated to work with the Wii U Pro Controller modified versions yet? If not, is it possible we will see these as an option in the future?

I love using Wiiflow with the Wii U Pro controller, but I keep having to switch to the Wii remote/classic controller every time I want to use one of these still.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: