Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really not tryin to bad mouth the work Fix94 has put into everything. Just observing that even when I switched back to official 1075, I had an issue. Something else may have been a factor, but I'm not sure what that is.

Mikef1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do the Cheats work for Gamecube games running under Nintendont 2.149?
I'm using Wiiflow 4.2.2r1075 & I have the \sneek\?.bin file there too.

Thank-you, Michael F.

hicandturkey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anybody know why one might get a black screen when trying to boot their Wii using the Bootmii file that autoboots into WiiFlow. For reference, the link to this file is found here: https://code.google.com/p/wiiflow/downloads/detail?name=Bootmii-Forwader-Loader-DWFA.zip&can=2&q=

I'm setting up a friend's Wii and that's what happens. I have bootmii installed to boot2. I have the exact same setup for my Wii and I don't have any issues. For some reason with his, he just boots into a black screen. I even tried using my SD Card with his Wii and still get the same issue. To further troubleshoot the issue, I also installed bootmii to IOS and then used Priiloader to boot into the Bootmii IOS (with the WiiFlow bootmii file) and got nothing but a white screen (Priiloader background). I also tried with and without the USB Drive plugged in and got the same result. There must be some IOS file that I need to update on his Wii that I forgot about. Does anyone have any ideas? Many thanks in advance!!!1

airline38

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
All you have to do is to turn off "USB HID Controller"
(individual game setting) if you would like to use bluetooth
controller in Nintendont.

RiCK420

Contributing Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having a Wiiflow issue with my covers, covers that used to load fine are now not showing up...
specifically the gensplusgx covers.

They were all working correctly, but I switched from the icon source_menu to the source flow,
and now the gensplusgx covers are all blank. The graphics are still in the proper location,
and I tried deleting the cache/genplus, but Wiiflow will not recreate the .wfc files.. Even when I tell it to "Reload Cache" in settings.

Anyone know how to fix this?

sirxup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anybody know why one might get a black screen when trying to boot their Wii using the Bootmii file that autoboots into WiiFlow. For reference, the link to this file is found here: https://code.google.com/p/wiiflow/downloads/detail?name=Bootmii-Forwader-Loader-DWFA.zip&can=2&q=

I'm setting up a friend's Wii and that's what happens. I have bootmii installed to boot2. I have the exact same setup for my Wii and I don't have any issues. For some reason with his, he just boots into a black screen. I even tried using my SD Card with his Wii and still get the same issue. To further troubleshoot the issue, I also installed bootmii to IOS and then used Priiloader to boot into the Bootmii IOS (with the WiiFlow bootmii file) and got nothing but a white screen (Priiloader background). I also tried with and without the USB Drive plugged in and got the same result. There must be some IOS file that I need to update on his Wii that I forgot about. Does anyone have any ideas? Many thanks in advance!!!1

I'm having the same issue. It was first working fine but then I tried loading up a new source menu, and it gave me the DSI error. When I went back into the source_menu.ini and edited it back to no it took the DSI error screen away but it just boots into a black screen now it's really annoying because sometimes I forget to take out the SD card when turning on my Wii . So now I have to take it out then pop it back in after it loads to get this to stop. Glad to know someone else is having the issue now it's time to figure out how to fix it.

Under this thread the bottom has a link to show sorta how to fix the issue. I have an SD card not a usb harddrive with the issue but I don't know I need to read it over I suppose just to make sure theres something I can figure out . check it out though maybe it'll help you.
HTML:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/emulate-a-wii-nand-to-keep-your-wii-clean.291814/

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Having a Wiiflow issue with my covers, covers that used to load fine are now not showing up...

They were all working correctly, but I switched from the icon source_menu to the source flow,
and now the gensplusgx covers are all blank. The graphics are still in the proper location,
and I tried deleting the cache/genplus, but Wiiflow will not recreate the .wfc files.. Even when I tell it to "Reload Cache" in settings.

Have you accidentally picked the 'other' gensplusgx plugin? As in, if you were using the standalone emu have you selected the RetroArch plugin? (Think I did this myself once)

sion_zaphod

Ex-Galactic President; confidence trickster; etc
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello does anyone know if this is possible with wiiflow?

I have created a source flow menu with Picture of games consoles. The pictures have transparent backgrounds because I want them to appear as just consoles and not as a console in a cover box. When I display the source menu the pictures appear but they are surrounded by black making up the cover shape. Is it possible to make the covers for source flow totally transparent? Also would it be possible to to display Fanart and/or Trailers in source flow when certain plugins are selected? My mission is to make the source flow menu look and feel like the HyperSpin main menu for selecting Systems. I dont want to change the coverflows for any of the other plugins just source flow (I realise that it will probably effect the homebrew flow too but I accept that).

Any help or advice?

RiCK420

Contributing Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

No one has encountered this before and fixed it?

RiCK420

Contributing Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello does anyone know if this is possible with wiiflow?

I have created a source flow menu with Picture of games consoles. The pictures have transparent backgrounds because I want them to appear as just consoles and not as a console in a cover box. When I display the source menu the pictures appear but they are surrounded by black making up the cover shape. Is it possible to make the covers for source flow totally transparent? Also would it be possible to to display Fanart and/or Trailers in source flow when certain plugins are selected? My mission is to make the source flow menu look and feel like the HyperSpin main menu for selecting Systems. I dont want to change the coverflows for any of the other plugins just source flow (I realise that it will probably effect the homebrew flow too but I accept that).

Any help or advice?

If you manage to do this, I would be interested in this as well. Have been wanting to do this myself, but also wasn't sure how, or if it's possible.

halen

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I read in the Nintendont thread that FIX have a break with nintendont development. I hope that FIX return to Wiiflow development.

RiCK420

Contributing Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure...? :lol: Honestly I'm sure it's something to do with the magic number - I think the genplus magic number on the source flow ini is wrong...

Alright, thanks again, I will look more into that magic number and see if I can spot something wrong.
On the other hand, even though all the covers for it are missing, the games still launch and play properly.
Would this happen with the wrong magic number?

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Alright, thanks again, I will look more into that magic number and see if I can spot something wrong.
On the other hand, even though all the covers for it are missing, the games still launch and play properly.
Would this happen with the wrong magic number?
Yep. I can't remember exactly what was wrong for me, but I don't think it was to do with the RetroArch version, more like the fact there's a plugin ini for genplus as a whole, then there's the ones split into the different machines it emulates, and that's where the magic numbers difference lies - check the magic number of the plugin you normally use vs the one you're using in the source flow - wiiflow\source_menu\source_menu.ini... I may well be wrong of course, but I do remember having a similar problem and it being something like that when I set the thing up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: +1