Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I wonder if someone can help me? My Wii is originally Japanese, it has since been converted to the UK version and is running 4.3U (updated today). I did the region/language switch several years ago so I'm not sure of the machines exact status/config - which I realise is not very helpful...

Anyway, I want to start using my Wii again so followed this tutorial through:

This got me ModMii, Homebrew Channel and WiiFlow.

I've got a NTSC wbfs backup of Mario Kart, I have it loaded in WiiFlow and have downloaded the cover art but I can't get it to play. Whenever I click "play" I get the Wiiflow logo for a second or so, then I am bounced back to the game selection menu (where the play button is).

I've tried every combination of settings options that I think could be relevant, but I still can't get it to work.

I googling similar issues I've seen epope suggesting chancing the IOS setting. I have no idea whether this is the problem, but I have less options on this section than others. Currently auto/249 56 d2 x v7 final/250 57 d2x v7 final.

Can anyone advise where I might be going wrong? Many thanks.

You've probably got emunand settings turned to on, best thing to do would be go into MKWii's settings (once you select the game in Wiiflow), and on page 4/4 change emunand to 'Off', and while you're there change the ios to 249...... Could do with updating your ios too to be honest, but I'm not sure that's the problem here.

4.3U is actually the US rather than UK version by the way (not that big a deal though) If you really want UK, you need 4.3E

Gaming4Ever: unsure (lent my soddin Wii out - only got a Wii U here so can't test :lol: ), but the problem is video mode related, just can't try it for myself at the moment :/

morgoth32

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, i try to find a way to force wiiflow to show my real nand games and emunand ones together. Could some one help me please?

Nemesis90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i'm having a problem with the latest rev (r1074), before i had the last official version set up on my card which worked fine for the most part, but now i can't even access the main menu without a code dump. When i boot with r1074 it takes me to the initial setup, the background shows a huge stretched pointer image, i choose my device (USB1) and then it code dumps. If i try to load Wiiflow again it code dumps almost immediately, i have to delete the wiiflow.ini setup from the loader to get back in. Anyone know what's happening?

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So i'm having a problem with the latest rev (r1074), before i had the last official version set up on my card which worked fine for the most part, but now i can't even access the main menu without a code dump. When i boot with r1074 it takes me to the initial setup, the background shows a huge stretched pointer image, i choose my device (USB1) and then it code dumps. If i try to load Wiiflow again it code dumps almost immediately, i have to delete the wiiflow.ini setup from the loader to get back in. Anyone know what's happening?

Did you copy the bin and imgs folders into SD:/apps/wiiflow too?

halen

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I make many tests with Wiituka and Blue-msx plugin and I know that Wiituka not work with any USB drive and blue-msx Works with a pen-drive but not recognize my 4tb hdd. I try to put these plugins in Sd Card but ot working too because my 4tb HDD was plugged. I know now that plugins not working with 4tb hdd. is it possible to fix ?

dr_slump

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

dr_slump

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wiiflow 1075 is the best choice for loading games through Nintendont.

I'm now using Wiiflow 1075 and Nintendont v127, but it's still not autobooting. Do I need to do anything else?

Thanks for the help!

Edit 1: I have Nintendont set as the DML loader.

Edit 2: FIXED // Didn't realize my channel forwarder was loading Wiiflow off SD. I had the app installed on both SD and USB and only updated the app on USB.

Edit 3: ACTUALLY FIXED // Turns out it was because I had installed the channel into Priiloader. I didn't realize I needed to reinstall the channel in Priiloader after updating Wiiflow (though it now makes sense).

bugzme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just installed an SSD in my main system so I had to reinstall windows and all my apps.

I thought I got the programmers notepad and DevKit setup correctly but my first attemp to compile WiiFlow resulted in:

c:/Users/Bob/Documents/WiiFlow_Source/open-wiiflow-mod-read-only/source/gui/video.cpp: In member function 'void CVideo::init()':
c:/Users/Bob/Documents/WiiFlow_Source/open-wiiflow-mod-read-only/source/gui/video.cpp:118:13: error: 'TVPal574IntDfScale' was not declared in this scope

I pulled down a clean copy of r475 onto my virgin SSD. Anyone else getting this error or did I forget to install something?

Also does anyone remember the command to setup multi-core support? My compile time took 2:10 before... want to check how long it takes on the SSD when I fix this error.

Edit - I pulled the last previous version that I had on my old system - r464 and bumped up the versions and it looks like between r473 and r474 this error was introduced. I can successfully compile r473 but r474 and r475 have this error.

It's not a libogc problem, their PAL Resolution Definitions are correct. There is no PAL 574/574i standard resolution. Probably a typo in video.cpp intending TVPal576IntDfScale.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not a libogc problem, their PAL Resolution Definitions are correct. There is no PAL 574/574i standard resolution. Probably a typo in video.cpp intending TVPal576IntDfScale.

That was over 2 years ago. I've been able to compile the solution for well... years now.

Reactions: Etheboss

bugzme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That was over 2 years ago. I've been able to compile the solution for well... years now.

Interesting...I only came across it while trying to make a custom build of a custom build of WiiSX 2.11 Beta which, incidentally, hasn't had a new release in years now. This Modded/Homebrew Wii stuff is so duct-tape-and-binder-twine I'm surprised anything works at all!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended