Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

reggie1978

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@fledge68 Dude, I'd totally man-kiss you if it wasn't out of line! Turns out I went from d2x v6 straight to v9 and bypassed 8 completely. I installed v8 and that solved the problem. I only have one game that won't load via emusave now, and that's no big whoop. I'll just leave that one on real nand. Thanks a ton bud, you saved my bacon.

Reactions: fledge68

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I wonder why some people post these kind of messages in a thread of a loader they don't like..
Is it frustration, envy...or what?
1287666826226.png
Here's your answer :gun:

sdoc96

Creaky Old Stiff Member
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Just had to post a thanks to devs.
Since updating Wiiflow (r840), D2X (v10b53alt) I'm having so much more success running all sorts of NAND/neek2o related stuff such as game saves (no more hanging), wiiware/vc (especially the troublesome titles such as Bonsai Barber, etc.)
Great work to all involved - awesome effort indeed. :)

Reactions: ToddofWar420

wiimanofthenorth

Trophies
XP
Country
Just a quick question, is there any chance of a ftp server being put into wiiflow? I know this would be no use for getting disc games across etc. But zapping over changes to config files, covers, emu games etc this would be great for. I know wiixplorer has a ftp server and of course there is ftpii, but a one stop shop would be kinda nice.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really prefer USB Loader GX over Wii Flow, i don't really like much the Mac design.
I probably shouldn't feed the troll but my Mom always said if you don't have anything good to say don't say anything. :)

I never associated WiiFlow with a Mac-like interface but kind of see it with the dock at the bottom that auto-hides but frankly a scrolling display of images isn't unique to or designed by Apple.

You do know that WiiFlow supports themes right? And you can make it look pretty much like anything you want.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good morning Fix - the new show game count is nice in r848.

It does seem to have broken the B+ change sort order though. If I press B and + to cycle through the sort orders nothing changes on screen but if I exit and re-run WiiFlow the correct sort order is displayed again.

wiimanofthenorth

Trophies
XP
Country
I've just been playing around with the Snes9xGX plugin, and when it comes to exiting the highlight colours are the wrong way around. The normal highlight colour is yellow, but when exiting, if OK is highlighted with yellow, it cancels and goes back to the Snes9xGx menu. I've pointed it out here, since it does say, 'Back to WiiFlow'.

Also, I've been trying scummvm out, and sadly loom doesn't work with voice audio. It does work though with scummvm 1.5 for the wii.

wiikey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for putting up the previews Abz. These are my first go and could be a lot better done by someone with the skills lol

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I may have realized a problem with the devo and dm(l) plugins,though I'm just speculating. The plugin game settings are different than gamecube settings. We won't be able to use nmm, widescreen patch, and we'll have to redo our categories. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I probably shouldn't feed the troll but my Mom always said if you don't have anything good to say don't say anything. :)

I never associated WiiFlow with a Mac-like interface but kind of see it with the dock at the bottom that auto-hides but frankly a scrolling display of images isn't unique to or designed by Apple.

You do know that WiiFlow supports themes right? And you can make it look pretty much like anything you want.

So basically i'm a ''troll'' for expressing my opinion over an homebrew app? mmkay.

And ''but frankly a scrolling display of images isn't unique to or designed by Apple.'' i didn't said that Wiiflow was developed by Apple.

USB Loader has got the same thing, but i'm more familiar with USB Loader rather than WiiFlow.

wiikey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Now that I remember what I'm going a little more this one ended up a little easier.

I present to you the Devolution Plugin r169

http://www.mediafire.com/?a6p41tp5jjqm835

This one doesn't need any prep. Obviously you can edit the INI file if you want it somewhere else for ISO files but the included one looks in the games folder just like the sample loader just that it can do sub-folders, too.

You will probably have all the ones in sub folders named "game.iso" but the normal WiiFlow way of loading actually recognizes it no matter what the name is so you can change that. The best part is that this way Devolution actually returns to WiiFlow in a GameCube coverflow instead of some other random plugin like before.
Just trying to setup devo plugin but it keeps showing my n64 roms any help please

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I think I may have realized a problem with the devo and dm(l) plugins,though I'm just speculating. The plugin game settings are different than gamecube settings. We won't be able to use nmm, widescreen patch, and we'll have to redo our categories. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
True about the settings ... at least for the DM(L) ones.
(Devolution just has a virtual memory card on/off setting ... and the plugin is just the sample loader which auto-detects that based on if there's a card in or not so that doesn't seem like that big a deal to me)
At least the for DM(L) it gives you 3 seconds to push A and change settings (but I know that's still not the same.)

As far as the categories, thanks for mentioning it. I think I'll have to add that to my "plugin-prep" app while I'm at it and have it just copy the existing categories from the GameCube section to the corresponding section of the plugins categories.
Here's the previews :)
Do I need to add anything to my set?
I see that "triforce" plugin in there. Are you reading my mind or something? :P

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Just trying to setup devo plugin but it keeps showing my n64 roms any help please
First thing that comes to mind, make sure the magic numbers aren't the same in both plugin INI files you're using and that you're using the right one when you set up the source_menu button.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So basically i'm a ''troll'' for expressing my opinion over an homebrew app? mmkay.

And ''but frankly a scrolling display of images isn't unique to or designed by Apple.'' i didn't said that Wiiflow was developed by Apple.

USB Loader has got the same thing, but i'm more familiar with USB Loader rather than WiiFlow.
Lets see - you jump on a forum for something you don't like and leave a turd and now compound that by posting more innane notes.

Yeah, I think you hit the definition of a troll pretty much dead on...

Stop wasting posts here unless you have something POSITIVE to contribute.

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Lets see - you jump on a forum for something you don't like and leave a turd and now compound that by posting more innane notes.

Yeah, I think you hit the definition of a troll pretty much dead on...

Stop wasting posts here unless you have something POSITIVE to contribute.
Lets see - i think you need to read a little better.
I hate trolls, i just came here to express your opinion BUT if you got problems with that just go ahead and click the ignore button for me 'K :)?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE