WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by zorglub07, Jan 17, 2010.

Jan 17, 2010

fledge68 New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    @reggie1978 Try reinstalling your d2x cios (rev 8 or 10 work the best). try making a emunand with modmii and then copy one savegame using wiiflow to your emunand and see if it works. You will have to select the game first and then go in it's settings to copy it's savegame to your emunand. If it works then try a few more. I stopped using emusaves because they never worked right for me. They worked but upon first access I usually had to watch the wii's drive light flash 18 - 20 times and a lot of times my emunand would get corrupted. whenever i did a checkdisk on my PC it would find errors with files related to my emunand. I just use real nand savegames now, it's much faster. And if I need more room I use savegame manager gx to backup some saves to my HDD and delete them from the realnand.

@Maxternal Great job on the new plugins! guess you got tired of waiting for me to add the partition option to the source menu buttons.

@AbdallahTerro Thanks for registering wiiflowiki. I wish I could keep up with it.

• Newcomer

marcioap1 New Member

Message Count:
    Brazil
    Do you mind publishing your coverflow parameters? I'd like to try it here. Thanks in advance.

Yepi69 GBATemp Pokemon, EarthBound, Mother3 Proud Fan Boy

Message Count:
    Portugal
    I really prefer USB Loader GX over Wii Flow, i don't really like much the Mac design.

fledge68 New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    So with vWii compatibility on WiiFlow for WiiU what exactly works and doesn't work? I know GameCube games don't work. Do all the plugins work or just some? what about emu nand and use neek option? Wanting to know this stuff for updating wiiflowiki. Thanks in advance.

AbdallahTerro da KiNG

Message Count:
    Lebanon
    Emulators work,
    Neek still not public so no neek stuff yet, but maybe this will change soon
    fledge68 likes this.

Maxternal Peanut Gallery Spokesman

Message Count:
    Costa Rica
    Actually, you could still RUN devolution with WiiFlow on a Wii U before with just the loader.bin file from devo source package placed in your /wiiflow folder. (Either way, controlling and verifying are still a problem but they're working on that.) The plugin just lets it look in a different folder, mix it with other emulator games, and have it return back to wiiflow in a GameCube coverflow.
    Actually, I've had the idea for a while. Didn't realize that added benefit until I was already done with them. ;)
    obviously neek isn't an option yet as Abz said ... but I don't know if anyone's tried dumping their vWii NAND and use the normal D2X method to run it yet. It could be something to test out.
    fledge68 likes this.

AbdallahTerro da KiNG

Message Count:
    Lebanon
    launching WW/VC with vWii-d2x works fine too, just neek and GC don't work yet
    luck_gh0st, fledge68 and Maxternal like this.
    • Newcomer

reggie1978 New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    @fledge68 Dude, I'd totally man-kiss you if it wasn't out of line! Turns out I went from d2x v6 straight to v9 and bypassed 8 completely. I installed v8 and that solved the problem. I only have one game that won't load via emusave now, and that's no big whoop. I'll just leave that one on real nand. Thanks a ton bud, you saved my bacon.
    fledge68 likes this.

Etheboss Official LULWUT supporter

Message Count:
    Netherlands
    I wonder why some people post these kind of messages in a thread of a loader they don't like..
    Is it frustration, envy...or what?

Message Count:
    Portugal
    WARNING! Spoilers inside!

Here's your answer :p1ng3:
    Last edited by Depravo, Jan 6, 2013. Reason: If you're going to include a massive image at least use spoiler tags. ~Dep

sdoc96 Creaky Old Stiff Member

Message Count:
    Australia
    Just had to post a thanks to devs.
    Since updating Wiiflow (r840), D2X (v10b53alt) I'm having so much more success running all sorts of NAND/neek2o related stuff such as game saves (no more hanging), wiiware/vc (especially the troublesome titles such as Bonsai Barber, etc.)
    Great work to all involved - awesome effort indeed. :)
    ToddofWar420 likes this.

wiimanofthenorth New Member

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    Just a quick question, is there any chance of a ftp server being put into wiiflow? I know this would be no use for getting disc games across etc. But zapping over changes to config files, covers, emu games etc this would be great for. I know wiixplorer has a ftp server and of course there is ftpii, but a one stop shop would be kinda nice.
    luck_gh0st and MassiveRican like this.

bostonBC New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    I probably shouldn't feed the troll but my Mom always said if you don't have anything good to say don't say anything. :)

I never associated WiiFlow with a Mac-like interface but kind of see it with the dock at the bottom that auto-hides but frankly a scrolling display of images isn't unique to or designed by Apple.

You do know that WiiFlow supports themes right? And you can make it look pretty much like anything you want.

bostonBC New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Good morning Fix - the new show game count is nice in r848.

It does seem to have broken the B+ change sort order though. If I press B and + to cycle through the sort orders nothing changes on screen but if I exit and re-run WiiFlow the correct sort order is displayed again.

wiimanofthenorth New Member

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    I've just been playing around with the Snes9xGX plugin, and when it comes to exiting the highlight colours are the wrong way around. The normal highlight colour is yellow, but when exiting, if OK is highlighted with yellow, it cancels and goes back to the Snes9xGx menu. I've pointed it out here, since it does say, 'Back to WiiFlow'.

Also, I've been trying scummvm out, and sadly loom doesn't work with voice audio. It does work though with scummvm 1.5 for the wii.
    Last edited by wiimanofthenorth, Jan 7, 2013
    • Newcomer

wiikey New Member

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    Last edited by wiikey, Jan 7, 2013

AbdallahTerro da KiNG

Message Count:
    Lebanon
    Here's the previews :)
    Do I need to add anything to my set?

[IMG]
    • Newcomer

wiikey New Member

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    Thanks for putting up the previews Abz. These are my first go and could be a lot better done by someone with the skills lol

drakorex New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    I think I may have realized a problem with the devo and dm(l) plugins,though I'm just speculating. The plugin game settings are different than gamecube settings. We won't be able to use nmm, widescreen patch, and we'll have to redo our categories. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Message Count:
    Portugal
    So basically i'm a ''troll'' for expressing my opinion over an homebrew app? mmkay.

And ''but frankly a scrolling display of images isn't unique to or designed by Apple.'' i didn't said that Wiiflow was developed by Apple.

USB Loader has got the same thing, but i'm more familiar with USB Loader rather than WiiFlow.

SPONSORED LINKS