WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by zorglub07, Jan 17, 2010.

Jan 17, 2010
    • Newcomer

vip New Member

Message Count:
    Germany
    Hi,

I also like WiiFlow the best of all loaders (mainly because of the nice 3D coverflow). Sadly there are no changes in the repository within the last few months.

Therefore I implemented two (and a half) additions in the source code which I am missing in the current release:

- Cheat code management (download cheats and automatically create .gct files)
    - Categories (to be able to filter the displayed covers)
    (- Automatic .dol update from the internet) - This is just a demo implementation so I did not always have to carry my SD card from my PC to my Wii for updating the test versions.

All of these changes have not been tested on any Wii except my own, but I thought I'd still share it with the community. Some detailed information can be found in the release notes inside the archive - there are quite some open issues in this release!

http://rapidshare.com/files/339749889/WiiF...ch1_package.zip

The source code can be found here:

http://rapidshare.com/files/339418006/WiiF...tch1_source.zip

The source is not checked in into the official site, but all changes are marked so a merge with addition from other coders should be doable.

Looking forward to hear whether these additions are also working anywhere else [IMG]

Blue-K No right of appeal.

Message Count:
    Switzerland
    Sounds awesome, and I would love to test, but I'm trying now for 30 Minutes to download this...but I can't. Stupid Rapidshare has too many Users. Can you do me a favor, and upload it to www.multiupload.com (maybe to all Hosters, just to be shure)? I'll test it then with pleashure...

fluffykiwi New Member

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    @vip Is it possible for users to test the demo implementation of auto .dol update, and if so where are the .dols being stored?

Thank you for adding to the loader!

Pakatus New Member

Message Count:
    Portugal

Glad...some dev's still look at this [IMG]
    Get in touch with zorglub07 and r-win.
    You might be a great addition to project

Looking forward for more updates from you [IMG]

Mirrored: http://www.multiupload.com/D6DKFZ3XQR
    • Newcomer

chappy23 New Member

Message Count:
    Germany
    wonderfull to see this projekt is still alive, i wish i have the time to make a few new thems and a forworder [IMG]

keep the work on

Pakatus New Member

Message Count:
    Portugal

Been testing out a little.
    Everything seems to work nicelly...just some issues with Graphical themes that need to be fixed.
    In the categories menu...there is a empty button..and in the cheat manager after download...maybe the fields before the buttons need to be fixed, or else all text becomes garbled.

Concerning to the update...it kinda "worked" saying i had the last version [IMG]

Goodwork...i guess you could contact with Zorglub to help out merging your stuff for R28

Jiiwah New Member

Message Count:
    France
    excellent, wonderful, that's exactly the option I wanted category.
    I run my Homebrews and WiiWare thanks to Wiiflow, now I can tell them apart.

Can you put a parental code on categories? So that my children can not run Wad Manager by example [IMG]

Or make an option to categorize the ISO as compared to their GameID. All homebrew ISOs GameID are "C? P00 or C? E00", WiiWare 'W? P00, and Virtual Console ...See Here.

We hope you continue to make us happy.

Skater4599 New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    @vip

I've started testing some more on your mod its great, I would like to say THANK YOU, its great. I cant get the category thing working on the default theme but im sure this has to do with the theme needing updated to work with it?

One more question for you or anyone, is it possible to add the home menu from Usb loader GX, for some reason i always wanted it instead of just straight exit, this way i can choose whether to exit to HBC or wii menu very easily, thanks again!

Matt93 New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Awesome loader! Just discovered this and switched to it. It looks amazing.
    • Newcomer

vip New Member

Message Count:
    Germany
    Hi,

thanks for the feedback. I'm glad that (some) enhancements seem to work on other systems, too [IMG]

Right now the .dol's for the upgrades are stored on my personal web server. Someone (Narolez?) has already set the update source path in the source code to http://wiiflow.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/updates, so we should use that location in the future.

It's strange that the new buttons are not shown correctly on some systems. At least the "default" theme should look ok (but maybe there is an .ini file in the sd:/wiiflow folder on some systems which changes positions... [IMG]) - I'm aware that all other themes might look strange (but I wanted "cheats on/off" and the cheat manager button to be shown on the same config page.

Parental codes should still work as they used to do, so if the system is locked only those titles are shown for a category, which are not marked as adult.

So far next steps for me are mainly to stabilize and clean up the existing enhancements, but I'll keep my eyes open for improvement requirements which are doable for me.

Regards,

vip

giantpune New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    the home menu from GX relies on libwiigui. somebody would have to rewrite it to use whatever framework hibern is using to display graphics and handle button presses. its not really a trivial task.

uberbdon New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Quite a few people have had problems with Wiiflow waking up their hard drive, especially if they had Seagate Freeagents. Narolez seemed to fix this problem using this: http://www.multiupload.com/EHO3TMJT91

If whoever is working on wiiflow now could implement whatever code is added to that version to wake up the HD's, that'd be awesome.

Here is the Wiiflow google code page with the reported issues if it helps http://code.google.com/p/wiiflow/issues/detail?id=58

Thanks

Pakatus New Member

Message Count:
    Portugal

That should be already added to svn i guess...
    • Newcomer

Captain Gynu New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Wiiflow is my favorite usb loader. It's sexy 3d covers, and random .ogg playlist is what keeps me using it.
    The only thing I would request is something that can configure ocarina cheats. I have to go onto usb loader gx if I want to select certain cheats.

uberbdon New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Already added to svn? Not sure what you mean. I tried the newest revision and it doesnt work like the version I posted does.

Pakatus New Member

Message Count:
    Portugal
    That version you're talking about is beta 2 of R27. Still implemented by Narolez...yet not released as a revision.
    However, i believe that code is already in the svn.

uberbdon New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    i still dont know what you mean by "already in the svn"

Pakatus New Member

Message Count:
    Portugal

http://code.google.com/p/wiiflow/source/checkout

uberbdon New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    that still doesnt make any sense to me. isn't that a terminal command in linux or something? I'm just wondering why it hasn't been added to a revision yet.

pepxl GFX W!Z4RD

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    this is the source code for those who want to compile the app themselves using devkit
SPONSORED LINKS