Hacking WiiFlow 4 The Masterpiece Pack by Abz

zebasdeku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
PLEASE HELPME and sorry for my english, when i try to load the n64 emulator from wiiflow master mod pack, cant save the game ''' failed to save,'''' but when i load from homebrew channel the emulator everything ok why?

yonu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry if this came up already but any ideas on this mod what would cause random stack dumps I get them on laoding wiiflow and browsing covers any thoughts I have installed the prereqs I have the wiiflow folders on my usb hdd if this matters.

Thanks,
yonu

Edu64

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Hello! The wiiflow download link is down, any way to download it?
I am interested in the "wiiflow" with this characteristic:
Updated wiiflow dols by replacing" USB HID Controller "with" Disable HDD Ping
Thank you!

modbrain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica

I now have everything set up with Wiiflow & Emunand.

The known problem:

When i start Castlevania Rebirth (Wiiware) it goes to black screen after "Konami" Logo.

So i go to the 'per-game-settings' and select "start this game in neek2o mode" to "yes".

Now i select the game again and it goes strait to black screen (i have to hold the power button to shut down wii).

Any suggestions?

milestonebass

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@AbdallahTerro just wanted to give you a shout out for an awesome masterpiece pack! For me, your setup shed a lot of light on how everything should be configured and hang together (and no doubt saved me many many hours of setup). I am having endless amounts of fun reliving Atari classics and playing things like Medal of Honor (PSX) - all on a Wii!

Many thanks :yaywii:

modbrain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
Hello.

I get a little confused with setting up the "wiimednafen/PC-ENGINE/TurboGrafix 16" stuff in Wiiflow.

In Abz' directory to Mednafen it's like this:

LYNX
NGP
PCE
(PC-Engine)
PCFX (PC FX)
SGFX (SuperGrafx)
TD (Turbo-Duo)

I put my (US+JAP) HU-card games inside "PCE"
I put my (US+JAP) CD games inside "TD"

But when i choose "PC-Engine" from the Source Menu in Wiiflow it displays me ALL games (PC-Engine + CD / TurboGrafx 16 + CD / even SuperGrafx)
When i choose "Turbo-Duo" from Source Menu it shows me only the CD games, like it should.

So i checked the diffrent rom directory:

displayname=Mednafen PCE
romdir=wiimednafen/roms

displayname=WiiMednafen PCECD
romdir=wiimednafen/roms/TD / .cue

displayname=PCFX
romdir=wiimednafen/roms/PCFX / .cue

displayname=WiiMednafen SGFX
romdir=wiimednafen/roms/SGFX / .pce|.zip

Maybe i should add the red marks to the command line? Like this:

displayname=Mednafen PCE
romdir=wiimednafen/roms/PCE

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello.

I get a little confused with setting up the "wiimednafen/PC-ENGINE/TurboGrafix 16" stuff in Wiiflow.

In Abz' directory to Mednafen it's like this:

I put my (US+JAP) HU-card games inside "PCE"
I put my (US+JAP) CD games inside "TD"

But when i choose "PC-Engine" from the Source Menu in Wiiflow it displays me ALL games (PC-Engine + CD / TurboGrafx 16 + CD / even SuperGrafx)
When i choose "Turbo-Duo" from Source Menu it shows me only the CD games, like it should.

So i checked the diffrent rom directory:

Maybe i should add the red marks to the command line? Like this:

displayname=Mednafen PCE
romdir=wiimednafen/roms/PCE

yes add the /pce to the first one.

Reactions: modbrain

Randyslim76

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First things first............WOW!

ok now that's out of the way... :) I am a complete noob with the modding of a Wii. I have been working with the original Xbox for over a year now and I love the old box of mine now.
I ran across a video about Wiiflow and was intrigued. Now I've found out that the Wii runs N64 games extremely well compared to my old Xbox. I have been working on a unified Core list per version of Xbox for awhile. It feels like a lost cause because of the constant testing of all the seperate cores available. Since the Xbox has different hardware between launch and final 1.6 release I almost pulled my hair out.
I was extremely pleased to see that the Wii as far as I know doesn't have these problems.

So as I rattle on and on I just wanted to see if HELP was still available for those masterpiece Edtion?

Like I said I completely understand the old Xbox but the SD cards, USB, and nand are new to me. Thanks for reading and hope to understand all of this soon.

modbrain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
From my research, N64 games only run well when they come dirctly from Nintendo's Virtual Console. The N64 emulators (Not64) should only be able to run a handfull games allright (one of them was Banjo Kazuie if i remember correctly).

But that is only what i read - haven't testet the emulator myself.

Randyslim76

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a step by step instructions on how to go from stock to full setup of masterpiece?
So far I installed priloader, bootmii, latest homebrew channel and browser. I used Wiimod and Wiimodlite to install all the wads in masterpiece.
Side note ---- I downloaded all the wiiware SNES, GENESIS, and NES and tried extracting them using Wiimod but it extracted directly to the internal storage and filled up.....I wanted them in my USB but I moved them manually from the system menu. Any easier way to move them or extract them to the SD or preferably the USB I would ever be so grateful.
I extracted the nand and got the wiiware games to show up. I cannot get a single one to boot. When I mess with the settings of the games I either get a purple screen which you can hear the sounds of the system menu in the background or Wiiflow reboots.
I've tried opening the SNES in plugins on Wilfow and I get a section that says select partition but I don't know where or what it wants from me. Does it need games to open? I'm guessing it's not like a seperate emulator it's like a frontend of emulators.
Sorry if I sound ignorant but I am sorta lost and need a little push in the right direction to even be able to ask the right questions. Thank you very much for reading my banter. :D

Last edited by Randyslim76,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended