Hacking WiiFlow 4 The Masterpiece Pack by Abz

Tyyco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks Tyyco, yea i read up on the .ini files, but what is the correct syntax to put in the .ini to tell it load the roms from the usb drive?

It will take its lead from the default location for Wii and Gamecube (so USB 1 Part 0)

So no need to nominate USB in the argument.

Just think of USB as the default environment (device) that Wiiflow will look in.

Take this example for NES;

[PLUGIN]
displayname=FCEUltraGX
magic=46434555
coverfolder=fceugx
dolfile=fceugx-mod12.dol
romdir=fceugx/roms
filetypes=.nes|.fds|.nsf|.unf|.nez|.unif|.zip|.7z
consolecoverid=nintendo
covercolor=ff0000
bannersound=nes.ogg
arguments={device}:/{path}|{name}|{loader}
Throw your NES Roms in the fceugx/roms directory and they will work (who needs a NES-Mini)

Then if you want your boxart for your emulators to show, follow below;

Everything must be done in the wiiflow folder. (Note: The one that exists outside of the apps folder.)

Make a folder for each emulator placed in each cover section.
(and place your cover images within the appropriate folder)

for example: SNES games using snes9xgx
2D covers go in wiiflow/covers/snesgx9x and 3D covers go in wiiflow/boxcovers/snes9xgx.

The image must have the extension in it's name, so if you have the file: 'super mario world.smc' then the image will be named 'super mario world.smc.png'

mastershoes Cover link:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/cover-collections-for-emulators-with-cover-support.324714/

There is a program called Fuzzy Rename that helps with batch conversions. see:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/fuzzy-rename-ext-now-wiiflow-friendly.342744/

Last edited by Tyyco,

tallpr24

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tyyco, you really know your stuff!!
so for Mame, I simply create a folder in the root of usb called Mame/roms (as the .ini for Mame says). Ok i will try that. I think the only thing i didnt do was create a folder called "roms" in the Mame folder.
Ill give that a try and report back.
thanks again!!

tallpr24

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ABZ is the creator of wiiflow masterpack. If he is reading this, thank you for a great product. This type of work deserves it. How can i donate to his work?

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the new version of ios58 allows for a USB device to be used in each port ???

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

IOS 58 doesn't care which USB port a device is plugged in. It's the patches applied to it in the case of apps like Nintendont or the version of the custom IOS it is based on that deals with that. The actual IOS 58 doesn't contain any code to access USB drives.

Most Wii cIOSes require you use the first port (port 0.) d2x v10 beta 53 will allow you to use either one but it has compatibility issues with games.

Reactions: wantboost

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm assuming that would be the d2x patches

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Yes. They're what actually adds the support for USB storage drives to the console. Nintendont works similarly but it loads the real IOS58 then patches it before handing control over to it.

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hi, i bought an used wii recently and it's unhacked. How do i begin the process? It's version is 4.3U.

I have an external HDD, a non-SDHC card, and a flashdrive but I don't have internet access at home. Is there an offline guide I can follow? I don't think using my phone as a hotspot is something recommendable.

Last edited by Alex658,

ca032769

INFOCOM Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, i bought and used wii recently and it's unhacked. How do i begin the process? It's version is 4.3U.

I have and external HDD, a non-SDHC card, and a flashdrive but I don't have internet access at home. Is there an offline guide I can follow? I don't think using my phone as a hotspot is something recommendable.

I'd use ModMii, here's the forum link: http://gbatemp.net/threads/modmii-for-windows-official-support-topic.207126/

I've used ModMii on about a dozen Wiis and never had a problem.

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Hi, i bought and used wii recently and it's unhacked. How do i begin the process? It's version is 4.3U.

I have and external HDD, a non-SDHC card, and a flashdrive but I don't have internet access at home. Is there an offline guide I can follow? I don't think using my phone as a hotspot is something recommendable.

There's not really any guide needed. Just take your MAC address from your Wii (found in internet settings), put it in at please.hackmii.com, check "bundle the HackMii installer for me!" checkbox, then after the robot check click either wire to cut. The radio switch that has the different versions, but you should just leave it at 4.3U. Unzip the files onto your SD, then go on the wii menu and check your mail. You should have a red letter. Open it. Eventually a menu comes up. Install homebrew channel. From here, all you need to do is add some apps by putting the apps in /apps on your SD card.

EDIT: you can also do ca032769's reply.

Last edited by banjo2,

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
There's not really any guide needed. Just take your MAC address from your Wii (found in internet settings), put it in at please.hackmii.com, check "bundle the HackMii installer for me!" checkbox, then after the robot check click either wire to cut. The radio switch that has the different versions, but you should just leave it at 4.3U. Unzip the files onto your SD, then go on the wii menu and check your mail. You should have a red letter. Open it. Eventually a menu comes up. Install homebrew channel. From here, all you need to do is add some apps by putting the apps in /apps on your SD card.

EDIT: you can also do ca032769's reply.

Can you elaborate a little further?
Can i do this remotely or do I specifically need to have my wii connected to the internet?
I want to enable USB loading, GCN emulation (that's Nintendon't right?) Does it work with .isos or how does it do?

I have read what was found on this guide, but I found it to be internet dependant for everything and i'm not exactly sure how to follow it: https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...backup-wii-gamecube-and-wiiware-games.360687/

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Can i do this remotely or do I specifically need to have my wii connected to the internet?
I want to enable USB loading, GCN emulation (that's Nintendon't right?) Does it work with .isos or how does it do?

I have read what was found on this guide, but I found it to be internet dependant for everything and i'm not exactly sure how to follow it: https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...backup-wii-gamecube-and-wiiware-games.360687/

It needs no internet once you've downloaded the zip from please.hackmii.com. To load GC games you'll need either DIOS-MIOS, Nintendont, or Devolution. Nintendont is the favorite for most people. DIOS-MIOS is installed onto your Wii, though doesn't have as many features as Nintendont. To back up games, you'll need a USB loader. I suggest WiiFlow MasterMod or CFG Mod. I backup my games with CFG usually. I think you may need to install D2X cIOS249 and IOS58 for most/some things on CFG or Wiiflow to work. Use an app called WiiMod to download and install IOS58 and an app called D2X cIOS Installer to install cIOS249. Installing from the NUS on WiiMod and D2XcIOS Installer uses internet. Has this answered your questions?

Last edited by banjo2,

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You don't need the console connected to the internet if you've got the files from either please.hackmii.com or ModMii. Installing homebrew apps only requires copying them to SD or a HDD.

If you've never modded a Wii before it would be better to get the HBC channel on your console then come back on how to boot GC and Wii games from HDD once it's working. There is no need to use that DMLizzard to tool mentioned in the guide. You also shouldn't need to install IOS58 at all. Just upgrade the console via the settings to 4.3 before you start and you will have everything.

EDIT: If you're already using 4.3 you only need HackMii installer and custom IOSes.

Last edited by GreyWolf,

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Last edited by Alex658,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.