Hacking WiiFlow 4 The Masterpiece Pack by Abz

JasonH

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My older version of WiiFlow Masterpiece crashed after my hard drive failed so i stared over fresh by downloading V4.2.3 and now the startup loading time is super slow and also when i exit out of each emulator it carries me back to the wii main menu. I tryed to work on the settings to see if i could get it to return back to WiiFlow but i cannot figure this out. Is there a simple solution to this problem? What am i doing wrong?

JasonH

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nevermind, I fixed it. I didnt realise that the Forwarder channel had anything to do with it. I installed another forwarder a while back and i never got around to testing it. It worked loading wiiflow so i never questioned whether or not this could be the problem and it was. I installed the forwarder in the masterpiece pack and it loads and returns just fine.

Reactions: AbdallahTerro

t.h.c

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im trying figure best way to play movies on wiiflow I'm using smb but I see encoding needed for stream or is ftp is better just wanted know what people using

Sent from my A462C using Tapatalk

Tyyco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys,

A question about uneek and modmii. Last night I decided to create a new emunand (changed hard drives so decided to go new everything). Went through the whole modmii build (as decribed by Abdallah here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/wiiflow-mod-and-emunand.333219/ )

When the process finished, modmii simply closed down and when I read one of the text files within one of the folders there is an reported error:

nswitch missing.

Has anyone got any idea why? 3 weeks ago I built a emunand without issue. Could the repository be down? Can I add nswitch as a .wad?

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Tyyco,

Tyyco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Abz,

Any idea why when I exit a WiiWare game from neek20 in Wiiflow, the system is crashing (Wii light just pulses)

It use to work like this; Start Wiiflow from real nand > Start any Wiiware in neek2o mode > Exit game > back to Wiiflow on neek2o nand.

Now the it crashes instead of returning to neek2o nand.

Any ideas?

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Abz,

Any idea why when I exit a WiiWare game from neek20 in Wiiflow, the system is crashing (Wii light just pulses)

It use to work like this; Start Wiiflow from real nand > Start any Wiiware in neek2o mode > Exit game > back to Wiiflow on neek2o nand.

Now the it crashes instead of returning to neek2o nand.

Any ideas?
check that the hidden loader channel, wiiflow forwarder and nswitch channels are installed on neek nand and that return to "wiiflow" option is on when wiiflow is running in neek2o mode

PS> reinstalling those channels using showmiiwad won't hurt too :)

Tyyco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
check that the hidden loader channel, wiiflow forwarder and nswitch channels are installed on neek nand and that return to "wiiflow" option is on when wiiflow is running in neek2o mode

PS> reinstalling those channels using showmiiwad won't hurt too

Ok did all that and this is what is happening.

Deleted my old emunand.

I copied your EU pre-made nand from your latest master pack. I install 2 games. 1 needs emunad, 1 does not.

I can start neek2o from its channel but then if I start an application the wii willfreeze. for instance, if I start snort48, it will freeze. once I hard start the wii, neek20 will load automatically and snort48 will load on screen.

When I start neek2o and then run BacktoNand on the channel, the wii will freeze. then after a hard start, you can see it finish the process and start the wii normally.

Abz, is there a another download sourse for your premade nands?

Abz have you any idea what may be going on?

My big concern is a glitch on the actual wii nand and no real way of finding out where, why or how to fix.

Thanks again.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
since you're not using all the files in the pack it's hard to tell.
neek2o needs /sneek folder in device root
if you are not using the one in the pack then copy them over yours
if you already are using these files then try an older revision of neek2o (from _alternate_stuff folder)

Naguz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I have a slight issue with getting this up and running. Without Windows, I am unable to install WADS to emunand. Googling only gives me the advise to use ShowMiiWads, which is not a solution for me obviously, being Windows only. WAD Manager won't work for me when I try to install to emunand, Is there any wad managers that currently works and works with the NAND from the Masterpiece Pack?

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
I have a slight issue with getting this up and running. Without Windows, I am unable to install WADS to emunand. Googling only gives me the advise to use ShowMiiWads, which is not a solution for me obviously, being Windows only. WAD Manager won't work for me when I try to install to emunand, Is there any wad managers that currently works and works with the NAND from the Masterpiece Pack?
showmiiwads is windows app!
there is wiimod lite in the pack that can be used to do this trick too

Tyyco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
since you're not using all the files in the pack it's hard to tell.
neek2o needs /sneek folder in device root
if you are not using the one in the pack then copy them over yours
if you already are using these files then try an older revision of neek2o (from _alternate_stuff folder)

Abz, a lot a mucking about last night , reinstall, reinstall, reinstall. it is all working properly again. I cant say what fixed it, for anyone else having the same problem, as I am not sure myself.

I just want to thank you Abz, for your patients and actually replying with useful information. Your dedication to your mod should be congratulated.

You are a champion.

Thanks

Reactions: AbdallahTerro

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Abz, a lot a mucking about last night , reinstall, reinstall, reinstall. it is all working properly again. I cant say what fixed it, for anyone else having the same problem, as I am not sure myself.

I just want to thank you Abz, for your patients and actually replying with useful information. Your dedication to your mod should be congratulated.

You are a champion.

Thanks
Thanks, You're welcome
Glad it's fixed now
My last advice would be to make an emunand backup (including the sneek folder)
Cheers :)

Naguz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
showmiiwads is windows app!
there is wiimod lite in the pack that can be used to do this trick too
Yes, and that is my problem.

I have tried wiimod lite, but it does not show any option of installing wads to emunand (the nand on usb). YAWMM does give me the option to install to nand if I reload the app with IOS249, but it fails installing with "ret = -106". Seeing as the guide requires you to install sveral wads to emunand, I'm kind of stuck.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, and that is my problem.

I have tried wiimod lite, but it does not show any option of installing wads to emunand (the nand on usb). YAWMM does give me the option to install to nand if I reload the app with IOS249, but it fails installing with "ret = -106". Seeing as the guide requires you to install sveral wads to emunand, I'm kind of stuck.

Either connect your drive to your PC and use ShowMiiWads or you can get USB Loader GX and use its built in WAD installer to copy it to your emulated folder.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: :rofl2: