Hacking WiiFlow 4 The Masterpiece Pack by Abz

Tyyco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for that.

For anyone else who is having the same trouble:

Everything must be done in the wiiflow folder. (Note: The one that exists outside of the apps folder.)

Make a folder for each emulator placed in each cover section.
(and place your cover images within the appropriate folder)

for example: SNES games using snes9xgx

2D covers go in wiiflow/covers/snesgx9x and 3D covers go in wiiflow/boxcovers/snes9xgx.

The image must have the extension in it's name, so if you have the file: 'super mario world.smc' then the image will be named 'super mario world.smc.png'

mastershoes Cover link:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/cover-collections-for-emulators-with-cover-support.324714/

There is a program called Fuzzy Rename that helps with batch conversions. see:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/fuzzy-rename-ext-now-wiiflow-friendly.342744/

I hope this can help anyone else out there to get their covers to show from other emulators.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Next question:

I have seen some mods of the favorites page showing icons for the categories. Has anyone got information or a link to edit that information?

Thanks again.

Last edited by Tyyco,

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for that.

For anyone else who is having the same trouble:

Everything must be done in the wiiflow folder. (Note: The one that exists outside of the apps folder.)

Make a folder for each emulator placed in each cover section.
(and place your cover images within the appropriate folder)

for example: SNES games using snes9xgx

2D covers go in wiiflow/covers/snesgx9x and 3D covers go in wiiflow/boxcovers/snes9xgx.

The image must have the extension in it's name, so if you have the file: 'super mario world.smc' then the image will be named 'super mario world.smc.png'

mastershoes Cover link:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/cover-collections-for-emulators-with-cover-support.324714/

There is a program called Fuzzy Rename that helps with batch conversions. see:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/fuzzy-rename-ext-now-wiiflow-friendly.342744/

I hope this can help anyone else out there to get their covers to show from other emulators.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Next question:

I have seen some mods of the favorites page showing icons for the categories. Has anyone got information or a link to edit that information?

Thanks again.
https://sites.google.com/site/wiiflowiki4/

https://sites.google.com/site/wiiflowiki4/categories

Reactions: AbdallahTerro

Tyyco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Questions:

1.) I put a 'file.ogg' in the music folder and it plays while in Wiiflow (very groovy) however when I start a game, Wiiflow crashes and restarts. Is there a maximum file size that can be played or is it just buggy and not worthwhile?

2.) Last night I was thinking about the speed Wiiflow is now loading (I have a substantial collection of WBFS files). I have everything on my USB/HDD. Would it be better for the system to have Wiiflow reside on the SD card and only store and run the game files from the HDD?

3.) And lastly; I have been reading up on using EmuNand and Neek2o to free up as much memory as I can on the physical Wii. I would assume I need to delete the Wiiflow forwarder before I even attempt going this way. If I delete the forwarder in the physical Wii-Settings-Data-Channels menu, will it delete the hidden forwarder as well?

Thanks again

Last edited by Tyyco,

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Questions:

1.) I put a 'file.ogg' in the music folder and it plays while in Wiiflow (very groovy) however when I start a game, Wiiflow crashes and restarts. Is there a maximum file size that can be played or is it just buggy and not worthwhile?

2.) Last night I was thinking about the speed Wiiflow is now loading (I have a substantial collection of WBFS files). I have everything on my USB/HDD. Would it be better for the system to have Wiiflow reside on the SD card and only store and run the game files from the HDD?

3.) And lastly; I have been reading up on using EmuNand and Neek2o to free up as much memory as I can on the physical Wii. I would assume I need to delete the Wiiflow forwarder before I even attempt going this way. If I delete the forwarder in the physical Wii-Settings-Data-Channels menu, will it delete the hidden forwarder as well?

Thanks again
1. I remember using this feature with no problems, but I can for sure tell you thatwiiflow will not be able to handle big files since it already has many memory management bugs due to the little amount or ram the wii has.
2. if the sd card is fast aka class 10+ then why not otherwise USB only setup should do the trick
3. No need to delete anything just use my tutorial to get WW/VC run off emunand it only needs extracting nand zip file and copy the games via PC tool

Haloman800

a real gril
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Abz, how do I launch games using Neek?

2nd question, under emunand, it only gives me options for "Play" and "Back", I can't enter settings, how do I fix this?
video:

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Abz, how do I launch games using Neek?

2nd question, under emunand, it only gives me options for "Play" and "Back", I can't enter settings, how do I fix this?
video:

that looks like the banner should be playing full screen but its not. try just clicking in the middle of the screen that should change the size of the banner to small in the upper right with the settings buttons below it. i have no idea why the banner isn't playing.

Haloman800

a real gril
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that looks like the banner should be playing full screen but its not. try just clicking in the middle of the screen that should change the size of the banner to small in the upper right with the settings buttons below it. i have no idea why the banner isn't playing.
Clicking the top right corner got the settings to show back up! Thanks!!

One other question; is it possible to get a game to return to the loader when launching with Neek2o?

Last edited by Haloman800,

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

One other question; is it possible to get a game to return to the loader when launching with Neek2o?

I don't think that's possible. It was something the author was working on but it didn't work. You can always use Priiloader to boot directly to a dol version of the WiiFlow forwarder and it will look like it's returning. :)

Haloman800

a real gril
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think that's possible. It was something the author was working on but it didn't work. You can always use Priiloader to boot directly to a dol version of the WiiFlow forwarder and it will look like it's returning. :)
My wii boots directly into WiiFlow using Priiloader. I even contacted the author (DacoTaco) and he made a version where shutting down the console returns to WiiFlow.. But neither of these works with neek2o, it always boots into the neek system menu

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to install the neek2o channel to your dumped NAND and have the loader set the return-to to it. that will cause the title to return to the channel and it will reboot to the real NAND.

I'm not sure that WiiFlow has been patched to be able to do that, though. It's a feature that was in NEEK2O but not the original NEEK.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country

yes if you have wiiflow forwarder AND wiiflow hidden channel v2 installed on emunand with the "return to" option set correctly in wiiflow settings

vEN2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
so strange. In your pack Retroarch for me did not work (in new pack and old pack). But when i changed cores to RetroArch 0.9.9 - everything works fine. Play on USB HDD drive without SD card. So, if Retroarch plugin not work - try 0.9.9 :-)

Reactions: AbdallahTerro

Tyyco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wow, that was one big weekend. A fair bit of breath holding, but I have very successfully got emunand up and running. Your guide was very helpful Abz. :)

But of course there are questions;

In your guide you recommend:

Tip: When everything works fine, backup \sneek\nandcfg.bin and \nands\pl_xx\title\00000001\00000002\data\settings.txt. You might need them to repair trouble later

Tip: you can also use a PC to set these 2 files to "read only" using file property or attrib command, this might prevent corruption.

1.) Now I can find the files easily but I also have the same 'pl_xx\title\00000001\00000002\data\settings.txtsettings.txt' file in wiiflow\nandemu folder, should that be read only as well?

2.) Once these files are 'read only', do I need to set them back to open if I extract more wads to the emunand?

3.) This is the big one, when I did all this I was flying blind and was unsure of the outcome. When I set up neek2o, I didn't add (forgot) the Homebrew Channel ,Wiiflow and hidden channel forwarders. Now when I go to neeko2o, I don't have anyway to add them as there is no HBC. This is not a real issues as I am not a huge fan of neek2o interface and everything is working great from running Wiiflow from nand.

I was thinking that ShowMiiwads maybe able to extract these forwarder wads to neek2o, but I don't want to break anything.

However is there a way to add these forwarders to neek2o after the initial build?

4.) On a different tack, is there a Game and Watch emulator that works as a plugin with Wiiflow?

Thanks again

Last edited by Tyyco,

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Wow, that was one big weekend. A fair bit of breath holding, but I have very successfully got emunand up and running. Your guide was very helpful Abz. :)

But of course there are questions;

In your guide you recommend:

Tip: When everything works fine, backup \sneek\nandcfg.bin and \nands\pl_xx\title\00000001\00000002\data\settings.txt. You might need them to repair trouble later

Tip: you can also use a PC to set these 2 files to "read only" using file property or attrib command, this might prevent corruption.

1.) Now I can find the files easily but I also have the same 'pl_xx\title\00000001\00000002\data\settings.txtsettings.txt' file in wiiflow\nandemu folder, should that be read only as well?

2.) Once these files are 'read only', do I need to set them back to open if I extract more wads to the emunand?

3.) This is the big one, when I did all this I was flying blind and was unsure of the outcome. When I set up neek2o, I didn't add (forgot) the Homebrew Channel ,Wiiflow and hidden channel forwarders. Now when I go to neeko2o, I don't have anyway to add them as there is no HBC. This is not a real issues as I am not a huge fan of neek2o interface and everything is working great from running Wiiflow from nand.

I was thinking that ShowMiiwads maybe able to extract these forwarder wads to neek2o, but I don't want to break anything.

However is there a way to add these forwarders to neek2o after the initial build?

4.) On a different tack, is there a Game and Watch emulator that works as a plugin with Wiiflow?

Thanks again
You won't need those setting files most probably even setting them to read only is not a biggie
Showmiiwads can easily install any wads to your emunand via Pc this won't break anything hopefully
As for Game and Watch I have a dol but never tested it yet, might add it later if I feel like it

Tyyco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Help!

I don't know what I have done. Nintendont wont autoload from Wiiflow, it keeps going to its setup screen, when I reset the setting (press B), they dont stick.

I have looked for a .ini but nothing that looks like it will store Nintendont setting. Another thing Wiiflow will not download Game Cube banners.

It was all working flawlessly, now I seemed to of broken the setting!

Any help would be ever so appreciated.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Help!

I don't know what I have done. Nintendont wont autoload from Wiiflow, it keeps going to its setup screen, when I reset the setting (press B), they dont stick.

I have looked for a .ini but nothing that looks like it will store Nintendont setting. Another thing Wiiflow will not download Game Cube banners.

It was all working flawlessly, now I seemed to of broken the setting!

Any help would be ever so appreciated.
download both wiiflow and nintendont using the links in my sig:
http://nintendont.gxarena.com/banners/wiiflow_mastermod_wiiuwide.7z
http://nintendont.gxarena.com/themes/boot.dol

Reactions: Tyyco

Tyyco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Thanks. Banners still failing (would deleting wiiflow.ini help?) but basically back to normal. Any reason it corrupted?

and now the mandatory dumb question:)

Can you run the Triforce games from a separate button (like the triforce .png) (but still using nintendont) in the source menu? Same as how you can split gb/gbc and gba roms in vbagx?

Abdullah, you have been a great help, thanks ever so much :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FzVN9kIUNxw +1