Hacking WiiFlow 4 The Masterpiece Pack by Abz

Vans1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sorry to be the nub,

Which slot is the DIOS MIOS slot? In other words, in which slot should i install DIOS MIOS?
What is a clean BC6 and where to I find it?

Thanks in advance

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I know i'm a newcomer, but as far as I know the DIOS MIOS slot is just goes in the MIOS slot. Not exactly a cIOS slot. But if you replace the MIOS with DIOS MIOS, your disc channel experience may change. You should install it as the MIOS slot. I am not sure what it means by 'clean' BC6, but BC6, I think, is basically part of the MIOS. You can install and download BC6 with WiiMod (included in the full pack).

Last edited by banjo2,

Vans1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I know i'm a newcomer, but as far as I know the DIOS MIOS slot is just goes in the MIOS slot. Not exactly a cIOS slot. But if you replace the MIOS with DIOS MIOS, your disc channel experience may change. You should install it as the MIOS slot. I am not sure what it means by 'clean' BC6, but BC6, I think, is basically part of the MIOS. You can install download and BC6 with WiiMod (included in the full pack).

I have no idea what the MIOS slot is, im sorry.
I read in some guide i should use IOS236? is this right?

Last edited by Vans1,

Vans1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm getting black screen when loading Gamecube games. I saw on youtube i need to change Gamecube loader to Devolution. I guess i need to install Devo_169.rar then if i read the #1 forum post right.

From the #1 post: To use Devolution extract Devo_169.rar as is into root folder. loader.bin is in WiiFlow folder

Where can i find the Devo_169.rar?

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
You don't actually NEED to use Devolution. You can use whatever the MIOS is (DIOS-MIOS, CMIOS), you could use Devolution, like you are asking about, or Nintendont. All have worked fine or almost fine. But just so you know Devolution doesn't support codes. Also, here's a copy of Devolution. It may be outdated. http://www.tueidj.net/gc_devo.zip

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
unless you are not using the pack as is, Nintendont mastermod is the default GC loader and should be set already when using Wiiflow mastermods.
to install it manually make sure you have /apps/Nintendont/boot.dol on board
In Wiiflow GC mode select "Nintendont" as default loader if not set already
Force IOS 249 in wiiflow startup settings in case you get black screen on boot
P.S Nintendont has cheats support and all cheat codes are already preinstalled in the pack (for all games not just GC stuff)

Last edited by AbdallahTerro,

Toter402

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I seem to be having issues with snes9xgx plug ins for not64 and snes9xgx; they give me that select partition screen. I'm using d2x v10 53 alt. Fceugx seems fine, although the covers seem to download when not in abz theme, but doesn't show, and only generic NES box arts with the theme. I don't understand what dosbox is or what gamelistgenerator.Bat is used for. Should I expect covers for NES and other older game emulators besides those nice custom generic box arts?

Last edited by Toter402,

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I seem to be having issues with snes9xgx plug ins for not64 and snes9xgx; they give me that select partition screen. I'm using d2x v10 53 alt. Fceugx seems fine, although the covers seem to download when not in abz theme, but doesn't show, and only generic NES box arts with the theme. I don't understand what dosbox is or what gamelistgenerator.Bat is used for. Should I expect covers for NES and other older game emulators besides those nice custom generic box arts?
generic covers for fceugx when you use Abz's carbonik theme are normal. you have to manually download covers on your PC for plugin games. wiiflow can only download covers for Wii, GameCube, Wiiware/VC.

For setting up your roms and covers follow this guide - https://sites.google.com/site/wiiflowiki4/plugins-setup
Get covers here - https://gbatemp.net/threads/cover-collections-for-emulators-with-cover-support.324714/

as for changing partitions for snes9xgx and n64 - just change the partition to SD or USB1, the one where you put your roms. it shouldn't ask you anymore after that.

Toter402

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did manage to come Accross that page last night; NES covers work great. I still have problems with snes9xgx. I run everything from USB. I tried replacing my snes9xgx with the dol from the pack and it works fine by itself just no roms in wiiflow. I also noticed that the snes9xgx plug in ini was "snes9x-gx.ini" I tried renaming it without the dash like it is in the ini. I tried putting the app folder containing roms, cheats, saves in the root. Named according to the above with and without dash.... IDK. Start over with a fresh pack? Just keep cover folders? It's the latest abz 4.2.3 I think.

Shoot. Could it be because the roms are not in default location? I changed it in snes9xgx and in the ini? I did that for fceugx and it works fine.

Last edited by Toter402,

Toter402

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had changed the snes9x-gx.ini rom dir from the default to my rom location. ATM I've downloaded a fresh copy of the pack, and I'm going to replace any changes I had made. I'll put a couple roms in the default dir without changing anything and see if that works, then change directories. I might have also replaced a plugin earlier, but I don't remember.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM