Whats need to been done first?

• Total voters

Can0dope

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No matter what anyone says, you guys rock! To those who are trying to discourage you, they can go blow themselves. I can't wait to see what else you accomplish. I don't care how long it takes, my kids would love to have a Minecraft style game on their Wii, we've been following this thread since it started. They're MC fanatics... LOL. Keep up the good work. Don't let the naysayers discourage you.

Reactions: filfat

filfat

CTO @ Nordcom Group Inc.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.sweetsideofsweden.com
XP
Country
Sweden
Thanks. However I will be not be working on this project for a while as I have quite a loot of balls in the air right now.

Alright, so after a lot of Thinking and trying to puzzle things together, we have 3 different Paths to choose from.

Either someone who know 3D Developing for Wii Homebrew, who can help us.
Or We Pass On The Project To Someone Else.
Or What i really don't want to do: Kill WiiCraft.

Why You May Ask?
Well, i have moved on to developing Apps for Windows 8/8.1 and Windows Phone 8 using C# and Xaml. and well i enjoy that quite a lot more then having to be frustrated all the time because the DevkitPCC is just missing a lot of features.

Final Note!
WiiCraft is not yet dead, however if we not find any 3D Dev NOR another dev to pass on the Project to, by the last April 2014 WiiCraft will be killed of. sorry for that.

Also, if you want to follow my other projects and other stuff make sure to follow @filfat_studios and @filfat on Twitter.

Wiimpathy

Trophies
XP
Country
France
because the DevkitPCC is just missing a lot of features.
That's not really true. But I agree with you, it's very complex to write a 3d game (well even 2d) with GX, if you're not already a comfirmed developper with good C++ and opengl knowledge for ex.
There are very few 3d homebrew games. I'm amazed by Helium Boy , CosmoRaketti, or Nowhere for instance. Newo Asteroids is very nice too. Recently, Build Blocks has been released that looks like minecraft and it's quite impressive. The bad thing is most don't have source code so we can learn from them. Perhaps, they prefer to earn a few $ by porting to shitty android/ios.
But, I admit I prefer 2d games with original concept or nice graphics anyway.
To sum up, wiicraft is maybe too ambitious. Using libs like grrlib (rather simple for 2d) or wired could ease development.

filfat

CTO @ Nordcom Group Inc.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.sweetsideofsweden.com
XP
Country
Sweden
That's not really true. But I agree with you, it's very complex to write a 3d game (well even 2d) with GX, if you're not already a comfirmed developper with good C++ and opengl knowledge for ex.
There are very few 3d homebrew games. I'm amazed by Helium Boy , CosmoRaketti, or Nowhere for instance. Newo Asteroids is very nice too. Recently, Build Blocks has been released that looks like minecraft and it's quite impressive. The bad thing is most don't have source code so we can learn from them. Perhaps, they prefer to earn a few $ by porting to shitty android/ios.
But, I admit I prefer 2d games with original concept or nice graphics anyway.
To sum up, wiicraft is maybe too ambitious. Using libs like grrlib (rather simple for 2d) or wired could ease development.
Yeah, im more of a DirectX Dev. and well i was better with C++ before i moved over to writing mobile apps in C# (I love Modern UI XD). We will have to look into using GrrLib again.

Alright, i have moved the source code to GitHub, so more people can contribute without being a part of the dev team, this also enables me to develop easier when i dont have access to a x86/x64 bit machine.
Link: https://github.com/filfat/WiiCraft
However the project will also still exist on Google code until i have talked to the other dev members.

Happy Coding!

Alright, so I updated the main post.
Also I want to talk a bit why I choose to move the project to GitHub, and also if I will be killing it of:
So, yesterday I moved the project to GitHub, as I think its more suited for a Community coding project, wait what? "Community Coding Project"? Yes indeed, I have decided that why should the project die just because I don't have nearly as much time as I had a year ago? So I configured a GitHub project so people can continue develop, so we one day might have a working Voxel Game for the Nintendo XXVW Wii 23, or whatever name that console will have, joke aside I really hope those who are capable of coding sill contribute to this project so we can make something out of Nothing(if nothing means 1+ year of work and learning), also will I quit developing WiiCraft. Nope, but almost I have plenty of projects since I started develop mobile and website apps, and I think its currently killing me, heck I get a max of 3 hours sleep, anyhow Enjoy our Messy Source Code, and LETS DO THIS!!!

Happy Coding!!!!

Agent:Orange

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for continuing this work, as my daughter and I are avid fans of the PC version of MC, we look forward to this port (as simple as it may end up being). Are there any load directions with the files on Github? I see dols and elfs but no clear directions on how to install etc... Thanks in advance for any clarification.

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Earn some money with cost keeper and if you'd like to work on this project then decide to spend some time with this afterwards. U gotta eat lol

I mean I'd love to see a playable version of this game but it still going to be a pretty massive undertaking which could be fun. There's also talks of Nintendo trying to bring MineCraft to the Wii U so maybe it might be better for Wii or if you'd like to use the exploit on the Wii U devkit even better

Reactions: Can0dope and filfat

Scorchy

Wanderer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, i'm having issues trying to install WiiCraft, i've put the ''wiicraft'' folder in the ''apps'' folder of my SD Card, i've did the full install and it rebooted me to the Homebrew Channel but i don't know how to launch wiicraft after the install, there's no more WiiCraft app in the homebrew channel nor forwarder in the system menu. I just don't know how to launch it after the install, what should i do?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM