OP
Trophies
Website
www.sweetsideofsweden.com
XP
Country
Sweden
Latest Official Released Version: 0.7.0
Download: Please compile for yourself, at least till this is a playable game.
GitHub: https://github.com/filfat/WiiCraft
Development Builds: http://build.filfatstudios.com:8080/job/WiiCraft/
icon

Hi, Welcome to WiiCraft. WiiCraft is a Voxel Engine or more of a Voxel Project for
the Nintendo Wii, We have currently setup a GitHub project which you can find here.

Developers:
filfat

JoostinOnline
xerpi
And all who contribute on GitHub

Guide To Installing WiiCraft:
Please check our GitHub for the most up-to-date information.

Thanks to:
All Developers for developing this Engine/Game/Unicorn.
smealum for providing DSCraft's map loading code & Letting us use 3DSCraft's source code <3.
All Users for helping us test this Unicorn.
Nintendo for making such a great console <3​

Last edited by filfat,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
This does not look or sound like Minecraft in its current state. When finished (if ever) I'm sure it will be great (though the Wii is a bit limited on RAM and power to run it well with a large world and mobs like the PC version, something like the smartphone version is a lot more possible, but that one sucks compared to the PC one)

For now however it's so basic it can't even be called a basic engine.
It looks more like something you spent 1 or 2 days on and figured it would be a good time to release a demo.

Protip: Don't release a demo until you have significant progress (enough to actually have a playable game that is longer than 5 minutes). I have seen too many fangames and "homebrew" projects get abandoned and it is better if no one ever knew about those projects so it doesn't get hyped up just to ruin everyone's hopes when it gets abandoned.

All that being said, I hope this won't be one of those projects and that you'll actually finish it. It could work well with the Wiimote IR pointer and motion controls and I'd like to see how it would turn out when finished. Sounds promising if all those things get finished.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
I have seen too many fangames and "homebrew" projects get abandoned and it is better if no one ever knew about those projects so it doesn't get hyped up just to ruin everyone's hopes when it gets abandoned.
Worse than that are the projects that always claim to still be active, even though there is no actual progress for years, and people just continue to hope for nothing.

Reactions: filfat

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*coughcough*zsnes*cough*
The developers still claim that to be "alive"? More like a decrepit 95 year-old vegetable with a terminal illness on life support, waiting to pull the plug. PJ64 is another example of an emulator being "alive". I actually helped a bit with the 1.7 beta, but guess what came of it? Nothing, except that I'm out of the money I "donated".

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
The developers still claim that to be "alive"? More like a decrepit 95 year-old vegetable with a terminal illness on life support, waiting to pull the plug. PJ64 is another example of an emulator being "alive". I actually helped a bit with the 1.7 beta, but guess what came of it? Nothing, except that I'm out of the money I "donated".
Actually, PJ64 did have some more active development. It's just not on the site since the people that ran the site are the ones that vanished, so Jabo posted the improvements on his own site.
http://jabosoft.com/articles/114

And yes, if you check the forums people claim that ZSNES is still alive, even though nothing's been publicly shown for over five years.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, PJ64 did have some more active development. It's just not on the site since the people that ran the site are the ones that vanished, so Jabo posted the improvements on his own site.
http://jabosoft.com/articles/114

And yes, if you check the forums people claim that ZSNES is still alive, even though nothing's been publicly shown for over five years.

Ugh, tell me about it, the second you mention its progress you get eviscerated by the staff on those forums. At least Snes9x had more versions released (1.52, 1.52 bug fix and 1.53), in two and half years than Zsnes had in since 2006. Why people still use Zsnes is still a mystery to me, the SPC700 emulation is horrid. That's why I love the homebrew on the Wii, Snes9x ports are near perfect and could pass as the real deal.

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
The original Minecraft source is completely useless, if you're going to port it, you would also have to rewrite lwjgl into Wii compliant C++ if you're just converting the source, and that doesn't even take into account RAM restrictions. You would have to remake/rewrite it into Wii compliant C++, something like DSCraft.

If I recall correctly, both MCPE and MCXBLE are rewrites as well, however, not 100% sure on the MCPE part. It may have used some original code, but I highly doubt that they just ported it over.

Reactions: filfat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a picteof not updating just tell them don't update
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask...