Homebrew Wii2600 + RVL-CNT-01-TR compatibilty

bm123456

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, I was not aware of those changes in the SDL library. I'll check that as soon as I get to my home (I'm in the university right now).

EDIT: Yup, it was just like you said, the constant names in libSDL were changed. I have tested the application now and it works fine (I also fixed the problems with the directory reading). However, instead of using vmode = wii_xfb[cur_xfb], I had to use vmode->xfbMode = *wii_xfb[cur_xfb], since the compiler was bitching about wii_xfb not being of GXRModeObj type.

Thank you very much for the tips, really! :)

I already deleted the previous files from ZippyShare to avoid confusion (except for the SDL library, it may come in handy for someone else).

Thank you for your mod, unless i missing something i'm unable to save my rom directory with your version . the original one worked fine with my usb . i even went in a saved it manually to Atraric but is still goes to my apps\wii2600 folder no matter what or makes you find the proper dir. for my roms.

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
Remember that this is not precisely a mod, since this binary does *not* add any new features to the emulator. It's just a recompilation of the original v0.2 source code; the code changes were necessary in order to get it to compile properly with the latest libraries.

AFAIK, there was virtually no code to make the application compatible with USB storage devices... Most of the paths were already hardcoded to be SD-only (in fact, I used SD cards in my tests before uploading the new binary).

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Wiimednafen also suffers from the fact that is does not works with the latest Wiimoteplus.
It would be great is someone could pick that up as well.

Kartoffel7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apologies for bumping this old thread I started over a year ago. I just rediscovered it today. Thanks go out to DarkMatterCore for taking the time to recompile this emulator and the others that helped along the way. It's great to see other emulators & apps being recompiled to support the new controller.

It seems both the binary and source links are currently dead. Would anyone be kind enough to reupload them?

Thomas83Lin

Retro Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.thomas83lincodes.com
XP
Country
United States
Apologies for bumping this old thread I started over a year ago. I just rediscovered it today. Thanks go out to DarkMatterCore for taking the time to recompile this emulator and the others that helped along the way. It's great to see other emulators & apps being recompiled to support the new controller.

It seems both the binary and source links are currently dead. Would anyone be kind enough to reupload them?
Here's a link to the binary I never downloaded the source.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/shfv49m5ma5l4ul/Wii2600.zip

Reactions: Kartoffel7

vicmarto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks, I was not aware of those changes in the SDL library. I'll check that as soon as I get to my home (I'm in the university right now).

EDIT: Yup, it was just like you said, the constant names in libSDL were changed. I have tested the application now and it works fine (I also fixed the problems with the directory reading). However, instead of using vmode = wii_xfb[cur_xfb], I had to use vmode->xfbMode = *wii_xfb[cur_xfb], since the compiler was bitching about wii_xfb not being of GXRModeObj type.

Thank you very much for the tips, really! :)

I already deleted the previous files from ZippyShare to avoid confusion (except for the SDL library, it may come in handy for someone else).

Sorry

Would be possible someone reupload the DarkMatterCore's wii2600 source code? I'm unable to compile the original source code... :wacko:

Thank you very much!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs