tylerzentz

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Like the title says, my Wii won't read my backup disk. It works in other modded Wiis so that's not the problem. I used MIOS Patcher to install cMIOS v8 and I also pressed X on the gamecube controller to install with "gamecube backup loader". The installation was successful so I rebooted my Wii, popped in the disk, went to the disk channel, and it gave me the "disk could not be read" error. Am I missing something?

tylerzentz

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
xflak40 said:
really new wii's have D3-2 chipsets that prevent loading any backup disk, usb loaders still work though, which is a million times better anyways

well i made my wii a virgin but before that i had installed cMIOS with backup loader and i think i also had something else that i cant remember. maybe a backup launcher channel? and i could get the disk to read and i could boot up the game and everything but then it would give me an error message when i tried to create a save file to start playing on.

claud10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Also, are you trying to boot the games directly through the disc channel? You need a backup launcher, either a disc launcher like Neogamma r7, r8b3 or a USB loader like USB Loader GX. Games won't boot from the disc channel unless you chipped your wii or installed cioscorp.

shepe

Trophies
XP
Country
time to play it from the original disc then and take another "backup" you pirate
laugh.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, I thought dbz abridged ended at the cell saga