Hacking Wii U VC Upgrade off of hacked Wii VS

ConnerKid

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would it be possible to have hacked VC titles from a wii, transfer them over using Wii U transfer tool and then pay to upgrade them to Wii U VC?

Mite000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I had a question relating to this.

When adding wads to wiimode, would it be possible to trick the system into thinking they were purchased from the wii shop channel in order to get the Wii U eshop discount?

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only way you're going to play pirated wiiware on your vWii is to install it yourself, that means to softmod your vWii. Otherwise keep playing it on your Wii. Nintendo will not upgrade your pirated games.

Mite000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have soft modded my vWii (wii u's wii mode right?) and added wads successfully of virtual console titles. Im just wondering how it knows which games are legit and which arent, and if its possible to manipulate that.

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have soft modded my vWii (wii u's wii mode right?) and added wads successfully of virtual console titles. Im just wondering how it knows which games are legit and which arent, and if its possible to manipulate that.

It checks to see if you own them on the Nintendo Wiiware server.

Short of hacking into that server and granting yourself rights to what your trying to get... (If you could do this than Wii ware would be low hanging fruit, at that point why not just get any digital Wii-U games you want?)

Reactions: pelago

picano

Trophies
Website
soifall.net
XP
Country
United States
I thought the stuff you owned was saved on the console itself. Because if it's saved on the server than that's pretty shitty of Nintendo not to adopt the policies of Playstation/Xbox and make it account based incase your console ever dies (Went through 2 wiis, thankfully didn't buy anything digital but been buying some on the wii u).

I'm not sure if I understand. What you said makes no sense.

If it was "saved to console" (as in purchase details, since the data is definitely on the console itself --- not streamed), rather than "saved on the server" it would be the opposite of how an account system works. There would be no way to verify purchase data except through the original console.

That said, even without an actual account system the Wii still kept records of purchase data server side --- and in some cases, people were able to get games transferred from a dead/stolen console by verifying details from an associated Club Nintendo account. The Wii U, on the other hand, does have an account system (with custom user names / password) but lacks a way to log in from other consoles. (You can link a 3DS, but without assistance from Nintendo, it's currently not possible to use the same NNID on more than 1 of the same console)

Shady Guy Jose

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'm not sure if I understand. What you said makes no sense.

If it was "saved to console" (as in purchase details, since the data is definitely on the console itself --- not streamed), rather than "saved on the server" it would be the opposite of how an account system works. There would be no way to verify purchase data except through the original console.

That said, even without an actual account system the Wii still kept records of purchase data server side --- and in some cases, people were able to get games transferred from a dead/stolen console by verifying details from an associated Club Nintendo account. The Wii U, on the other hand, does have an account system (with custom user names / password) but lacks a way to log in from other consoles. (You can link a 3DS, but without assistance from Nintendo, it's currently not possible to use the same NNID on more than 1 of the same console)

What he means is that, since they already store everything server-side, they should just go all the way and make a proper account system.

Reactions: WolfSaviorZX

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: damn wifi