Wii U USB loading - install WiiU games to USB or internal memory

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by BurningDesire, Oct 20, 2016.

1. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Nov 6, 2002
    Portugal
    Proud to be Portuguese but I am in USA.
    I understand but I want those questions in numbers to be 100 percent complete answer below:

1. Which is better: WUX/WUD with a key requirement or a folder and run the .rpx files without a key ?
    2. Why ? Because I want to use it for CEMU and Wii U, just in case.

And other question..

1. Do you think in the near future someone might convert the folder to WUX/WUD to use the key if they prefer that ?
    2. Can the larger file in folder be convert to WUX/WUD as well ?
    3. Or is key now useless and the loadiine folder is the future for both Wii U and Cemu? Sorry for 3 questions.

2. SonicvMario

SonicvMario Member

Newcomer
    Jun 10, 2016
    Whenever I try to install anything to my hdd using wup installer y it gives me a 0xFFFCFFE5 error. The op says to unplug the hdd and re-plug it in which I've done multiple times but the error continues to happen every time.
    I'm using a PAL Wii U with a 1TB Seagate external hdd connected with a y cable to the backs ports

Last edited by SonicvMario, Jul 5, 2017
  3. G0R3Z

G0R3Z Just Can't Be Bothered

Aug 12, 2014
    If I want to install a DLC for a game (E.G BOTW), will it work for the Disc copy, or does it have to be installed with a WUD as well?

4. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    it should work. afaik, there's only a minor difference between a retail and a downloaded version of a game.

5. Dimensio

Dimensio Member

Newcomer
    Aug 28, 2009
    United States
    My BotW installation came from my own disc, and the DLC works without any problem.

6. G0R3Z

G0R3Z Just Can't Be Bothered

Aug 12, 2014
    Nice to know, thanks :yay:

7. AKay724

AKay724 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 6, 2017
    United States
    Hey all, i am having a problem using WUP Installer GX2 where it just hangs when trying to install to USB but will install to NAND. When I try Y mod I get the error code error 0xFFFCFFE5 I've tried unplugging the USB HD and plugging it back in and restarting the WII U several times. It worked before with no problems I was able to install BOTW to the USB and some VC games.

The games run fine off the external HD. I just cant install any additional ones. Thanks!

8. AKay724

AKay724 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 6, 2017
    United States
    I can move the game after copying it to Nand over to the USB no problem. I just cant get it to even start installing from WUP installer GX2 direct to USB. It stays at 0%. The games work no problem off of USB too. I've tried moving the WUP Channel to the USB, tried from HBL, deleted and redownloaded, formatted the SD card. Just lost as to what it could be. Searching all over the place and google to no avail.
    Thanks!

9. SonicvMario

SonicvMario Member

Newcomer
    Jun 10, 2016
    Also having this problem, any help would be appreciated.

10. UnrulyMess

UnrulyMess Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2017
    Mexico
    Hi guys I'm not sure if this is the right place for my question but here goes.... I have BOTW installed and in version 1.3 and also i have downloaded the dlc and succesfully installed it, but it isn't working. I start botw and it still doesnt have the dlc.

What am I doing wrong? :(

11. bostonBC

bostonBC GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 17, 2011
    United States
    Did you install the game AND DLC to the same place (internal memory or USB)?

Not sure how it would work or not work if your DLC was installed on internal memory and game to USB.

12. from_hell_with_love

from_hell_with_love Member

Newcomer
    Mar 9, 2017
    Nigeria
    I have 3 short questions:
    1. Do i need CFW for all Games from a different region or do some games work without?
    2. Is it dangerous starting a game from a different without running CFW first?
    3. Is CFW needed for installing a game from a different region or is it just needed for playing?

13. nexusmtz

nexusmtz GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 17, 2016
    United States
    1. All
    2. No, you just get an error message
    3. Just to play

14. hmj

hmj Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 15, 2017
    Canada
    hey!

just wondering, is it possible to (and if so, how can I) install games from a usb flash drive? all my sd cards are too small for the game i wish to install...

15. goteks

goteks Member

Newcomer
    Jun 22, 2004
    Canada
    so i'm having issues, i used jnustool to get my game files, the title.tik is there, i put it on sd/install/game/[all files] put the sd in my wiiu, in wupinstaller y i select my file press A to install game internally, i see process up to 100%, reboot console then no game. if i go in the system menu and check the files i can see some game data installed from the game but no actual game that can be played.

what am i doing wrong?

Thanks in advance

16. racertj5

racertj5 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 26, 2017
    United States
    Is there any way to bypass SD cards for this? There's a few games that won't fit on a 16gb

17. Dan34

Dan34 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 12, 2016
    Apologies because I'm sure this has been answered already but what is the best way to download game updates which are not on Wii USB Helper (CoD Black Ops, etc)? On 5.5.1 with Haxchi and I have the game discs, so just install with disc2app. Shall I just let it update to 5.5.2 and get the game updates the easy way. Or is there somewhere else where I can download the updates to SD like you can for most games via Wii USB Helper? Thanks in advance.

18. nexusmtz

nexusmtz GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 17, 2016
    United States
    If you don't want to update, you can run NNUPatcher, then run the game that needs to be updated. Or you can find the TitleID of your update in the Title Database and download that title with a downloader such as JNUSTool (and install it with WUP Installer y mod or WUP Installer GX2)

Dan34 likes this.
  19. Dan34

Dan34 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 12, 2016
    Thanks. I've now tried this. Can't seem to update the game. I'm getting the error 105.4206 (unable to connect to server) while the DNS block is on and I've run Haxchi and NNUPatcher. If I change the DNS setting to auto obtain I'm told I need to update the firmware before the game update will download. Are you please able to advise how to update the game without being promoted to do the firmware as well?

20. nexusmtz

nexusmtz GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 17, 2016
    United States
    If the NNUPatcher method doesn't work, download the update with jnustool (requires java) or utikdownloader and install it with Wup Installer. NNUPatcher won't work for game updates if the DNS server you're using is blocking more than the system update server or if you've blocked the normal update server addresses in your router.