Hacking Wii U USB loading - install WiiU games to USB or internal memory

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do u own a flash drive u could try? also, unplug any additional drives/devices plugged in. I'm pretty sure the second thing shouldn't affect it, but it's worth a try.

malikoman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
do u have any games installed on the drive? another possibility is bad downloads.
I used the same games that I downloaded with USB Helper and installed on my own wii u's usb drive. This time the only thing that I was only able to install ESHOP titles like the shantae games or paper mario and stuff. Nothing AAA.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question for you.

1. Which is better: WUX/WUD with a key requirement or a folder and run the .rpx files without a key ?
2. Why ? Because I want to use it for CEMU and Wii U, just in case.

And other question..

1. Do you think in the near future someone might convert the folder to WUX/WUD to use the key if they prefer that ?
2. Can the larger file in folder be convert to WUX/WUD as well ?
3. Or is key now useless and the folder is the future ? Sorry for the questions.

Last edited by spotanjo3,

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, try the Spiik homebrew
Spiik will not work as it only works in wiiu mode when you boot a wii VC title the game loads into a custom vWii and clears all wiiu code out of the memory so spiik is cleared out before the game loads and as spiik is removed from memory it obviously won't work lol.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Spiik will not work as it only works in wiiu mode when you boot a wii VC title the game loads into a custom vWii and clears all wiiu code out of the memory so spiik is cleared out before the game loads and as spiik is removed from memory it obviously won't work lol.
Ha, I missed the "Wii" part

sgakensymd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I read up more about it and noticed that people had issues with this on the old Wii. Reason is because the game only runs on 60Hz and if the Wii is set to PAL/50Hz then it won't run it. People were able to get round it by using a loader to force NTSC/60Hz. This kinda makes sense given that my WiiU is region free and accepts 60Hz but I'm guessing my vWii is set to PAL/50Hz and in order for Mario Sluggers to work, the WiiU uses the vWii to run it and if its set to PAL/50Hz then black screen....i think?! I dunno. Other NTSC Wii VC titles work fine.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

1. Which is better: WUX/WUD with a key requirement or a folder and run the .rpx files without a key ?

And other question..

1. Do you think in the near future someone might convert the folder to WUX/WUD to use the key if they prefer that ?
3. Or is key now useless and the folder is the future ? Sorry for the questions.

Anybody ? :P

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, the wud will be larger at 25GBs per game. I know of no wii u game that goes beyond that, but that's still a lot of wasted space. I'm afraid I don't know much about cemu. also, there is a list of wud keys somewhere (page keeps changing) in case u prefer that.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, the wud will be larger at 25GBs per game. I know of no wii u game that goes beyond that, but that's still a lot of wasted space. I'm afraid I don't know much about cemu. also, there is a list of wud keys somewhere (page keeps changing) in case u prefer that.

I already know about Wii Title Key. I am just asking the questions that needs to be answer. I thank you for some of your answer. SMILE!

Anybody else for my few questions remain unanswer ?

phatmike128

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there a way to check which Region of a game I installed? I installed Zelda: BOTW a few months ago using WUP installer, but want to update the game now. I can't remember if I installed US or EUR version, and deleted the install files from SD card already.

If I have the EUR version and because I have a PAL WU, can I just download the updates online, or still recommended to use WUP installer instead? I see there is a DLC option in Wii U USB helper for BOTW as well, not sure what that is...

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bump ?? Here:

And other question..

3. Or is key now useless and the loadiine folder is the future for both Wii U and Cemu? Sorry for 3 questions.

Last edited by spotanjo3,

lafleche

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Bump ?? Here:

And other question..

3. Or is key now useless and the loadiine folder is the future for both Wii U and Cemu? Sorry for 3 questions.
Not a complete answer but
Wud and it's compressed variant wux are the most complete edition you can have.
You can run them in cemu as-is (with the key in a file in the cemu folder).
When you want to install on Wiiu: extract them with jwudtool
When you want to run from USB (Loadiine) : decrypt them with jwudtool
In short: IMHO wud are the ones to archive (and wux for space saving)

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
decrypted wuds is what the wii u uses when it installs content. they're in the code/content/meta folders, so decrypted content will work with loadiine as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Can't wait for season 2