Hacking Wii U USB loading - install WiiU games to USB or internal memory

alkar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mocha with FAT32 support has been compiled here:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/mocha-cfw-the-sweet-chocolate-to-your-latte.452940/page-45#post-7086884

With this (BETA !) version, you can use your USB FAT32 as if it was your SD card.
so imagine you have a 2TB SD Card, no more space issue to install a game to NAND using WUP Installer ;)

just don't use WUP installer to install to USB FAT32 partition, it's not working yet.

run Mocha, then every SD access will be done from USB instead. (it's not a feature, it's a bug, so get advantage of that bug for your SD space issue ;) )
all homebrew trying to access SD will in fact see the USB First primary partition (no GPT !)

How about using WUPinstaller to install games to SD card (either formated as FAT32 or as Wii U format if such thing is possible ?) ?

I wish I could recycle my 128GB SD card to install games to it without using Loadiine... I can use 32 GB of it if I use RedNand but that's all...

AngheloAlf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello
I have bought some of the dlc of smash 4 (got the disc), and i was wondering if i could dump the ticket in my console, use some tool like "wii u usb helper" and get all the dlc i dont have. It is posible?
Aaaand, thanks for all of your efforts to make the wiiu scene great!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have a USB 2.0 sdcard reader maybe I can just use that to make it usable as USB...
it should work, but might be even slower due to the adapter.
just try and see if it's fine with you.

Alf:
you can dump your tickets
you can download the DLC matching your tickets.

if you want DLC you don't own, then your tickets will not be useful, you'll need tickets you don't own. (there's an illegal website with tickets/title key, we can't share it here)

Last edited by Cyan,

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Too much information and options in this thread. Can anyone point me to an easier tutorial for installing a game to the usb drive. I have haxchi and mochacfw if that helps. Just hacked my wii u today for the first time

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Too much information and options in this thread. Can anyone point me to an easier tutorial for installing a game to the usb drive. I have haxchi and mochacfw if that helps. Just hacked my wii u today for the first time
Just use wup installer and install games while running mocha.

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have bought some of the dlc of smash 4 (got the disc), and i was wondering if i could dump the ticket in my console, use some tool like "wii u usb helper" and get all the dlc i dont have. It is posible?

To use WiiU USB Helper, you need to know the name of that site where all of the tickets and keys are. If you're already beyond that point, then yes, you can download DLC with that program and it will generate a fake ticket for that DLC. You will have to install that DLC using wupinstaller, which will put that ticket in place. That implies that you need to have signature patching of some sort. (See how this is getting messy pretty quickly? If you're just starting out, that's a lot to bite off at once.)

Note that once you install DLC with a fake ticket, you will need signature patches running in order to play your game. (You can reorder your tickets and avoid that, but that would be yet another thing to learn how to do.)

if you want DLC you don't own, then your tickets will not be useful, you'll need tickets you don't own.
Legit DLC tickets are kind of useful. :) Although it currently requires cutting and pasting within the SLC .tik file, having a legit DLC ticket (with even just one item unlocked) allows you to use the fake DLC ticket's items without sigpatches (after it's installed). The legit ticket just needs to come before the fake one in the .tik file. Yeah, that needs a tutorial. Someday.

EDIT: March 11, 2017 - @raphamotta wrote a more detailed tutorial for this.

Last edited by nexusmtz, , Reason: tutorial available, if this doesn't make enough sense as is.
Reactions: Cyan and Madridi

Max128

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi i have got this drive: WD My Passport 1TB 2.5 USB 3.0 Portable , i have format it in the wii u format.. I have installed many games is working and play fine but some games do not want to install at all. I always have the same error : 0xfffcffbf

Yes I know the y cable is recommended.. I do not have a Y cable yet for the disk but i have ordered one yesterday..

Was this error related to this? if not to what ?

Max128

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi i have got this drive: WD My Passport 1TB 2.5 USB 3.0 Portable , i have format it in the wii u format.. I have installed many games is working and play fine but some games do not want to install at all. I always have the same error : 0xfffcffbf

Yes I know the y cable is recommended.. I do not have a Y cable yet for the disk but i have ordered one yesterday..

Was this error related to this? if not to what ?

I will go in the theard of the wup installer.

Last edited by Max128,

Kaladan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi I downloaded Xenoblade X using New NUSGrabber, and added title.tik file from the Ticket folder (gotten from wii u usb starter kit.rar)
But whenever I try installing it using the WUP installer I keep getting the same error : 0xFFFBF43F. I know it's a problem related to the .tik file but I don't know how I should fix it. I heard editing the title.tik file was needed, but what do you mean by editing the title.tik file ?
I successfully installed Twilight Princess HD yesterday and had no problems at all, without touching the title.tik file.
Sorry, I'm new to the Wii U hacking and WUP stuff, and still don't really know how some things work
I'm installing everything on a HDD, which already contains Twilight Princess HD

Last edited by Kaladan,

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I downloaded Xenoblade X using New NUSGrabber, and added title.tik file from the Ticket folder (gotten from wii u usb starter kit.rar)
But whenever I try installing it using the WUP installer I keep getting the same error : 0xFFFBF43F. I know it's a problem related to the .tik file but I don't know how I should fix it.
Your ticket probably doesn't match the title you downloaded (different region or different game edition)

If you have Powershell 3 on your computer, you can check the titleID in the title.tik and title.tmd by opening a command prompt at your install directory and running:
Code:
powershell -c "((gc title.tik -encoding byte)[0x1dc..0x1e3]|%{$_.tostring('X2')}) -join ''"
powershell -c "((gc title.tmd -encoding byte)[0x18c..0x193]|%{$_.tostring('X2')}) -join ''"

graub

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm very sorry if that was asked before, but I have a 16GB micro SD and i would like to install games that are 16GB+ with WUP. Is there a way?

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But is there a hard way?
Copy the files to a FAT32-formatted USB stick, and run the FAT32 pre-release of Mocha to mount that as if it were your SD.

Edit: If you do this, you currently have to install to NAND, which might not have enough free space for your game. As FAT32 Mocha matures, this limitation should go away.

or

Modify wupclient.py's (from iosuhax) install_title() function to allow a full path instead of prefixing "/vol/storage_sdcard/", run mocha, run wupclient.py on your PC, connect to the wiiu, create a directory on your usb drive, copy the first half of the install from sd to USB, put the rest of the files on the sd, copy those to the same directory, then run install_title() with the full path to the directory you copied the files to.
(Most people won't know how to do those steps, but you did ask for a hard way.)

Last edited by nexusmtz, , Reason: FAT32 mocha messes up USB to USB installs.
Reactions: Madridi

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Copy the files to a FAT32-formatted USB stick, and run the FAT32 pre-release of Mocha to mount that as if it were your SD.

or

Modify wupclient.py's (from iosuhax) install_title() function to allow a full path instead of prefixing "/vol/storage_sdcard/", run mocha, run wupclient.py on your PC, connect to the wiiu, create a directory on your usb drive, copy the first half of the install from sd to USB, put the rest of the files on the sd, copy those to the same directory, then run install_title() with the full path to the directory you copied the files to.
(Most people won't know how to do those steps, but you did ask for a hard way.)
Off-topic:
Gotta say, I have been learning a lot from you lately. Good job, and thanks for all the hard work :)

Reactions: nexusmtz

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1