Hacking Wii U USB Helper unable to play Wii VC Games

vgplayer54

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello,

I have a quick question - I have downloaded numerous Wii U titles as well as Virtual Console titles from Wii U USB Helper for my Wii U RedNAND and it has worked beautifully. All Wii U games and VC games run without any problems with the exception of Wii VC titles. I downloaded two- Xenoblade Chronicles and Super Paper Mario for the Wii (USA version) from Wii U USB Helper, installed it as I have with all other titles (using System Config Tool) however they will not launch. When I open the games in the Wii U menu within RedNand, the game's image appears as if its opening properly, then the gamepad turns black with the word "Wii" on it (again, opening properly), then the Wii U just reboots itself back into SysNand. I am not sure why they aren't loading properly...

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated

JohnathanMonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think you can run Wii games with RedNand. I feel like I read this somewhere, but I can't remember exactly where....

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The title of this thread is not only misleading it is also totally wrong the error has zero to do with USB download helper thee error is to do with wii VC titles not working on rednand unless you do a double install to sysnand and rednand. Now thanks to the title people may come to the wrong conclusion and think that the amazing USB download helper is to blame and they may not use it.

Last edited by AmandaRose,

vgplayer54

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The title of this thread is not only misleading it is also totally wrong the error has zero to do with USB download helper thee error is to do with wii VC titles not working on rednand unless you do a double install to sysnand and rednand. Now thanks to the title people may come to the wrong conclusion and think that the amazing USB download helper is to blame and they may not use it.
Sorry about that, it was never my intention to mislead anyone, but I don't seem to have the permissions to rename it unfortunately. If a moderator could do that, it would be perfect.
Also thank you for the replies, I will attempt to install onto both SysNand and Rednand (although I think it's on the USB at the moment, but I'll try anyway) thank you!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16