drewby

OP
Trophies
Website
www.instagram.com
XP
Country
United States
I have a hard drive with a Y cable, but my hard drive keeps disconnecting on random. I even turned off sleep mode in the Wii U settings, but it still doesn't work. Does anyone know how to fix this?

geishroy

Suspended
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did it come with a Y connection? I have a similar WD drive but it did not come with Y connector. Also have you tried switching the ports? plugging it in in the back of the console instead of the front.

drewby

OP
Trophies
Website
www.instagram.com
XP
Country
United States
id
Did it come with a Y connection? I have a similar WD drive but it did not come with Y connector. Also have you tried switching the ports? plugging it in in the back of the console instead of the front.
I use a Y cable. I have tried connecting it to different ports, still disconnects.

otto888

I break things for a living.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it's only disconnecting while using WUPInstaller, try using this version. My drive kept disconnecting around 3GB installed, but this version fixed that.

SnAQ

Trophies
XP
Country
I've had this problem for ages, and no solution.

One thing I tried is putting one of the cables from the Y-cable into a phonecharger, and the other in the Wii U...
Sometimes it works for ages, other times it keeps disconnecting just when I finally beat that super annoying mega hard boss..

I usually end up copying the game I want to play to my internal memory (I have the deluxe version)

Skickat från min SM-N910F via Tapatalk

Hking0036

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you mean the wii u's sleep mode?

Try turning off hard drive spindown. In data management hold down on the d-pad and hold + and - and then turn it off.

Last edited by Hking0036,

DarkIrata

Trophies
Website
ipmix.de
XP
Country
Germany
Looks like it needs more power. Try a Phone charger for one of the other ends (mostly which looks not directly connected) or, i know it sounds dumb, a USB 3.0 Active Hub instead of the Phone Charger, since USB 3.0 has more power.

Last edited by DarkIrata,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Imma make quesadillas for lunch :D +1