Hardware Wii U update error code 162-0002 help

NintendoCosmos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I sent Nintendo a Email. and they told me to call them.

Hello,

In order to assist you with your concerns, it is necessary for us to speak with you directly. This is so that we may discuss the situation in more detail. At your earliest convenience, please call our Consumer Service Administration Department at 1-800-448-6797. Representatives are available every day from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. Pacific time. When you call, please request a Tech Service Administrator.
Sincerely,

Nintendo of America Inc.
Nina Kim
Consumer Service Administration

I hope to get this straighten out.. Or I'm going to get help from the hacker known as The Mentor. who wrote the hacker's manifesto.

NintendoCosmos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on the phone with Nintendo now. trying to work this out. if anything comes to worst. than I will have to hack the entire console.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got my Wii U back from Nintendo. The console was never even modded!!! and they said the console was altered/tampered with. and they sent it back unrepaired!!! This is f*cking bullsh*t!!! I never got the chance to mod my system because I was to busy playing the games I bought for it!!!!. All I did was transfer my Virtual Console & Wiiware games that I legally bought from Nintendo through the Wii Shop channel.. This is the letter I got back from Nintendo.

Hello,

Thank you for sending your Nintendo system for repair.

Upon examination of your system, our technicians determined that the system has been tampered with. The tampering our technicians discovered was:

Product has been altered by downloading of unauthorized software, such has the "homebrew" channel.

A system that has been altered is permanently damaged and cannot be brought back to it's original working condition. Your only option would be to purchase a new one. We are returning your system to you unrepaired. Please find it enclosed.

I'm freaking Pi*s off right now. I'm going to give Nintendo a phone call tomorrow and tell them that this console hasn't even been altered in anyway shape or form. And they better send me a new console since this one was bought with a MAJOR FLAW!!!

did your wii have "homebrew" channel on it and did u do the wii to wii u transfer?

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Original Wii was never hacked. I buy all of my Wii games from the store or a online auction site like Ebay/Amazon & Listia.
Unfortunately Nintendo says otherwise. I would ask for specifics. I want to believe you but unless it is a false positive then Nintendo or you are, well...lying. Not trying to be a dick head here. Seriously, if you cannot get it fixed, IF the Wii U is ever hacked, you may be able to apply update PARTS you need. Only a thought here.

NintendoCosmos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately Nintendo says otherwise. I would ask for specifics. I want to believe you but unless it is a false positive then Nintendo or you are, well...lying. Not trying to be a dick head here. Seriously, if you cannot get it fixed, IF the Wii U is ever hacked, you may be able to apply update PARTS you need. Only a thought here.

It's not the case of someone is lying. But i think that the system as a flaw in the firmware coding that Nintendo never picked up. So when the tech support looked at my WiiU They must of found that bug and thought it the console was tampered with to get the homebrew illegally installed.

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not the case of someone is lying. But i think that the system as a flaw in the firmware coding that Nintendo never picked up. So when the tech support looked at my WiiU They must of found that bug and thought it the console was tampered with to get the homebrew illegally installed.
Interesting. Good point. Earlier today I was thinking it could be a software error some how. I would put them through hell, lmfao. Don't take that garbage. Oh, and I would call that a false positive.

Reactions: kehkou

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
I think it's far more likely that there is an bug in the System Menu title than the firmware.

Reactions: Ray Lewis

NintendoCosmos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting. Good point. Earlier today I was thinking it could be a software error some how. I would put them through hell, lmfao. Don't take that garbage. Oh, and I would call that a false positive.

So I'm thinking the only way to get this to work is to tamper with the Wii U. lol. Anyone know where I can contact the famous hacker from 1986 called The mentor? He wrote The Hackers manifesto.

Warlord698

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm thinking the only way to get this to work is to tamper with the Wii U. lol. Anyone know where I can contact the famous hacker from 1986 called The mentor? He wrote The Hackers manifesto.

dude, you only need to hit the "post reply" button once....not three times

NintendoCosmos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chrome.PNG

Perk is like Chrome. But they pay you to search. And I get money to my Paypal account. And that's good for me since I go to night clubs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: