Homebrew Wii U transfer from softmodded Wii

Sega dude

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this. I will be getting a Wii U for Christmas (the Skylanders SWAP Force Bundle if you are wondering). My original Wii is softmodded and has been for many years. I initially softmodded it with the twilight hack, and it has been softmodded ever since. I would like to transfer my stuff from my original Wii to my new Wii U. However, I have a few concerns. One, of course is that the Wii is softmodded. Which means it has the homebrew channel. I also have a few custom channels installed. I also have some legitimately purchased things on the Wii. I don't expect the HBC and custom channels to transfer, which is fine, but I am concerned that they will create problems with the transfer process. Is there anything special I have to do a Wii U transfer from a softmodded Wii? Also, this is unrelated to the Wii being softmodded, but Wii all my Miis transfer from the Wii to the Wii U as well? I only ask because I can't find a definitive answer.

AppleCrow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can transfert data without any problem.
But if you want to keep savestates and mii on your wii, it's better to backup them, because they will be erased with the transfert.
All your buyed games will also be transfered (wii eshop code and linked account).

I've not try actually to reload full memory backup (done before transfert) to see if eshop will be back with buyed games.

But NP to transfert softmodded wii to wiiu.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: