Hacking Wii U support in Dolphin

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can this dolphin build be used to extract files from updates, add-on content or downloadable software?

How would you get the data from them? That all happens on your Wii U, there's no way to transfer it as of now (unless you transfer it to an external hard drive but you need a common key to decrypt that TOO)

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A respected dev finally told him off. Regarding this topic, with the upcoming common key leak and such(kernel exploit), does that mean that we'll have more access to in-game files? I.e, texture mods or something?
Yes, that's the main goal is to allow for stuff like Riivolution for on-the-fly game patching/dumping.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A respected dev finally told him off. Regarding this topic, with the upcoming common key leak and such(kernel exploit), does that mean that we'll have more access to in-game files? I.e, texture mods or something?

Because I'm a f***ing asshole who doesn't know how to be patient and as such, justifiably incurred the hatred and righteous indignation of said respective developer, that's why. Having said that, my bridges have been burned and have no chance in hell of repairing said damage, nor do I have any right to seek his forgiveness at my stupid mistakes.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Because I'm a f***ing asshole who doesn't know how to be patient and as such, justifiably incurred the hatred and righteous indignation of said respective developer, that's why. Having said that, my bridges have been burned and have no chance in hell of repairing said damage, nor do I have any right to seek his forgiveness at my stupid mistakes.

amen :D
(or what do you want people to say? lighten up, it's basically christmas)

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The common key is used to obtain the title key, but moet if not all of the scene releases provide the title key with them, leaving to common key irrelevant for scene dumps
There are two different title keys....one they give to you in the NFO to decrypt the system and update partitions, then just like on a Wii disc there is a ticket (along with a tmd and cert) with another one that is encrypted with the common key (referred to as the "master key" on WiiBrew.org) which you use to decrypt the actual game data.

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are two different title keys....one they give to you in the NFO to decrypt the system and update partitions, then just like on a Wii disc there is a ticket (along with a tmd and cert) with another one that is encrypted with the common key (referred to as the "master key" on WiiBrew.org) which you use to decrypt the actual game data.

thanks for the clarification!

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do have NSMBU title key, does that means that I can decrypt NSMBU files now?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: got a mig switch here, freshly smuggled in from China