Hacking Wii U softmod, apps icon not loading

tuck_kor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hi all, I am facing some issues when soft-modding my wii U, so that I could install the Wii Homebrew Channel into my Wii U. I had followed exactly the steps listed online and from youtube, and finally I got my HBC installed, as shown below:
ggaf.jpg

However, when I loaded inside, there is no icon for the apps, and whenever I loaded the USBloader, it freezes at the "loading config" part. I tried wiiflow and the results are the same. This is the picture for the problem that I encountered:

7lxo.jpg

I had checked online and assured that my apps in the SD card contains no .config file, as well as the .png files are inside:

osla.jpg

My SD card is 2GB microSD (not HDSC), and I am not sure what had went wrong. Hope can get some useful advices here so that I can solve the problem.

Thanks a lot, and have a good day ahead :)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Which version of HBC do you have?
the missing icon was a bug and is fixed in the version 1.1.2.

Did you try with another SD card?
Is it formated as FAT/FAT32? (exFat shouldn't work)
Try formating it with Panasonic SD Formater

if you have an USB drive, you can also put apps/ folder on USB.
set HBC settings to load from USB.

Also, the date of your USBLoaderGX are a little old (2012).
Look here for latest version: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/6a48l4qn0aa1h/

D

Deleted User

Which guide did you follow? Everything there looks way out of date.

What version of HBC is running? Should say something like HBC 1.1.2 IOS58

tuck_kor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Huh, I never thought there is a newer version for HBC, I thought it should be the same. I am using:
1. hackmii_installer_v1.1
2. Smashstack from the wikipedia
3. vWii_cIOS_apps_20131218 (For the CIOS installation)
4. USBLoader_GX_V3_0_AllinOnePackage_IOS249

Is that alrite?

Thanks Cyan and gunner007 for the replies. Appreciate it, now let me search the the latest version and see.

BTW, how to reinstall the HBC? Is it follow the same procedure again without deleting the old one?

darkseekerliu

Advanced Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
To make sure you are using the latest files use this tutorial: http://gbatemp.net/threads/full-vwii-softmod.339899/

You already have the homebrew channel, so just put the hackmii installer on your apps folder and rerun it from homebrew channel to update your homebrew channel.
Then follow the steps starting with step 4.

Grab the latest usbloadergx from cyan's signature and you will be running your backups.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
before reinstalling HBC, check the version.
NOT the installer version, I'm talking about the HBC version, on your wii!
Launch HBC, press Home button, look at the top.
Latest version is 1.1.2

The installer use its own version.
installer 1.2 is used to install HBC 1.1.2 and Bootmii1.5

Where did you get the installer 1.1?
you should have downloaded it directly from bootmii.org to be sure to have latest version.
If it was part of a tutorial package, it's a bad tutorial as it's forbidden to include it.

And if you already had that old version, it's not a good idea to use it, as using old version on new consoles without checking recent information/guide/files can be bad.

tuck_kor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Thanks for all the replies. Appreciate it. After reading through all the replies and checked the net, here's what I've got:

The icons finally here!
q4le.jpg

2. The version is 1.12 (latest I guess based on the tutorial)
6rcmo.jpg

However, I still cannot run the homebrew. I had checked on the Cyan signature on the USB loader gx but I am not sure which one to download..

I formatted my USB with WiiBackup Manager, and import a wbfs game into it. But it still freeze at loading config file. I am quite sure I do not have the config file inside the SD card. Here's my problem:

yj45.jpg

Here's my setup:
rfai.jpg

I saw some forwarder thread here:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/forwarders-are-back.340226/

but I dun really get the idea what it is, and how should I do it. Will it help me to run the homebrew? I have a 2.5" harddisk with double cable, inside have wii games in wbfs format, but it can't be used as well. Anyway, for the homebrew channel part, I can only install the HBC latest version, but not the bootmii (said cannot be installed), is it normal?

Thanks for all the replies, really helpful and I manage to update to the latest firmware, just need to figure out how to play the usb backup then will be ok.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Use FAT32.
Don't format drives to WBFS (don't follow old tutorials or you will end losing your wiiU).
Read wiiU guides and tutorial.

They clearly state that you need to connect your USB on THE BACK on the TOP port.

usbj.jpg

That's normal that you can't install Bootmii as boot2.
WiiU doesn't have Boot2.

darkseekerliu

Advanced Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Any chance of knowing which USB loader I should use?

You can use any of the loaders avaiable for wii u (you can have all of them if you want).
The most used ones are :
USBLOADERGX - http://www.mediafire.com/download/d03h9zdew57j907/R1229_IOS222-249-250.7z (thanks Cyan for providing the links)
CFG USB LOADER MOD - http://homebrew.svalas.net/cfg-loader-mod/ - (Thanks SwedishGojira for compiling the latest avaiable source code (supports nintendont)
Wiiflow - https://code.google.com/p/wiiflow/downloads/list (from original reppository)

The usb loaders above work fine on wii u, just make sure install the latest cios on the tutorial that I linked to you here ...

tuck_kor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Finally!! I am able to load the wii backup in my wii u. Thank you very much for all the advices and tutorial which has definitely helped me alot to solve the problem! Eventhough there are still some games can't be load, such as Zelda twilight princess and skyward sword, just dance 2014 etc, but it definitely a great milestone for me in this. Bravo! Thanks everyone for the help :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.